C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Anyone running BC coils?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 02:48 PM

Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts
G63/RR LWB/W222 S550
Anyone running BC coils?

So BC coils makes a set of "affordable" coilovers for this car and you can get them for about $1000 shipped. There is another set fortune 100 that also makes a set for that price but I have never heard of them or seen any one running their setup.

I know a few people are running the BC coils so I was wondering if they could give some feedback? I initially want to do the h&r springs but I am worried about the car tracking to right issue and don't want to deal with that/alignment problems.

Also I know KW are supposedly the best but on my old car they only lasted a year and half/35k miles and I dodge every pothole/bad road like a religon. So many people I know have had the same issue with KW (failing early, leaking, noisy, etc) so I am not interested in them nor will ever buy them again.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
I'm not sure if you mean Fortune Auto. AMG3.2 is running fortune auto. I think a couple people have them. As far as BC, I'm not sure. They are definitely more popular in the Japanese car scene.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post6941832

stangxs also has the Fortune Auto coilovers

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...coilovers.html

Last edited by chrisridebike8; 10-29-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 2009
I used to run bc on my c280 and to be honest i would not think of them at all. Their shocks just could not handled their high spring rate and one the rear shocks blew in a few months.
If you want cheap coilovers at least go with the H&r with better creditability.
i went with Bikstein on my c280 afterwards and i can tell what is a good spring shock combo is.
But im happy with the stock suspension on my c63 now.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
A lot of H&R coilover guys complain of clunking noises.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:44 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
KW's have a lifetime warranty if you have a V2 or V3

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 10-29-2016, 09:10 PM

G63/RR LWB/W222 S550
Yup KW has lifetime warranty. However the hassle of taking apart your car again, shipping the suspension back to them then waiting to see if they approve it or not.....then getting it back and reinstalling, etc, etc....just not worth it.

The fortune auto are only $150-$200 more than BC. I have never heard of them but maybe they are a better bet, I will do some more research on them too.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:34 PM

Received 119 Likes on 79 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
A lifetime warranty on a superior product isn't worth it?

BC coil overs are popular in the Subaru crowd. Feal seems to be taking their place.

I'd go KW if it was my car.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
Fortune Auto makes a fantastic product. Would purchase again and again. Gotta get the Swift springs tho.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:01 PM

G63/RR LWB/W222 S550
Originally Posted by Ambystom01
A lifetime warranty on a superior product isn't worth it?

BC coil overs are popular in the Subaru crowd. Feal seems to be taking their place.

I'd go KW if it was my car.
How is it a superior product? I have had a set fail in less than two years. I also hear the same story from countless other people. KW is garbage and I would never buy them again.

I have run cheap JDM coilovers on other cars on these same exact roads and they have lasted fine. That is why I think I will go with the fortunes.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:03 PM

Received 119 Likes on 79 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
As far as we know, you got unlucky. Most of the people I know with KW like them. I've heard bad stories about every single coil over brand, so it's pick your poison, dude. I'd go KW over the brands you've suggested.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
I'll chime in here since I have experience with both brands.

This is what I'll say, after owning V1's and V2's brand new out of the box, and speaking with individuals in their service dept. about getting V3's refubed, I'd never purchase another KW product again.

First of all, I don't like the progressive spring setup, I don't like how ride height adjustment affects shock travel, and I don't like how they valve their suspensions. I've always found they're valving to be too stiff on sharper rode imperfections, but too soft in longer highway dips where a car. This is exactly the opposite of what I'd like a damper to do.

More so, since they're a big company, they couldn't care less about losing a sale to you and that definitely comes across on the phone. Not my kind of company to do business with.

That being said, not entry level coilovers are equal or good.

I'd not run a BC outside of this kit, and even this one is questionable for me.
http://www.modbargains.com/bc-racing...04-c63-amg.htm

I'm just not keen on their products.

Moving on to Fortune Auto. I'm not sure I'd run a 500 series on a C63 either especially with the standard springs as I don't think the comfort or valving would smooth enough to do a Benz justice. Although you could give them a go and upgrade the to Swift springs (a must) and let us know how they ride?

The 510's are they're ultra-digressive damper, definitely more for track use than DD, but I hear they're fantastic.

