CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Different ABC issue

Old 03-24-2016, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cl500
Different ABC issue

Hello. Month ago i've bought cl500 2001. I was aware about ABC problems but i thought i can manage it. The car was slighty hit on the front and front of the car was laying on the road. I replace pump and its go up but after i had another problem with Y36/2y4 rear strut locking valve. So i check electrical instalation and some idiot wired 2 valves on one wire. I sort it out but nothing changes there still was problem C1350-001. After i checked al the wires and voltages according to DAS i decide to change ABC module control. I did it today and car goes up on all wheels ...but another problem has come. left side of the car is standing up on the same level all the time and right is going up&down when i hit button for abc. I try rodeo and it same only right side. only errror what i've got on star diagnosis is C1525-016 calibration faild. i have done plunger calibration and it's done correctly. Have no clue why left side not responding on button or when i try calibrate by SD its not moving at all. Another abc module is bad? plunger height of the left front and rear shows me 0.0mm. Left rear car level sensor shows me voltage above 3.0v. Please any one had similar problem?
Old 03-27-2016, 04:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 328 Likes on 265 Posts
2006 S600
I think you would be the first one.

Try disconnecting the RHS level sensor and strut top connectors, and see if detects the faults.

Nick
Old 03-27-2016, 07:14 AM

Cl500
Thank you for answer. When i disconnect strut sensor star diagnosis showed me error and value 255. its also shows me error on RHS when i dissconect it. but one height sensor on left side shows me bad voltage its more than it should be. I have ordered new one anb maybe thats the issue. I have tried to lowered oil in both left struts and its go down and show me some other values on sd instead of 0mm so probably struts are ok from electronic side. I will get new sensor in tuesday so i will check is it help. If not i dont know where to look next. Maybe i will switch strut from right to left and will see is something change. Regards
Old 03-27-2016, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 S600
Originally Posted by beniamin
Maybe i will switch strut from right to left and will see is something change. Regards
That's a good idea, but hard work.

The struts themselves are the same, but they have different part numbers because the hydraulic pipes are different shapes. If you take the pipes off you can interchange them, but the nuts are difficult.

Are you planning to just make the electrical connection, and not the hydraulics?

Nick
Old 03-27-2016, 03:20 PM

Cl500
Originally Posted by Welwynnick

The struts themselves are the same, but they have different part numbers because the hydraulic pipes are different shapes. If you take the pipes off you can interchange them, but the nuts are difficult.

Are you planning to just make the electrical connection, and not the hydraulics?

Nick
I already have hard work with that car but is on my wish. I think I will try to do swap only with electrical connection or maybe I will have one strut from my friend. If not I will have to sort it out something.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
Originally Posted by Welwynnick

Nick
nick, great info. i was going to ask about the interchanging of struts but you answered my question. any tricks to taking the hydraulic pipes off and interchanging them?
thanks
Old 03-28-2016, 04:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 S600
I had a lot of difficulty with that. What I did was abuse all my adjustable tools, and by luck I was able to get them off, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it to work next time.

The best approach is probably to find a lambda sensor socket, or fuel injector socket of the right size, and cut it with an angle grinder to make it fit.

Nick
Old 03-29-2016, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
nick what you suggested is above my pay grade. i was wondering if cutting the steel pipes and using compression fittings on a flexible high pressure hose would work. also was thinking that maybe lock tight was used on the fitting and if heat might help to unscrew the piping? thoughts?
Old 03-29-2016, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 S600
If I understand you right, that's what I described doing in my ABC suspension thread - post 30 onwards.

I don't think Loctite was used on the hydraulic connector, its just tight.

Nick
Old 04-01-2016, 03:14 PM

Cl500
Ok guys you've change subject. I have sort it out my problem. If any one curious i had clean and replce front valve seals. Car probably was standing long time in one position and valves sticks or jammed. Becaue my abc control module was bad i have to do calibration for height. Is there any one good way to do it?