CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

cl55 door wiring harness - w215 2003

Old 09-22-2013, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55K Black
cl55 door wiring harness - w215 2003

Hi,

I am suffering from faulty wiring in the door hinge which I am in the process of fixing however I have two questions for anyone in the know / that has done it before:-

1) The airbags. Not wishing to blow my face off - is it safe to splice and extend the SRS wiring to the door side airbag / is there any chance of setting it off during the splicing?

2) If the window doesnt go fully up on shutting the door /locking is it likely the box of tricks in the door has been damaged by funky currents and shorts?

3) I was an idiot during the initial splice and while carefully colour coded my extension wire I failed to realise there were three identical brown and two identical grey with black stripe wires in one of the slimer cable groups. They appear to be two constant lives and three earths. Without having to trace all the way under the seat and to the mid car fuse box can anyone confirm they are interchangeable as there only appears to be one fuse for the right seat controls and it appears to kill power to both grey wires?

many thanks

Last edited by mememan; 09-22-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CL55 AMG
1) Not sure about that one. Probably better to be safe than sorry and disconnect the battery.
2) Whenever power has been lost to the vehicle, you need to reset the windows. A quick search here should give you the directions.
3) If a single fuse provides power to two separate wires then it's possible that they are interchangeable. They're certainly part of the same circuit.
The following users liked this post:
booesq (11-10-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 12:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1985 300D Turbo, 1985 500SEC, 1994 320e, 2003 CL600
3) I was an idiot during the initial splice and while carefully colour coded my extension wire I failed to realise there were three identical brown and two identical grey with black stripe wires in one of the slimer cable groups. They appear to be two constant lives and three earths. Without having to trace all the way under the seat and to the mid car fuse box can anyone confirm they are interchangeable as there only appears to be one fuse for the right seat controls and it appears to kill power to both grey wires?

I made the same mistake. Did you ever find out if this was an issue?