CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Navigation and carphone questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
Navigation and carphone questions

Got the 2001 CL500 on the road. It needed (2) tie rod ends, a motor mount, (2) O2 sensors and several bulbs. The only bulb I didn't fix was the turn signal in the drivers side mirror. Seems the only way to go OEM is to change the whole cover but that looks to be $300-400 all in. Debating on going the Chinese LED replacement but I read mixed reviews on these. Any opinions?

Anyway, my NAV and phone questions are; Where can I get a current NAV disk and is there any way to adapt the car-phone system to work with a current iPhone 5? (I have the original Motorola flip phone in the console)!

Thanks,

Tom
Old 08-27-2014, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
nav disk at dealer, or e-bay. i don't think your car is compatible with the new systems. my feeling is the car has to be 2004, or newer, but i've been known to be wrong. others please chime in.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
iphone integration 2001 CL500

Guys,

I've researched the forum and read through a lot of info on iPhone integration. There is a lot of info that goes back 4-5 years (a long time in the tech world) but still nothing current that seems like an elegant fix.

The bluetooth conversion would get decent phone integration (~$600) and

The Dension conversion (~$300) would get digital music but (as I understand it) would necessitate disconnecting the 6 CD changer.

Has anyone found a better solution?

I'd like to have the integrated phone but $600 is steep.

The iphone/music is less important and I wouldn't want to disconnect the cd changer.

And part of it is I'd like to get functionality out of all the factory options (including the NAV) but with updated technology.

In other words There's better music/NAV/phone technology in the iPhone and I'd love to integrate it into the car.

Thanks if you have any updates!

Tom

https://mbworld.org/forums/images/smilies/naughty.gif