Sponsored by:

New C63 seatings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
458Speciale
New C63 seatings

Hi to everybody.This is my first post here. I am following you by a long time since I am really interested in the new C63 Estate coming soon on the market. My English is and will be always basic sorry ..Btw let me share with you the first pic (I think) regarding the new seatings. I personally love them.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe' '99' Audi A4 Avant Quattro 2.8 DD
They are the same Recaros from the CLA45
Old 09-12-2014, 04:58 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
Originally Posted by 458Savage
Hi to everybody.This is my first post here. I am following you by a long time since I am really interested in the new C63 Estate coming soon on the market. My English is and will be always basic sorry ..Btw let me share with you the first pic (I think) regarding the new seatings. I personally love them.

The one big thing that I love about my CLA is the seats. Glad to see that the C63 will have them!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
I will be ordering the performance seats. Need to sit in one. Love the single piece seats.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:54 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Interesting, they do look the same as those of the A & CLA45, I thought they would be different for the new model 205 C63

It may probably depend on market to market place as to which or what will be the final fitments.

Here in Australia we will only receive the top spec new C63 AMG 'S' as is the case also for the A & CLA45 AMG's which come only in top spec with all the extra goodies.

Won't be long now until the official release
Old 09-12-2014, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by AV1
Interesting, they do look the same as those of the A & CLA45, I thought they would be different for the new model 205 C63

It may probably depend on market to market place as to which or what will be the final fitments.

Here in Australia we will only receive the top spec new C63 AMG 'S' as is the case also for the A & CLA45 AMG's which come only in top spec with all the extra goodies.

Won't be long now until the official release
They're in the CLA45 and the new AMG GT.

They are very nice seats (Recaro makes them).
Old 09-14-2014, 10:48 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by zibby43
They're in the CLA45 and the new AMG GT.

They are very nice seats (Recaro makes them).

Agree, they are indeed very nice (aesthetically speaking) just thought or hoped they would be different in the new C Class I've driven both A & CLA45's and those seats are not as comfortable nor better supporting IMHO as the current W/C204 AMG seats.

Eagerly awaiting to see the final product also wonder if the upcoming coupe will have different seats or seating design to the sedan and wagon as was the case with the W/C204 model range.

Also not surprised they're Recaros AFAIK I think MB have always used Recaro they are an OEM seating supplier to most of the Euro car manufacturers, I have an 11 year old Opel and the whole model range of that particular model even the non sport variants were fitted with Recaro seats
Old 09-15-2014, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E63, 2018 AMG GT Convertible
New one spotted?

Don't follow the C series much as I don't fit, but just saw these seats in a AMG C Class on Sunday at Duke's in Huntington Beach. It also had an AMG tag on the side of the front fenders that said V8 Twin Turbo in a style I have never seen before. Backed up so close to the wall I could not see what kind of plates, if any, it had on it. Car was beautiful. Did I just see a new one that is not yet released? I know that it I NOT the current model running around everywhere here in SoCal.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
AMG is really catching up with their performance options. Everything from the Performance Exhaust to the Performance Seats seem top notch. It's a no brainer if you can afford them!

I wish made AMG deciding between coupe and sedan as easy!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by Stricks
Don't follow the C series much as I don't fit, but just saw these seats in a AMG C Class on Sunday at Duke's in Huntington Beach. It also had an AMG tag on the side of the front fenders that said V8 Twin Turbo in a style I have never seen before. Backed up so close to the wall I could not see what kind of plates, if any, it had on it. Car was beautiful. Did I just see a new one that is not yet released? I know that it I NOT the current model running around everywhere here in SoCal.
lol, are you sure you saw a C class. Because there is no such thing as a C class with a V8 twin turbo... not yet any way.

Remember that Mercedes vehicles all look the same now, just like BMW and Audi with a same vehicle different size offerings. You probably saw a 2014 E63 that had a V8 BiTurbo badge. But I imagine that if you are an E63 owner then you should know an E63 if you saw one, even if it now blends in with all the other MB vehicles.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:36 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI

Interesting you may have indeed seen what your thinking or possibly another test mule.

Would be good if the badging ends up saying twin turbo rather than bi turbo

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
AMG is really catching up with their performance options. Everything from the Performance Exhaust to the Performance Seats seem top notch. It's a no brainer if you can afford them!

I wish made AMG deciding between coupe and sedan as easy!

Agree if you can afford one then there's no reason not to have one in your garage

Variant choice is an easy one for me - coupe or nothing and am more than happy to wait

Originally Posted by Tjdehya
lol, are you sure you saw a C class. Because there is no such thing as a C class with a V8 twin turbo... not yet any way.

