CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**

Old 10-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Euros
Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**

For locals that are looking to get vinyl installed on their cars, I can supply both the materials and do the complete installation at my location. The best way to schedule an appointment with me or reach me is via e-mail at donathon@gmail.com

Here's a link to my Facebook Page - Gallery

I am located in Anaheim Hills / Orange County, California. (Note: I do occasionally make trips to Norcal / Bay Area for vinyl installations/work as well, contact me for more info)

For non-locals (or for someone who just wants or needs some materials) and would like to DIY it, I can supply and sell you just the materials to do the installation as well.

Prices varies for both installation and materials depending on the exact car, vinyl finish, and specific part(s) that you want wrapped, so PM or e-mail me (donathon@gmail.com) directly for price quotes.

- Gloss and matte black roof vinyl (other finishes/colors are available upon request)
- Gloss and matte Carbon fiber vinyl
- Black out chrome/brushed aluminum window trim vinyl
- Interior/exterior trim
- Head/tail light tinting
- Full car wraps
- Graphic/vinyl installations
- And More...

I've done installations on hundreds of cars and have supplied materials to thousands of cars worldwide at this point. Here are just one or two quick pictures of the cars and the work that I have personally done for them, just to give you guys an idea of how it looks like and the quality of my work:

Gloss black vinyl roof install:
Before:

After:

Matte black roof install:

Carbon fiber roof install:
Before (hood and roof both originally painted gloss black):

After:

Tinted / smoked lights install:
Before:

After:

Blacked out chrome/brushed aluminum window trim install:
Before:

After:

For a more concise way of viewing specific examples of my work, I have split the more popular types of installations into specific galleries, which you can view in the links below. Even if you may not see something pictured in one of the links below, feel free to contact me directly, as it is very likely that it is still something that I can do or have done in the past.

Facebook Page - Gallery

Gloss and Matte Black Roofs:
Black Roof Vinyl Wrap Pictures - Q&A/FAQ/etc. - E46Fanatics

3M Dinoc and 1080 Carbon Fiber Roofs:
Don Nguyen - Vinyl Carbon Fiber Roof - Picture Thread - E46Fanatics

Smoked/tinted headlights and tail lights:
Smoked/tinted headlights and tail lights? Opinions? - E46Fanatics

Blacked out chrome/brushed aluminum window trim:
Don Nguyen | Blacked Out Window Trim - Vinyl - E46Fanatics

Let me know if you guys have any questions or if you are interested in getting some work done.

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 09-20-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is for the guys who have asked what would look good on their car if they have a carbon fiber hood. Hopefully these pictures can help those of you out a bit. Here's a blue Nissan 350z's roof that I vinyl wrapped with my gloss black material. I wish I had more/better pictures, but it was a bit dark and some of the pictures didn't turn out too good. The owner of this car was somewhere around the Los Angeles or Pasadena area and come down to me in Orange County to have his roof wrapped. You can see the gloss black roof accents the black hood fairly nicely, since they're both glossy finishes/surfaces. This is another good example of how a black roof looks like on a darker colored car such as this blue.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Been playing catch up in trying to post pictures of all of the previous cars that I have done. I am just going to jump ahead a bit and start posting pictures of more recent cars that I have done. More recent as in a couple of weeks instead of a couple of months or even a year ago, haha.

Either way, here is a gray/graphite colored Mercedes Benz C300 that I vinyl wrapped the factory chrome window trim with my matte black finish vinyl material. We went with the matte black on this car instead of the gloss black vinyl so that the it blended in with the rubber/weather stripping around the car. The owner of this car was from around Red Lands I believe and came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to have me vinyl his car.

As a note, any other vinyl on the car was not done by me.

Before:

After:

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Thanks

Here is a white BMW E93 M3 convertible that I vinyl wrapped the chrome window trim to give it the shadowline/blacked out look. Convertibles are a bit more tedious to do since there are so many separate pieces, but it's doable. We went with the matte black to give it a more subtle look and blend in with the rubber weather pieces that are around the window trim pieces. I believe the owner of this car was either around in Orange County or near the Los Angeles area and he came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. It was a pretty new car. Still had the red striped Euro plate on it.

