C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

P0456 code but no CEL, no smell of gas inside/outside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CTT-S
P0456 code but no CEL, no smell of gas inside/outside

first thing happened, as I started the car (not cold start, drove car for 1 hr + prior and about 2 hrs parked), seems that the car choked (?) and eventually died, car is still in "P" at this time. waited for about 1 minuted, started the car and it ran smooth.

6 days later, just drove off the driveway, i noticed the car losing power (?) and eventually choked again.. CEL was lit until turned off the car, waited 1 minute and started again, no CEL. while driving, seems to be struggling to keep up, RPM seems to be staying between 2k-3k even if i tried to step on it. gears changes with no issue but again, car seems to struggle but kept to drive up to 65-70 mph. car is in "C" mode all the time.

on stop (car still running), changed to "S", seems to have gave car life and ran like an AMG is supposed to run, bleeps on downshifts, etc.

when I came home, plugged in an OBD II and it showed P0456.

left the car overnight in closed garage, morning - no smell of gas. checked for anything inside - no smell of gas (front, back). started the car, drove for about 30 mins (S mode), no issues, but when i check the OBD reader, the code is still there.

before i bring to dealer, what to expect, check? gas cap seems to be tight. no smell of gas there too.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:41 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
deleted.