CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Car cover Recommendations & Navigation Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl500
Car cover Recommendations & Navigation Upgrade

Hello all you experts I am fairly new to the Benz world as I bought a Beautiful CL500 2004 Blk on Blk This Summer 60k Mint

The car is stored in the Garage for the winter Looking at the many Car Cover companies out there very difficult to tell Quality on Line Any recommendations for a top quality Indoor Cover.

Also have any of you Upgraded the stock Radio/ Navigation system with something newer more current technology Blue tooth etc. How difficult is it I saw on You Tube a Company In California do a upgrade on a 2005 a few yrs back, How about getting the front face plates, Trim Bezels, I want it to look like it belongs.

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 12-16-2014, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
For indoor storage I like a clear plastic cover so you can still see the car -they are like $10 see eBay item

but if humidity is an issue don't use plastic , use a poly cotton cover that breathes
Old 12-26-2014, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w215 CL500
I wouldn't be able to comment on the difficulty a DIY on the navigation upgrade but I had mine upgraded by a local shop about 4-5 months ago and am very satisfied with the results ill make a post once I have more time just haven't had any for a while now, to answer some of your questions I got a bezzal from ebay for $99 and the new head unit sits nicely and looks like it belongs there, I went with the black bezzal there was a wood trim but didn't seem to match in the pictures. In the end I spent nearly 1500 for the upgrade but was well worth it in my opinion but for me my amp had blown for a second time. Also with the new system and a rockford fosgate amp in the back i feel my speaker sound quality has improved as well as the bass. Best of luck.