Before:

After:

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I have to apologize beforehand. I did get a bit carried away with how many pictures I took of this white BMW 1 series. The owner of this car was from around the Los Angeles area and came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. He originally was only going to get the roof of his white 135i wrapped in my gloss black vinyl material. However, once there and having the roof done, he decided to also tint/smoke out the tail lights on his 135i as well, to compliment the black roof.

I tried to take slightly more detailed pictures this time around, as by request, to show the edges of the roof, etc. I think that the tint/smoke shade that I used on the back tail lights give it a nice cherry red color without being too dark and completely blacking out the tail lights.

Let me know what you guys think.

Before:

During:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is a gray E46 M3 that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material. Went with the gloss black to give it that more factory look, to simulate somewhat of a CSL look, even though the CSL had a real CF roof. The owner of this car was also in Orange County as well.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Haven't had much of a chance to post pictures in a while, but finally getting some time to do so again.

Here's a black Mercedes Benz C300 that came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have his window trim vinyl wrapped in matte black. We blacked out the chrome on his car. Unlike BMWs, the Mercedes does not have the shadowline/black trim option.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I don't normally post pictures of kind of off/side projects that aren't from the normal roof, window trim, etc. However, I figure I'll start posting them more since I've had quite a few requests or people ask me about this.

Here's a SC400 that I vinyl wrapped the lower lip on the bumper in the 3M 1080 glossy carbon fiber vinyl material. The lip was fairly damaged, hence the crack which you can clearly see through the material and some other small chips along the bottom edge of the lip. I do not usually wrap lips, since they require a seam line in the middle, due to the lengths that lips usually are (~7'-8'). In the picture taken front on, you can see the small seam line a couple of inches to the left of the crack. To some that may be acceptable, while to others it may be something they'll always see/notice. Hopefully this will give you guys somewhat of a better idea of how it'll work/look.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
It's not often I get bigger bodied cars like this E65 745il come by to have vinyl work done on their cars. However, the owner of this car contacted me to see if I could black out the chrome on his window trim, to give it the shadowline look. We ended up going with the matte black finish over the gloss black finish so that it'd match the rubber around the windows and the already matte door pillar pieces. The owner of this car was from Los Angeles area and drove out to me in Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Here is a black Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG that came by to have me vinyl wrap his chrome window trim in my matte black vinyl material to black it out. The owner of this car was also from Irvine/South Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to have the vinyl work done. I think the matte black still goes fairly well on the black car, since the trim does not just blend in with the rest of the car, but still accents the trim pieces nicely.

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is something different than what you guys are used to seeing me post. I vinyl wrapped the center/raised portion of the hood on this white BMW E92 M3 with my matte black vinyl material. Of course, the roof on this car was already carbon fiber, so I did not have to do anything with that. However, the owner of this car wanted to give it a more aggressive look without it being permanent and no other vinyl shops were willing to do this on his car. Luckily he found me, and I've done this for several cars in the past before, so it wasn't a problem. Owner of this car was from around south Orange County and came over to me in Anaheim Hills.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this car came out to me in Orange County from around Los Angeles somewhere to get the roof of his silver 350z wrapped in my gloss black vinyl material.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Usually when I black out window trim it is because they are chrome/brushed aluminum, but in this case, the originally black window trim on this car had just faded to a copperish metal hue. So what I did was just applied some of my gloss black vinyl material onto the lower window trim pieces and on the small rear quarter window vertical pillar that had also faded.

If there is enough interest in this, I can set up a group buy type of deal for it and have a group of you guys come by in on an assigned day to all get it done.

Before:

During (only the lower rear door trim piece is covered in the gloss black vinyl in these pictures):

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I've had quite a few requests for tinting tail lights recently, so I decided to post up some more pictures of them for you guys. The owner of this car was actually a firefighter at a station local/right down the street from me in Irvine, so I dropped by there to tint/smoke the tail lights and the top portion of the headlights on his black E60 550i.

