need help with command system please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
need help with command system please

hi to all
my head unit shut down by it self and every time i push the power button it start and give me system unavailable ?? and shut down i tried to bypass the system with ( fiber optic ring ) and still the same tried to bypass the amp,getaway,CD changer , and navi and still the same tried the teldaid and still the same
i take it to a shop and diagnostic with SDS everything work ? the tech told me the system needed update ?
then i take it to the stealer and after diagnostic they called me and told me the head unit shut and i need new head unit 5800$ WTF
is there is any other way to find out with wrong with it ? and the cheapest one i fund is 700$ eBay
so if the head unit shut can i do upgrade and go after market
i can rewire the system from the trunk
what amp i need and how many channel and what ohm i need
with the best upgrade for that car i am trying to keep the original speakers and add sub with amp
friend told me i need
2 amp
double din head unit sub and rewire the system
my car is
2004 cl500 w215 with boss system
please advice me

thanks
ryan
Old 05-06-2015, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
If you bypass the factory Amps and run new speaker wire directly to all the speakers , any aftermarket head unit will work

You have a choice of using the head unit small internal amp or a larger external amp. You'll need to run new wires directly from the head unit or external amp to the Bose speakers to bypass their own factory amps. A good stereo shop can do this fairly cheap

You can also try to use one of the expensive interfaces that let you keep the factory amps when using an aftermarket head unit , but if there's a problem with the optical ring or factory amps they might not work .
Old 05-06-2015, 06:11 PM

CL500
thanks for the info i will replace everything except the speaker and i will add sub i will run new wires from the speaker wires that plugs to the factory amp to new amp and new head unit
i don't have to deal with factory amp and fiber optic ring
thank you
Old 06-15-2015, 01:54 AM

CL500
I had the Same issue a few weeks ago it turned out to be squeezed wires in the trunk where the cd changer and navi! what i did is i took everything out and re installed them making sure all wires are clear.

im running my after market amp and sub from the rear old BOSE sub sounds great and upgrade just the 6.5 speakers in the front to infinity