Remember that Mercedes vehicles all look the same now, just like BMW and Audi with a same vehicle different size offerings. You probably saw a 2014 E63 that had a V8 BiTurbo badge. But I imagine that if you are an E63 owner then you should know an E63 if you saw one, even if it now blends in with all the other MB vehicles.

He could have very well been looking at W205 C63 prototype/test or maybe even production vehicle
Old 09-16-2014, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by AV1
He could have very well been looking at W205 C63 prototype/test or maybe even production vehicle
I seriously doubt it. He lives in CA so there is a 99% chance he saw someone in a C300 with fake AMG badges and a V8 twin turbo badge from another vehicle that they found on Ebay.

Last edited by Tjdehya; 09-16-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:11 PM

2015 C63 at Duke's

Absolutely a C Class, and not a poser C300. Often see cars that, in theory, don't exist here in SoCal. Remember reading about a car that was only in Europe, and then saw it on the 405 that afternoon. Road & Track, in Newport Beach, used to test cars, and have them, before they started selling to the public. Many years ago I saw the new S500 before it was released at a Hooters. It did have "Manufacturers" plates on it. And I once followed a "Manufacturer" A Class into Fletcher Jones Mercedes one morning. The AMG Badging on the car Sunday was something I have not seen before and can't find it on the web anywhere, but honestly have not really looked that hard. It was gone when we left after dinner. Again, it was strikingly beautiful and looked like it wanted to eat anything in front of it!
Old 09-16-2014, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 EQS 580
Absolutely a C Class, and not a poser C300. Often see cars that, in theory, don't exist here in SoCal. Remember reading about a car that was only in Europe, and then saw it on the 405 that afternoon. Road & Track, in Newport Beach, used to test cars, and have them, before they started selling to the public. Many years ago I saw the new S500 before it was released at a Hooters. It did have "Manufacturers" plates on it. And I once followed a "Manufacturer" A Class into Fletcher Jones Mercedes one morning. The AMG Badging on the car Sunday was something I have not seen before and can't find it on the web anywhere, but honestly have not really looked that hard. It was gone when we left after dinner. Again, it was strikingly beautiful and looked like it wanted to eat anything in front of it!
I can't tell you what you saw but I can tell you with full confidence that you did NOT see a W205 C63 driving around in CA without camo.

AMG has one and only one Badge (with S and without S), so if you saw an AMG badge you didn't recognize then you saw a fake badge...
Old 09-17-2014, 11:02 AM

2015 C63?

Yes, the AMG badge was on the trunk lid. I am referring to the "engine" badging on the front fenders.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S4
I saw the same car too...

LOL
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2014, 10:30 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Yes, the AMG badge was on the trunk lid. I am referring to the "engine" badging on the front fenders.

Only time will tell, we'll know in 10 days

Originally Posted by frank69m
I saw the same car too...

LOL

LOL that's funny, it happens everywhere I live in Australia and once spotted a basic C Class sedan completely stock standard and what appeared to me to be a C180 with the same C63 and AMG badges on it as that pic above - why people do that is beyond me too
Old 09-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

'92 300E, '06 E55
I seriously doubt it. He lives in CA so there is a 99% chance he saw someone in a C300 with fake AMG badges and a V8 twin turbo badge from another vehicle that they found on Ebay.
There are a lot of prototype cars running around California all year round. A few of the guys working at HG saw the BMW F82 M4 prototypes over 6 months before the car was released around Santa Barbara, for example.

It's definitely possible he saw a W205 C63 AMG
Old 09-22-2014, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by HGMotorsports
There are a lot of prototype cars running around California all year round. A few of the guys working at HG saw the BMW F82 M4 prototypes over 6 months before the car was released around Santa Barbara, for example.

It's definitely possible he saw a W205 C63 AMG
Without Camo? Sorry... that's IMPOSSIBLE!

Also, just because BMW does it doesn't meant that MB would... especially AMG. FACT!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

'92 300E, '06 E55
Without Camo? Sorry... that's IMPOSSIBLE!

Also, just because BMW does it doesn't meant that MB would... especially AMG. FACT!
I missed the part where he said it didn't have camo, I suppose that does sound unlikely.

By the way, these seats are unbelievable! We're looking at picking up a W205 AMG as a shop car and it will definitely have them installed.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
Good first post.

Seats look more rigid and firmer than previous. Side bolsters look like they will hold up better over time without stretching and wrinkling from getting in and out. I also like the front seat depth extension similar to the S5. Slimmer profile and less is more for sure. They made something great even better. Well done AMG.