CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Strutmasters Suspension Replacement For ABC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550 2008
Strutmasters Suspension Replacement For ABC

Hey guys my abc pump is gone and i dont want to throw anymore money into my cl, planning on getting the strutmasters kit to replace the ABC suspension. my main question is the ride height.. how will it sit after the install, i like my cars lowered, is there anyway to lower the strutmasters before install like cut part of the coilover or something... can some of you guys that have already done the switch from ABC to strutmasters show me pictures of how your ride sits, and is it possible to lower those?? thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Strutmasters Suspension Replacement For ABC-img_0235.jpg  
Old 10-03-2015, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Rebuilt abc pumps are cheap now - less than $300 at rock auto and $400 Napa auto parts
Old 10-03-2015, 09:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 CL55
It's hard as hell to get people to post a picture of their cars post conversion. Maybe they think it's equivalent to taking the walk of shame past roommates after a one night stand. I don't get it. The few, and I mean maybe 3 pics I've seen of post conversion CL's the ride height has been mostly the same as stock although one guy complained the front seemed higher but that was right after taking down off the jacks. New springs have to settle a little. Haven't heard a word since. As far as I know they're are no lowering options with Strutmasters and cutting the springs is probably not the best idea. Good luck to ya.
Reman'd pumps are not that expensive so that's still an option.