CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Aux Port

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CL65
Aux Port

Hey guys.. I have done some searching but have not been able to find a lot of info other than that some from 03+ came with the aux port.. In my 2005 CL65 all I had was a plastic cover in the glove box. I poped it out and all that was there were the cuts for the cover to stay in.. I have also heard that some people have added this after the fact by attaching to the factor harness.. If this is possible can someone explain where I make the connection and also where the cable can be purchased? I dont drive the car much but would like the ability to plug in my ipod or phone to listen to music.. I may be able to survive with the factory 6 cd changer or I will just upgrade the entire system (although since it is factory nav I would prefer to leave it in even though the maps are outdated)..

Thanks guys
Old 04-20-2014, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CL500; 2006 CL500
There are only 3 solutions I know of.. and I have been looking constantly for the last 2 years. From all the people I've talked with..
1) Denison Gateway 500
There are 2 versions that work for 2005-6 CLs, with/without Bluetooth. According to the installers I've talked with, this is the best solution. About $450 plus install. I'm having this done in a few weeks for my 2006 cl500
2) MOSTAUX-MB
Relatively new product that just adds an AUX/RCA port by replacing CD drive input, $350.
Supposedly a simpler install with lower price and you have to push a button to switch between normal COMAND functions or the AUX port.
3) Numerous FM modulators and Ipod interfaces that direct connect to the antenna input on the COMAND head unit.
4) Off-the-shelf FM modulators.. the window coatings on our cars 'bounce' the signal in the cabin so the antenna pick-up sucks..

Head unit upgrade is at least $1000 or more for just the install depending on if you use the internal amps or not. I plan on posting on my Gateway 500 install later this month..