CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

New twist on "stuck in park"

Old 06-28-2016, 04:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
SL55, Opel GT, 70 LT-1, BMW 745 turbo, MRoadster, 49 Stude truck, 69 Z/28, Ferrari project
New twist on "stuck in park"

I haven't posted on here in a while, because frankly, Sherri's 03 CL600 has been trouble free, so we have just enjoyed driving it.

I have seen various threads about MB cars being stuck in park.

I have a similar but related issue. Lately, I notice I have to have my foot on the brake a little bit longer before I can get the shifter out of park. There is a slight delay, and unless I am imagining things, it is getting longer as time goes on.

I ASSUMED the device that removed the obstacle was vacuum operated, and maybe there was a slight leak, causing the delay. Everyone describes that device as a solenoid, which to me means it is electric. Not sure if something is just sticking, or what.

I NEVER hear the solenoid, so it is very quiet.

I plan to do an exploratory this weekend, and if need be, will defeat the interlock device by removing the plastic piece that keeps it in park.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Lynn
Old 06-28-2016, 06:07 PM

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
2018 C300
I've noticed mine can be a bit clumsy going back into park, but leaving park isn't an issue.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:23 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
SL55, Opel GT, 70 LT-1, BMW 745 turbo, MRoadster, 49 Stude truck, 69 Z/28, Ferrari project
As some of you probably guessed, the car ended up getting stuck in park permanently. Took care of it this morning. I chose to remove the little plastic piece that was breaking. Mine wasn't completely broken, but getting there. Fell apart while I was removing it.

Did find this PDF most helpful. I know it has been posted before, but won't hurt to put it out there again.

file:///C:/Users/ljbil_000/Downloads/Console%20Removal%20(1).pdf