Cigars Forum for cigar aficionados, reviews of top cigars world wide.

Any smokers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 10:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1998 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by SoCalCLK
SoCal to MO, whoa! Hopefully the new surroundings don't include $4.29 a gallon gas, haha.

Great cigar picks. I am partial to maduros and figurados as well. Also torpedos. Hopefully you have also found some good places to relax and enjoy a cigar. With the draconian laws in this state, the only places left are my own yard.

If you ever need someone to smoke those Opus X's in L.A., let me know!
I was born and raised in SoCal and will probably always consider it my "home", even though I'm quite partial to Hawaii since that's where the folks are from. Mizzou has much to offer, in terms of "quality of living".

For one thing, no more draconian smoking laws! I couldn't even smoke on my home beaches of Hermosa/Manhattan/Redondo! WTF?!?!

Also, gas averages about $3.25/gal here. Although I (of course) use premium, it's only $3.50 ($3.499999) but I have easy access to 93 and 94 octane! Plus my insurance is about $500-$600/year cheaper.

Did I mention that I don't have to make an appointment at the DMV to register my car, change my driver's license or get my new plates? Walked in and done in about 90 minutes.

Yes I miss the warm sun, but that will change in a month or so....

BTW, those Partags 150's are technically 34
Old 03-10-2011, 10:06 PM

1998 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by SoCalCLK
SoCal to MO, whoa! Hopefully the new surroundings don't include $4.29 a gallon gas, haha.

Great cigar picks. I am partial to maduros and figurados as well. Also torpedos. Hopefully you have also found some good places to relax and enjoy a cigar. With the draconian laws in this state, the only places left are my own yard.

If you ever need someone to smoke those Opus X's in L.A., let me know!
I was born and raised in SoCal and will probably always consider it my "home", even though I'm quite partial to Hawaii since that's where the folks are from. Mizzou has much to offer, in terms of "quality of living".

For one thing, no more draconian smoking laws! I couldn't even smoke on my home beaches of Hermosa/Manhattan/Redondo! WTF?!?!

Also, gas averages about $3.25/gal here. Although I (of course) use premium, it's only $3.50 ($3.499999) but I have easy access to 93 and 94 octane! Plus my insurance is about $500-$600/year cheaper.

Did I mention that I don't have to make an appointment at the DMV to register my car, change my driver's license or get my new plates? Walked in and done in about 90 minutes.

Yes I miss the warm sun, but that will change in a month or so....

BTW, those Partags 150's are technically 34 yo smokes now since the tobacco was 18 years old at the time the cigars were rolled! Also, my Opus X's are about 16 years old since I bought them back in '95 from Mike's Cigars in Miami because you COULD NOT find them on the west coast!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
I had a great smoke this weekend and had to share it...Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo Gordo...full bodied, great draw and ash, very smooth cigar!

Old 06-21-2011, 12:30 PM

1998 C43 AMG
AMGfan, thanks for the timely review! I was just perusing my Cigars International catalog and I know they push a lot of the Victor Sinclair lines. I was interested in trying the VS triple corojo, so your testimony and pic is telling me to try a box. Thanks!

PS Great ash, btw!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by JohnnyRock
AMGfan, thanks for the timely review! I was just perusing my Cigars International catalog and I know they push a lot of the Victor Sinclair lines. I was interested in trying the VS triple corojo, so your testimony and pic is telling me to try a box. Thanks!

PS Great ash, btw!
JohnnyRock...pm your address. I can shoot you a VS triple corojo to try out...
Old 07-17-2011, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

New additions to the smoke room:

1. A cigar humidor coffee table:

Impresssion: I love the table but it took almost 3 days to season it and get the humidity right. I finally broke down and had some electronic humidifiers overnighted to me and now it is just right...right @ 70%. It holds about 400 cigars...

2. Some new cigars came in: Padilla 1932's (Cigars Int had a sale for #10 @ $40...I got #30 which is a great deal), My Father Limited Edition 2010's (#12), Ave Maria Reconquista (#12), Graycliff Double Espressos (#20).

Impression: The Padillas are FANTASTIC smokes. The Graycliffs are some of my favorite top shelf sticks. The My Father and Ave Maria are really full bodied sticks that are for special occasions that I reserve for nights I want to really treat myself to some asskicker sticks and top shelf scotch. I'm going to age them for a bit, though.

