CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Convertion from ABC to coil overs and how to delete ABC fault codes that will appear?

Old 06-26-2016, 10:59 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
350 SL, R230 - 300 SL, R129 - 1964 Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe - Porsche 911 Twin Turbo (sold)
Convertion from ABC to coil overs and how to delete ABC fault codes that will appear?

I wonder if any here have converted to coil overs with front and rear sway bar?

My main question is how do you delete the fault codes that will show after the coil overs convertion?
Do you delete the fault codes using MB Star Diagnostic or in worse case do you have to live with the fault codes?

I justa read about and watched a youtube film about the Strutmasters coil over kit with the light fix module so is the light fix module the part that disables any ABC fault codes?

Last edited by TheSaint; 06-26-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
Originally Posted by TheSaint
I wonder if any here have converted to coil overs with front and rear sway bar?

My main question is how do you delete the fault codes that will show after the coil overs convertion?
Do you delete the fault codes using MB Star Diagnostic or in worse case do you have to live with the fault codes?

I justa read about and watched a youtube film about the Strutmasters coil over kit with the light fix module so is the light fix module the part that disables any ABC fault codes?

Just remove the ABC Control board from the CANBUS. Alternatively, you could pull out all the ABC related fuses. You will still have a white warning every time you start up but you could scroll past it easily
Old 07-30-2016, 06:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
Originally Posted by Tasnik Khan
Just remove the ABC Control board from the CANBUS. Alternatively, you could pull out all the ABC related fuses. You will still have a white warning every time you start up but you could scroll past it easily
any input on how this is done? i have a star system if that's required, but i need the full procedure.
thanks
Old 07-30-2016, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
If you have a STAR system then I have heard that you can program the car's internal computer to behave like it's an SL350 and apparently that allows you to code it out. Alternatively, you could ask Aarkah as he is the one who informed me about removing the ABC controller from the CANBUS. Here's the thread where I learnt that

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-...ml#post6843970

I am sorry I could not be of further assistance. If I do learn how to do it I will surely let you know.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes cl500
Does anyone know if anyone else supplies the "suspension module" cheater circuit similar to the one Strutmaster supply in their coil conversion kit ?