Tinted/smoked left side, stock/untinted right side:

Both sides tinted:

Top portion of the headlights tinted/smoked:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I worked on this black Bentley GT Continental coupe a while back. He brought his car by to have me black out the chrome window trim on his car. Originally he was going to go with gloss black, but once he got here we decided to go with the matte black to still give the covered pieces some contrast with the rest of the car. Also wrapped the chrome accents that were along the bottom of the car and his door handles. He was around Mission Viejo or so and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
One of my previous customers that had me vinyl wrap the roof on his 335i E92 sold his car and got a new car. He purchased the new limited edition matte black C63 coupe from Mercedes. Everything looked good on the car, except for the chrome window trim that blatantly stood out, especially against the matte black paint on the rest of the car. It's not often that I get a matte black car that comes in to have their window trim vinyl wrapped. He decided to go with gloss black for the window trim, to give it some contrast still, and I think it turned out great.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I'll try and change things up a bit here. Here's a silver Honda Civic that came by to get his roof wrapped in my matte black vinyl material versus gloss black which most people usually go with. This will help others who have a silver car or a glass sunroof and want to see what a matte black vinyled roof would look like on their car and how it contrasts, etc. The owner of this car was from Irvine/Orange County as well.

Before:

After:

Blacked out the chrome trunk handle piece on the rear:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Trying to gauge if there is any interest in this flat black vinyl finish. I haven't posted pictures of this finish/material before, but I recently had a someone ask if I had something that was flatter than my matte black vinyl material. So, who's interested?

Flat black is on the left and matte black is on the right:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I've been running a special on the 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber vinyl wraps and the owner of this silver ISF drove up from San Diego to me in Orange County to have it done. This is the matte carbon fiber finish. I wrapped both his roof and his side door pillars with the 3M di noc material. I thought it looked great against the silver paint/color of the car. The cf pattern really gave this ISF a more aggressive presence. It also matched the darker wheels fairly well also.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Nothing fancy this time around. I vinyl wrapped the trunk handle, which was the last piece of chrome that was on this sapphire black 550 GT. The owner of this car was in Irvine as well. This will help out those who've asked me what my gloss black vinyl material looks like against metallic black paint/finishes. There's still a slight contrast to it, which I think is cool, so it still accents the trim pieces on the car a bit versus just blending in completely.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Even though I mainly specialize in European cars, interestingly enough, I have still had quite a few of these new Kia Optimas come by to get work done on their cars. I had this customer e-mail me to see if I could vinyl wrap the roof of his white Kia Optima with my gloss black vinyl material to give the roof that panoramic roof look/effect. Even though the roof of this car protruded outwards in the middle, unlike most cars, I was still able to wrap the roof without any issues.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I vinyl wrapped the roof of this brand new white Mercedes-benz C250 with my gloss black vinyl material. The owner of this car was from around the Los Angeles/Torrance area and drove out to me in Orange County to have his roof done. It's always fun seeing new car models/face lifts come out and come by to get some vinyl work done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Did this one probably a year ago, but just realized that I never posted pictures of it. It is a black G37 sedan that I vinyl wrapped the roof in the 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber finish. It's not often that I get black cars coming by to get their roofs wrapped, so this is good for those out there who have darker colored cars or black cars to get an idea of how the carbon fiber would look on your roofs. It gives it a nice contrast. From far away it looks flat-ish, but once you get up closer, you start seeing the design and carbon fiber weave pattern. The owner of this car was from around south Orange County I believe.

Remember, I am having a discounted special on all 3M dinoc carbon fiber installs right now as well. So hit me up if you're interested. Now's a good time to get it done.

-Dom

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this silver Corvette contacted me to see if I could vinyl wrap his T-top and roll hoop with my matte black vinyl material/finish. I don't get too many domestic cars coming by to get vinyl work done, so this was a nice change of pace. I personally think that the matte black top gave this car a clean look but also a more aggressive stance at the same time. Almost even made the car look longer, because the black was continuous from the front of the windshield to the back of the trunk/rear window now. The owner of this car was around south Orange County and came over to me to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Here is a silver TL type S that came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. He drove out from around the Inland Empire/Riverside area to me in Orange County to have it done. I really liked the way the roof turned out/looked on this car. A gloss black roof on a silver car gives the car a very clean, simple, and elegant look.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**