CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

No-Start, Display Error, ESP Error- Please Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W215 CL600, W220 S430
Unhappy No-Start, Display Error, ESP Error- Please Help!

I purchased a near-mint 2003 CL 600 with less than 52k miles a few weeks ago, and ran into a confounding problem just days ago. Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Under normal driving conditions, the car entered 'limp mode,' with irregular rev timing- Check Engine Light and all. I quickly pulled off to park it, restarting it replicated the same errors. After leaving it for an hour, it started again on only 6 cylinders. It got me home safely on 6 cylinders (great mileage!) but would not start again after parking in front of my house. I get the following errors upon attempting ignition: ESP Malfunction See Workshop and Display Malfunction See workshop. I am only able to get the time and mileage on the vehicle with no other information. Plugging in my code-reader did not yield any codes or information. I volt-checked the battery, it was reading at approximately 11. I replaced the battery with a new AGM and, though the voltage was fixed, the errors remain.

I am confounded as to what the problem may be. My research through my usual channels have not yielded any similar issues or avenues to pursue. I was wondering if there are any known factory recalls or similar malfunctions that could be affecting the CL.