2. A Sharp Aquos 70" LED flat screen with B/W speakers

Impression: It is phucking huge screen. The picture out of the box wasn't great but once you calibrate it then the picture quality really shines. It makes the 50" Panasonic Viera plasma that was there look miniscule.

Last edited by AMGfan; 07-17-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:32 PM

1998 C43 AMG
AMGFan, what brand are those black and gold banded belicosos?
Old 07-18-2011, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMGFan, what brand are those black and gold banded belicosos?
Joya de Nicaragua Antano dark corojo...this is full bodied *** kicker...not for the weak or novice smoker.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Some new cigars I ordered came in yesterday...

1. Man O War Ruination Robustos (6" x 60"): Cuban seed Nicaraguan and Honduran long leaf ligeros with Habana Ecuador ligero leaf wrapper = full bodied

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....ic=59369&st=40
2. Cain by Oliva "F" Habana Double Toro (6" x 60"): Nicaraguan ligero blend with Habana leaf wrap = extra full bodied

Old 07-22-2011, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Expecting on Monday some 5packs:

1. Tatuaje Miami Reserva J21
2. My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto
3. Man O War Armada
4. Padilla Dominus Double Robusto
Old 07-22-2011, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
dang, I've never read/seen people describe cigars the way you guys do lol. I smoke Marlboro's....never smoked a cigar before. I heard you're not supposed to inhale the smoke? (or something like that)

I was never really interested in smoking cigars but I wanna try one now haha.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Some new cigars I ordered came in yesterday...

1. Man O War Ruination Robustos (6" x 60"): Cuban seed Nicaraguan and Honduran long leaf ligeros with Habana Ecuador ligero leaf wrapper = full bodied

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....ic=59369&st=40
2. Cain by Oliva "F" Habana Double Toro (6" x 60"): Nicaraguan ligero blend with Habana leaf wrap = extra full bodied

Dude, those Man o Wars look sick. Quality, man, quality! They look like they are ready to go to war. Great choice.

I picked up some Punch Upper Cut on the way to a networking function yesterday and they were great. Very smooth, chocolatey smoke.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The 2011 HUMIDOR LINEUP

CAO Punisher
My Father Limited Edition 2010
Ave Maria Reconquista

Cain Habano “F”
Padilla Signature 1932
Acid Opulence 3
Gurkha Centurion
Tabak Especial Limited Edition Café con Leche
Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro box press
Casa Magna Oscuro
La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Valentino
Camacho Corojo Limited 11/18
Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro Torpedo

Padilla Dominus
Tabak Especial Limited Edition Red Eye
Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro Quadrum
Man O War Ruination
Man O War Armada
5 Vegas Triple A
Rocky Patel Decade Emperor
Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo

PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Maduro
Man O War
Perdomo Patriarch Maduro
Tatuaje Miami Reserva J21
Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo
My Father Le Bijou 1922
My Father #1
Tatuaje Gran Cojuno
La Flor Dominicano Airbender

Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro
Graycliff Double Espresso
Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo
D’Crossier Imperium Class Centro Gordo
Padilla Achilles

Not Shown (still awaiting delivery of box)
La Gloria Artesanos de Obelisco
Padilla Dominus Double Robusto
Liga Privada #9 Corona Doble
Old 08-04-2011, 02:46 PM

1998 C43 AMG
Damn, J, your line up looks like the showroom for Cigars International catalog! In case of armageddon or viral zombie takeover, I'm heading to your house!!!

Please keep posting reviews of your smokes as I am a full-bodied smoker myself and am curious about nearly every brand you have shown. For instance those Padilla 1932's and Ave Maria's.

ALthough I haven't smoked any Man 'O Wars, I can tell you that his other blend, "Diesel", is a GREAT, full-bodied, tasty smoke! Ruination is on my "must order" list, as are some Padillas and Alec Bradley Tempus (thanks to you!).
Old 08-04-2011, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Damn, J, your line up looks like the showroom for Cigars International catalog! In case of armageddon or viral zombie takeover, I'm heading to your house!!!

