03 CL600 Lights coming on after mechanic but no problems noted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL600
03 CL600 Lights coming on after mechanic but no problems noted

Hello all,

Bit of a weird issue here, hoping someone can tell me if they've seen it before and if anything really should be done to the car.

I took in my 2003 CL600 to a mechanic here in SF this week to get a few minor things fixed that were bugging me (broken seat compartment, loose mirror, etc.) When I got it back, it said the left reflector was out. However, I stopped the car and it wasn't. Turned it off and back on, and no more warning. Then, driving down Market, two warnings came up - ESP Malfunction and BAC Malfunction. Stopped at a red light and turned it off and on again, and no more warnings.

Is this common? They probably did diagnostics on it and checked the electronics - could that have reset the battery or something and caused these sensors to tell me about issues that didn't really exist?

Car feels exactly the same as before I took it to the mechanic. Maybe a bit of an overzealous post but I've had very good luck with this car so far mechanically and don't want to overlook anything.

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2015, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Esp and bas are common errors after work on the car

To reset turn the car on and leave running in park. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the right and left twice . This should reset it
Old 12-16-2015, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL600
@tusabes Thanks, I haven't seen the errors come up since posting but will do this anyway tomorrow.