instrument cluster lights constantly on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
instrument cluster lights constantly on

Hi All!

I'm having issues with my instrument cluster lights. I have a 2002 CL500 and until yesterday the instrument cluster operated normally - shutting off when the headlights were switched off. Last night the instrument cluster remained on and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get them to act normally again. I've tried fishing around in the settings menu without success, I've checked the owners manual and that wasn't helpful either. I've tried using the dimmer knob and searching our forum for options but I'm not having much luck. Does anyone have any ideas on correcting the issue?

UPDATE: (1:56 p.m.) Okay, so someone suggested that I remove fuses 20, 21, and 22 and reinsert them in an attempt to reboot the cluster. As you might have already guessed, that didn't work. I played around with resetting the factory settings and turned the car on and off a few times and the instrument cluster appears to be working normally again. However, my courtesy lights (overhead and in the doors) no longer light up when I open the doors or lock/unlock the car. The interior lights do work manually though. I tried following the directions in the manual and positioned the rocker button to the neutral position but that didn't work. Any suggestions on restoring the auto function?