CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

CL w215 front brake discs - R they Bosche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
CL w215 front brake discs - R they Bosche?

Local MB dealer wants £90 each (so £180) for the 2 front brake discs

eurocarparts.co.uk (I have one just 30 mins from me) has Bosche front brake discs for our w215 CL's for £53 each - so both for just over £100.

Thats a great saving but I was wondering - are the MB packaged discs BOSCHE anyway? if so im defo gonna get the ones from EuroCarParts.

Anyone able to shed light on this?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by shanusanus
Local MB dealer wants £90 each (so £180) for the 2 front brake discs

eurocarparts.co.uk (I have one just 30 mins from me) has Bosche front brake discs for our w215 CL's for £53 each - so both for just over £100.

Thats a great saving but I was wondering - are the MB packaged discs BOSCHE anyway? if so im defo gonna get the ones from EuroCarParts.

Anyone able to shed light on this?
I recently changed the pads on mine and they were Jurid and not Bosche. I didn't see a specific MB part number on them either. I wasn't too happy with the performance I had so I went with EBC RedStuff. It takes a while for them to properly break in, but once they do, they're really great pads.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:06 AM

hey thanks - red Stuff - hmmm might be worth a look at. The local dealer today showed me the discs and I too didnt see a 'make' on them or a part number so im wondering just what the hell the merc ones are now?!?!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by shanusanus
hey thanks - red Stuff - hmmm might be worth a look at. The local dealer today showed me the discs and I too didnt see a 'make' on them or a part number so im wondering just what the hell the merc ones are now?!?!
No problem! Your best bet is going to your local dealer and buying from them if you want the original MB stuff. In my opinion, the aftermarket has stuff thats cheaper and performs better. I'm very happy with EBC. The CL is a heavy car, so the more braking power, the better.

Keep in mind though, the brakes will be a bit tricky at first if you don't change the pads and rotors together. This is due to the imperfect surface of the existing rotors with new pads. You won't have full contact on the braking surface until they fully break in. Pedal will be firm and low speed stops will feel like the brakes are ineffective at first. If you want to avoid this, just change the pads and rotors together.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:26 PM

well the Mb dealer changed the pads but left the shot discs on - idiots!! so I guess ill have to put up with the 'breaking in' period

Ive only had my CL500 a week now - funny - not missing the C32 at all - thought I would. I do miss the power but the Cl500 aint that far behind !!