I opted for their Muller line up -- the MSC-1 kit which includes radial bearings, amsoil shock oil, and a 5 year warranty. The difference between Muller and their 5X0 kits is primarily their valving which is very much gears towards comfort.

I only have about 250 miles on my kit, and about 30 miles with my new 9K springs up front, and I can tell you that it's by far the best riding coilover I've ever purchased. They blow off small bumps pretty well, and behave very nicely on larger freeway dips.

At first, I went with 7k front springs and 11k rear, but after some driving, definitely realized I needed to go with 9k up front as the fronts were so soft.

Here's the kicker too -- their service is phenominal. I got on the phone Wednesday morning and mentioned that the 7k's were too soft so they ordered me a new 9k set straight from Swift and had them delivered to my door... for free as long as I returned the 7k springs back to them with a shipping label they provided. Is that customer service or what...
The following users liked this post:
chrisridebike8 (10-30-2016)
Old 10-29-2016, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
One thing I will never cheap out on. Suspension / Tires and brakes.

These 3 things affect your drive every-time you use your car. Save up for something decent.

BC / Fortune auto all relatively new on the scene. This stuff isn't rocket science. But i would trust my money with KW / H&R first.

H&R coil overs destroy upper strut mount bearings on the front. Its a cheap / easy fix. But Its not worth changing out every few months. I dropped my H&R coil overs for a set of KW V3's and haven't looked back since.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by Kriston
One thing I will never cheap out on. Suspension / Tires and brakes.
There ya go. +1. And add shoes and eye/sun glasses to the personal list.

In a sense, on all counts its where you make contact with the world.
Not where you want to economize. Find other areas to cut the budget.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 2009
Hi,
just curious what you meant by 7k spring rate up front beein too soft. Was it softer than stock was or was it not a good match with the car?

Originally Posted by AMG3.2
I'll chime in here since I have experience with both brands.

This is what I'll say, after owning V1's and V2's brand new out of the box, and speaking with individuals in their service dept. about getting V3's refubed, I'd never purchase another KW product again.

First of all, I don't like the progressive spring setup, I don't like how ride height adjustment affects shock travel, and I don't like how they valve their suspensions. I've always found they're valving to be too stiff on sharper rode imperfections, but too soft in longer highway dips where a car. This is exactly the opposite of what I'd like a damper to do.

More so, since they're a big company, they couldn't care less about losing a sale to you and that definitely comes across on the phone. Not my kind of company to do business with.

That being said, not entry level coilovers are equal or good.

I'd not run a BC outside of this kit, and even this one is questionable for me.
http://www.modbargains.com/bc-racing...04-c63-amg.htm

I'm just not keen on their products.

Moving on to Fortune Auto. I'm not sure I'd run a 500 series on a C63 either especially with the standard springs as I don't think the comfort or valving would smooth enough to do a Benz justice. Although you could give them a go and upgrade the to Swift springs (a must) and let us know how they ride?

The 510's are they're ultra-digressive damper, definitely more for track use than DD, but I hear they're fantastic.

I opted for their Muller line up -- the MSC-1 kit which includes radial bearings, amsoil shock oil, and a 5 year warranty. The difference between Muller and their 5X0 kits is primarily their valving which is very much gears towards comfort.

I only have about 250 miles on my kit, and about 30 miles with my new 9K springs up front, and I can tell you that it's by far the best riding coilover I've ever purchased. They blow off small bumps pretty well, and behave very nicely on larger freeway dips.

At first, I went with 7k front springs and 11k rear, but after some driving, definitely realized I needed to go with 9k up front as the fronts were so soft.

Here's the kicker too -- their service is phenominal. I got on the phone Wednesday morning and mentioned that the 7k's were too soft so they ordered me a new 9k set straight from Swift and had them delivered to my door... for free as long as I returned the 7k springs back to them with a shipping label they provided. Is that customer service or what...
Old 10-30-2016, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG W204
Pardon my French but. Why the **** would you buy a C63 then put BC on your car?
Old 10-30-2016, 09:21 AM

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 C63s Sedan
I'm in the market for coils, was looking at Fortune, Bilstein and KW. After doing some research and reading 3.2's review. My main question is, do these coils need to be removed to adjust ride height? My previous coils, BC on my G37 and KW v1 on my TL. I could adjust ride height on both w/o removing anything but the wheels. Are most all coils for the C designed differently (in the rear) where you need to either remove or clamp the spring for height adjustment?

