CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

A/C Questions Its hot Need help!!!!!

Old 07-26-2015, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl500
A/C Questions Its hot Need help!!!!!

Ok I posted a battery question earlier, I think I finally got enough charge in the battery,

MY A/C was working perfect before winter storage , Now that I got the car started and moving, MY A/C is not cooling. The Immediate problem is There is the A/C Off button on the passenger side control area, it is Illuminated. I read in the manual it is for Economy mode and it wont cool if the red Light is lit up which it is, The problem is when I hit the button to shut it off, Nothing is happening it stays lit up and activated I assume.

Is there anything I need to do to reset the system since the battery was completely dead, Could it now be a blown fuse ???? Im thinking simple like normal cars not a MERC... All other buttons and controls for air handling seem to be working fine.

Any thoughts

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl500
Fixed it

I found this thread and this worked. I got a 1256 error code but was able to clear it and things are cool. Hope I dont have any more problems.

Thanks to all this site has been very helpful

Originally Posted by hedalan View Post
Thank you for the info posted on this site - I was able to fix an Air Conditioning problem by reading the conversations related to someone else's issue - my "AC off" button (red light) would not turn off and the compressor would not engage so there was no cold air. By setting the left temp to "HI" and the right setting to "LO" and then hold down "REST" and the "Charcoal Filter" button down at the same time for approx 5 seconds, I was able to see 3 error codes (toggle the error code by using the right temp setting button). Once I pushed the two round "Auto" buttons (this button also changes the air flow positions) - by doing that it reset the codes and my AC started to operate normally - I think the problem started when a radiator hose popped and an auto shop replaced it. This was in the winter so I didn't notice the light on for 3 weeks and I think they may have unplugged something and created a problem. Now one of two things will happen, this will continue to work and life goes on or the light will come on again and I will now know the problem is its not with the controller (that MB dealer told it was - $1000 repair). Now I will be able to research the error code my self and be an educated consumer.
Does anyone know where I could find the error code list?
1458 = Right Foot Well Flap Actuator
1464 = Right Center Flap Actuator
1256 = Evaporator Temp Sensor Front
The following users liked this post:
booesq (11-04-2016)
Old 07-27-2015, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
This could be caused by a few issues, mostly sensors.

When this EXACT thing happened to me it was the sensor located behind the center AC vent that needed to be replaced.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1985 300D Turbo, 1985 500SEC, 1994 320e, 2003 CL600
Originally Posted by baja370
I found this thread and this worked. I got a 1256 error code but was able to clear it and things are cool. Hope I dont have any more problems.

Thanks to all this site has been very helpful

Originally Posted by hedalan View Post
Thank you for the info posted on this site - I was able to fix an Air Conditioning problem by reading the conversations related to someone else's issue - my "AC off" button (red light) would not turn off and the compressor would not engage so there was no cold air. By setting the left temp to "HI" and the right setting to "LO" and then hold down "REST" and the "Charcoal Filter" button down at the same time for approx 5 seconds, I was able to see 3 error codes (toggle the error code by using the right temp setting button). Once I pushed the two round "Auto" buttons (this button also changes the air flow positions) - by doing that it reset the codes and my AC started to operate normally - I think the problem started when a radiator hose popped and an auto shop replaced it. This was in the winter so I didn't notice the light on for 3 weeks and I think they may have unplugged something and created a problem. Now one of two things will happen, this will continue to work and life goes on or the light will come on again and I will now know the problem is its not with the controller (that MB dealer told it was - $1000 repair). Now I will be able to research the error code my self and be an educated consumer.
Does anyone know where I could find the error code list?
1458 = Right Foot Well Flap Actuator
1464 = Right Center Flap Actuator
1256 = Evaporator Temp Sensor Front
Haven't found error codes list but will try looking this weekend. Wanted to say thanks for this post. Worked like a charm
Old 11-05-2016, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
more great info. i had a problem with a/c and the reset worked for me.