CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Need Help , Funny Electrical Problems & SRS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl500
Need Help , Funny Electrical Problems & SRS

Hello all, I have tried reading through a lot of threads. Here is what I got.

I have a 2004 cl500 New to Me last Year 65K miles love the car. Actually bought it for my wife as a surprise. I left the keys in the car the other night not sure if I left a light on or something else. Next morning Battery was completely dead, Put a jump box on it got it started let it run for a while in driveway. Drove it that night, The SRS light came on and also got a teleaide/sos error on the display, Neither went away, but also the power door locks stopped working from the key Fob as well as the lock/unlock buttons in the car stopped working, also the rear window shade stopped working. I haven't gone through every button or switch, I feel all has to be related to the battery going dead . since all of these things showed up at once ???

Any Thoughts or suggestions. I have not looked at any fuses I have read the SRS light I might have to get reset at the dealer.

When sitting in the car and I hit the power door lock button I do hear a hum sound or power sound not sure if that means anything.

I put a charger on the battery today to try and charge the battery more. By the way it is a brand new battery 2 months old

Ill try anything before getting raked over the register at the dealer.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Yes you need to fully charge the battery
Then if there are any lingering errors do the resets mentioned here

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...ml#post4785770
Old 10-04-2015, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl500
Originally Posted by tusabes
Yes you need to fully charge the battery
Then if there are any lingering errors do the resets mentioned here

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...ml#post4785770
A small Update I pulled a few fuses no Luck, now the back headrests wont operate up or down, I found the PSE pump and when I hit the key fob button to lock or unlock I hear the pump running according to when I hit the buttons but nothing happens with thr lock, the LED on the Lock button is now flashing

any thoughts I can't find anything on the reset for the locks, can you guide me a little more

Thanks