Last edited by Schulminator; 10-30-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w204 c63
I ran them on my 335i and had no problem with them. I'm currently running them on the c63 and have had a couple problems with them.

I have creaking noises in the front and rear (fronts are worse) and when going over train tracks or small pot holes the fronts are extremely rough and it sounds like I'm bottoming out (when I'm definitely not). I've spoken with BC and they are going to rebuild my fronts for free but I don't think they are going to address the noises in the rear, which I can live with.

Also needing alinement pins was an issue, but I guess you're going to have that with any aftermarket suspension on this platform.

They were supposed to use my car to test out linear springs for our kits but that has since been put on the back burner according to them.

I'm hoping to be able to get out to orlando before the end of Nov so they can rebuild the fronts.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by jay rick
Hi,
just curious what you meant by 7k spring rate up front beein too soft. Was it softer than stock was or was it not a good match with the car?
It wasn't a good match at all. I thought the front end dipped too hard on larger road dips, even at full stiff. 9k springs are a far better choice IMO.

Originally Posted by Schulminator
I'm in the market for coils, was looking at Fortune, Bilstein and KW. After doing some research and reading 3.2's review. My main question is, do these coils need to be removed to adjust ride height? My previous coils, BC on my G37 and KW v1 on my TL. I could adjust ride height on both w/o removing anything but the wheels. Are most all coils for the C designed differently (in the rear) where you need to either remove or clamp the spring for height adjustment?
Fronts no, rear kinda -- you need to drop the bolt on the control arm to reduce spring tension so you can turn it. It's a pain, but is the case with all multilink rear suspensions.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:35 PM

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
So I have ran BC coilovers on my 370z. They were alright... meh.

I have a 370z buddy that ran fortune and he swears by them. Ride in his car felt nice, never drove it personally

idk if they make it for the C63 but my G37 was on Stance coilovers. Harsh ride but great coils for corners and low.

Driven a 370z on KW v3 and a GTR on them. Amazing ride and feel. I have wanted a set for years.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by SuperFastYo
So I have ran BC coilovers on my 370z. They were alright... meh.

I have a 370z buddy that ran fortune and he swears by them. Ride in his car felt nice, never drove it personally

idk if they make it for the C63 but my G37 was on Stance coilovers. Harsh ride but great coils for corners and low.

Driven a 370z on KW v3 and a GTR on them. Amazing ride and feel. I have wanted a set for years.
No Stance coils for the C63 avail, not that I'd go that route though.

There must be something different in the V3's because I can't imagine them riding like V1's and V2's and getting such praise.

Never been in a car with V3's so can't comment specifically but it does seem like a good amount of folks around here like 'em so I must be missing something...
Old 10-30-2016, 04:25 PM

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
No Stance coils for the C63 avail, not that I'd go that route though.

There must be something different in the V3's because I can't imagine them riding like V1's and V2's and getting such praise.

Never been in a car with V3's so can't comment specifically but it does seem like a good amount of folks around here like 'em so I must be missing something...
lol yea, I probably wouldn't buy stance again. **** hurts your back on them potholes haha
Old 10-30-2016, 06:13 PM

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 C63s Sedan
It wasn't a good match at all. I thought the front end dipped too hard on larger road dips, even at full stiff. 9k springs are a far better choice IMO.

Fronts no, rear kinda -- you need to drop the bolt on the control arm to reduce spring tension so you can turn it. It's a pain, but is the case with all multilink rear suspensions.

Could you use a low profile spring compressor to remove the tension to adjust the collar?
Old 10-30-2016, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by Schulminator
Could you use a low profile spring compressor to remove the tension to adjust the collar?
Sure, but that seems like more work then removing that one bolt.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:54 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Coming from the import scene of Genesis coupes. BC was the go to coil over setup for people that only desire stance. Low scrapping chassis and -5 degree camber. Fortune auto was a better option in the scene but only a few had them.

My KW V3 feel amazing on this car and they were purchased used. Still performing amazingly.

My previous H&R coil over setup were great too. I would not have needed to upgrade had they been stiffer to my liking. I feel they would be great for a daily commuter for how comfortable they felt. Currently selling them and willing to let them go for $900 shipped. Pretty much new with 2k miles never seen a winter with them.