Please keep posting reviews of your smokes as I am a full-bodied smoker myself and am curious about nearly every brand you have shown. For instance those Padilla 1932's and Ave Maria's.

ALthough I haven't smoked any Man 'O Wars, I can tell you that his other blend, "Diesel", is a GREAT, full-bodied, tasty smoke! Ruination is on my "must order" list, as are some Padillas and Alec Bradley Tempus (thanks to you!).
Cool...we can smoke some stogies and pop off a couple of zombie heads...

The Padilla 1932 is such a smooth smoke...a real winner. It is sneaky strong...probably closer to finishing the second 1/3 you start to get the kick and jitters (if you aren't used to full bodied).

The Ave Maria I haven't smoke yet...aging them a bit and breaking them open for a special occasion...probably next month on my Fantasy Football weekend in Orlando.

The Ruination is just pure asskicker...it starts out strong and doesn't stop. I would make sure you have a full stomach and fluids while you smoke...

The Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro's are great at any price...surprisingly they aren't that expensive @ $7-8 a stick.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This cigar is so sweet to the lips...smooth flavor, easy draw, dark gray ash, mild to medium body. Very enjoyable cigar after work or with an espresso...

Old 08-19-2011, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
AMGfan,
You sir have excellent taste. I tip my hat to you sir! I've been smoking cigars for around 10 years now and never really knew how to enjoy a good cigar until I started going down your list. Wow, thank you!
I read that you play golf. I play golf also and enjoy my cigars on the course. My uncle own Plantation Palms Country Club in Tampa. So if you ever want to play that course just send me a pm and I will let him know you are coming. He will treat you right. They also have a cigar night there at the club once a week if you are interested.
BTW I love your cars!
Old 08-19-2011, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
AMGfan,
You sir have excellent taste. I tip my hat to you sir! I've been smoking cigars for around 10 years now and never really knew how to enjoy a good cigar until I started going down your list. Wow, thank you!
I read that you play golf. I play golf also and enjoy my cigars on the course. My uncle own Plantation Palms Country Club in Tampa. So if you ever want to play that course just send me a pm and I will let him know you are coming. He will treat you right. They also have a cigar night there at the club once a week if you are interested.
BTW I love your cars!
Set up a tee time when your in town...great course. I played in a charity scramble about a month ago there...really enjoyable time. I just got a new table humidor and have filled it up with some choice stogies. You ever want to try something new...let me know ill drop some in a box and send them to you.

Pay it forward is my mantra...
Old 08-20-2011, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
That's funny. I was up there maybe about a month and a half ago for the pro-am tournament. I was one of the pros that played. I will definately set up a tee time the next time I am up there. I look forward to it.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are going to have to give me a couple of strokes...
Old 08-20-2011, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Each stroke will cost a smoke.lol JK. It doesn't matter to me. I love to play golf. And it doesn't matter how you play as long as you enjoy it. I am looking forward to meeting you, enjoying a smoke, and round of golf.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' BMW M3
...AMGfan... damn,simply amazing!...I'm just a commoner compared to your stash...I go with Punch on an almost daily basis...
Old 08-25-2011, 02:03 AM

1998 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Set up a tee time when your in town...great course. I played in a charity scramble about a month ago there...really enjoyable time. I just got a new table humidor and have filled it up with some choice stogies. You ever want to try something new...let me know ill drop some in a box and send them to you.

Pay it forward is my mantra...
This man speaketh the truth! J will hook you up, no questions asked. Great guy. AMG, I'm waiting for a couple of "non-domestic" smokes to come in from Europe, as soon as they do, I'll send some out to you. Damn customs keeps opening the boxes!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 R170
great pics, I haven't had a cigar in a while. Think I'll carry myself to the local shop and pick myself up some.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Picked up a box of Opus X Lost City and a great Prometheus golf humidor with a sweet lighter and V cutter...ALSO waiting for a stash of Cohiba Behike 52's to come into my possession...

PS The Prometheus flint lighter is the bomb...for a single flame it packs a punch...much more reliable than some of the piezo or standard lighters I've gotten...its slick...its so thin and sleek...I keep thinking its an Ipod mini...

Last edited by AMGfan; 09-07-2011 at 07:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.