CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Stickey please: List of How to and Helpful maintenance and upgrade videos/guides.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
550HP+ ///AMG CL55 Kompressor, Ducati 916bp, Yamaha R1 WSBK replica
Stickey please: List of How to and Helpful maintenance and upgrade videos/guides.

I wanted to create a knowledge base for the w215, so people can easily find the procedures for common maintenance and upgrades , so these are what I made. I hope you find the info helpful.

**These procedures were filmed / written up while being performed on my CL55 Kompressor. Most of these guides will apply to all w215 models, but double check your application to be sure. For example you do have to bleed the intercooler circuit on the V12 turbo motor, whereas you do not on the V8 Supercharged..

I really appreciate the comments..And of course, feel free to ask questions..

How to change your fuel filter *video* -

How to: Change your spark plugs *Video* with part numbers/tools list, etc -

How To: (Video) Replace / upgrade your Intercooler pump, with Bosch part numbers. -

How To: (Video) Change BOTH your belts AND Upgrade the idler PULLIES + S/C TENSIONER -

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-...uid-level.html

How to make an inexpensive, high perf. 3" intake setup

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-...t-filters.html

Make your exhaust sound amazing for less then $100 *Video* Resonator delete done, BEST MOD YET! All Info and install inside-

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-...ing-links.html

And the effect of lowering.. https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-...mods-done.html

-10ºc Cooling system mod.. Best way to reduce engine temps... For $30!!! A MUST DO MOD!

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-...-response.html

Guides coming soon from me:
-Changing your brake pads...

-Porting throttle body shaft...

Last edited by awiner; 10-12-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
how to get rid of annoying red abc lamp for those who are looking to convert their suspension like i did, save a few hundred rather than spending money on module from strutmasters

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-...ion-lamps.html
Old 11-22-2013, 12:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
CL600
To mods:

This is the link for the repair/cleaning of the ABC valve block

The following 2 users liked this post by duhdenmark:
ducati9000 (12-14-2018), Romeo4 (10-26-2021)
Old 11-22-2013, 12:57 PM

CL600
Link for a german highly specialized ABC shop, they have even developed their own special magnetic filter for the abc system

http://www.exclusiv-automobile.de/ww...tartseite.html
Old 10-09-2014, 09:26 AM
4me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 GL450, 00 S500, 03 CL500
How about what to look for before buying?

I got the bug! I want one. The right one...

I am contemplating buying a 2003 cl500 with 115000 miles. The car is very clean. Owner just had to do a new shifter. Cost him $1,200. Says thats why he is selling it. Too expensive for him to keep up. Say nothing is wrong now. While inspecting the car I made some odd observations. I noticed that while in park and after idling for 10 minutes the car will lower and raise on it own a few times. Owner says it has always done that. He has owned it for a little over a year. Is that normal?
I also noticed that the car was warm when I got there, like it had been run earlier (cold start or code light issues?). Only mention it because it was in the garage and suppose to not have insurance right now so went on a limited test drive.
Rode excellent. I think I'm in love. Want to go back and check again. Plan to tell him that I noticed the car had been warmed up last time. I want to see it cold. What could he be trying to hide and what do I look for? Should I just walk away. Did I mention it's only $7,000!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:37 AM

CL600
The car is not supposed to lower and rise itself during idling. I think there is something brewing i the ABC system. If you are not a DIY then this is not the car for you. If you are a DIY then go for it, I am doing all my repairs myself and its pretty easy (even the fabled ABC system) however if you cannot do repairs yourself then walk away, this is a very expensive car to maintain if you have to take it to a workshop to get something fixed.

David
The following users liked this post:
JHouse (10-10-2017)
Old 10-09-2014, 12:23 PM
4me

09 GL450, 00 S500, 03 CL500
Thanks... I am a DIY Guy... Can I get a code reader and or programmer cheap? I heard you need the MB computer? Someone has to have adapted a program for a notebook or snap on unit? How to videos like yours are fantastic. I recently did my gl450 struts and bags with the help of Arnott and their install video.

Should I be concerned with miles?
Old 10-10-2014, 02:09 AM

CL600
Originally Posted by 4me
Thanks... I am a DIY Guy... Can I get a code reader and or programmer cheap? I heard you need the MB computer? Someone has to have adapted a program for a notebook or snap on unit? How to videos like yours are fantastic. I recently did my gl450 struts and bags with the help of Arnott and their install video.

Should I be concerned with miles?
I cannot take the credit for that excellent video, somebody else made that!

A cheap regular OBD2 will not read the ABC system, so you need something better like a Carsoft. I am using that program.

However for more complicated procedures like rodeo you need a Star system. Do a search for STAR C4 or STAR C4 on google and you will get lots of hits.

I bought a 132.000 miles car with lots of abc and electrical problems. It is working fine now, with only minimal spending on mostly used parts. A good code scanner will tell you which part is failing.

First thing to do is change your ABC oil and filters. I recommend changing the two large gas inflated ABC containers. One behind the driver side inner fender and rear right side just around the right rear exhaust backboks.

I would not be worried about a high mile CL even with troubles if you are a decent DIY.

David

Last edited by duhdenmark; 10-10-2014 at 02:16 AM.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:11 PM

G55

Old 12-05-2020, 06:51 PM
SPONSOR

Received 777 Likes on 603 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM