AMG Driving Academy - October Dates and Promotions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 761 Likes on 527 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
AMG Driving Academy - October Dates and Promotions

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd repost this here from the PL - the AMG Driving Academy still has some spots available for their basic and advanced courses at Mosport in October and they are running a promo where you get a set of Piloti driving shoes if you sign up.

These are great courses - I've done the advanced one several times and keep going back for more. You get to drive all 2016 MY AMGs around one of the best tracks in the world, with coaching from some of the best and nicest instructors in the business (professional race driver coaches and racers). 12 cars and 12 particiapants in total so you get lots of seat time, wearing out someone else's brakes, tires and cars.

AMG ownership is NOT a requrement for participating. Even if you don't currently own an AMG, where else are you going to get a chance to take these amazing machines on a proper race track and see what they are really capable of while greatly improving your driving skills?

Cheers,
Doug

-
From: Danny Kok, Chief Instructor, AMG Driving Academy Canada
Subject: Toronto AMG dates available

Hi AMG Enthusiasts!

We have a few spots available on our AMG Basic and AMG Advanced courses in October at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport)availabe.

AMG Basic October 7
AMG Advanced October 5/6

Special offer:
Register for the AMG Basic Course on October 7 and receive 1 pair of Piloti Spyder Driving Shoes free of charge.

Register for the AMG Advanced Course on October 5/6 and receive 1 pair of Piloti Competizione or Superleggra SFI certified racing shoes free of charge.

Call Denise at 866 577 6232 to register.
-
Old 09-25-2015, 10:19 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
07 Z06, 2011 c63pp
Thanks for posting.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
That sounds amazing, I've done these courses a few times with several companies. What are the packages/prices? thanks
Old 09-29-2015, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...g_academy.html

They are not exactly cheap, but IMHO well worth the price once you take into account what you actually get for your $$. Over the years I've done track days with probably a dozen different car clubs, but the instruction and coaching at the AMG DA is on a different level altogether - not to mention that you can drive flat out around Mosport with only a handful of other cars and zero worries about damage or wear and tear to your own car.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:56 AM
AHI

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
AMG GTR
I participated in this event yesterday at Mosport, and it was amazing. I finally got a chance to drive an AMG GTS which I have on order, and never drove before. Most surprising of the day was the new GLE AMG!
Old 10-09-2015, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AHI
I participated in this event yesterday at Mosport, and it was amazing. I finally got a chance to drive an AMG GTS which I have on order, and never drove before. Most surprising of the day was the new GLE AMG!

My wife was also there on the 7th.

The advanced courses are on a different level altogether - you ought to do one next year. There were only three of us at the Oct. 5/6 event - all repeat offenders - so we decided to skip the usual format and instead got one-on-one coaching and more lapping over the two days than we could take. By the end we were all in the mid 1:30s in the GTS and around the 1:40 mark in the SL63s (the C63Ss would have been in the high 1:30s but had no brakes left after the last event), and I don't think there was a single orange cone left standing on the track that we didn't hit (except for the one on the wooden fence post outside corner 5). It was absolutely amazing.