CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

My passenger side rear window not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 09:04 AM

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
W215 CL500 2005
The regulator is not under the back seat...that is the module. So, if the dealer said regulator you have bought the wrong part. The regulator is the bit that actually lifts the window...under the glass.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:26 AM

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by renault12ts
The regulator is not under the back seat...that is the module. So, if the dealer said regulator you have bought the wrong part. The regulator is the bit that actually lifts the window...under the glass.
Exactly what he said.

The module going bad will typically result in no movement up or down from the window or windows. If your window looks to drop uncontrolled when you close the door, like the impact of door causes it to slightly move then it sounds like you have a regulator problem, if the window sounds to bind going up or abnormal problems it sounds like regulator problem.

If you want to get into it you can remove side panels and then remove the window motor from the regulator, now try and move the window up and down by hand to see if it moves freely, if you can not move it by hand with the motor removed then you clearly have a regulator problem
Old 10-21-2016, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
i agree. regulator. good info.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by knowbenz
Exactly what he said.

The module going bad will typically result in no movement up or down from the window or windows. If your window looks to drop uncontrolled when you close the door, like the impact of door causes it to slightly move then it sounds like you have a regulator problem, if the window sounds to bind going up or abnormal problems it sounds like regulator problem.

If you want to get into it you can remove side panels and then remove the window motor from the regulator, now try and move the window up and down by hand to see if it moves freely, if you can not move it by hand with the motor removed then you clearly have a regulator problem
related question - my right rear windows will go up all the way , but lowers when you open the door as designed , then doesn't go back up that quarter inch when you close the door

also my passenger front door window works but simply won't go up all the way at any time - it's always about a quarter inch down, as if it's always in the entry /exit mode

is that a module problem ?
Old 10-22-2016, 10:44 AM

Benz
Originally Posted by tusabes
related question - my right rear windows will go up all the way , but lowers when you open the door as designed , then doesn't go back up that quarter inch when you close the door

also my passenger front door window works but simply won't go up all the way at any time - it's always about a quarter inch down, as if it's always in the entry /exit mode

is that a module problem ?
Is the door contact switch properly installed and being activated? Roll the windows up as far as they go then activate switch with door open to see if they go up. If they do then the door isn't making proper contact. if it still doesn't I would be looking at actual values on the SDS making sure module shows door closed and switch being activated
Old 03-15-2018, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cl500
Right rear window not working

Hi can anyone help my 2004 CL rear right window isnt working I have checked the regulator and it works fine but the motor doesn' seem to want to move when pressing the buttons I have replaced the motor and it still doens work and I have replaced the module but still nothing.
any help would be much appreciated
Old 03-16-2018, 05:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 CL600 (W215) 2005 Mazda Rx8 Grand Touring
Have you replaced the rear window control unit under Neath the rear passenger seat?

Have you replaced the rear window control unit under Neath the rear passenger seat?
Old 03-16-2018, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cl500
Originally Posted by Jome073
I replaced the module under the rear seat
Old 03-16-2018, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 CL600 (W215) 2005 Mazda Rx8 Grand Touring
Hard reset

Did you unplug the battery for a hard reset? After you replaced the rear control module?
Old 03-17-2018, 01:50 AM

Benz
Perhaps the motor itself. Use a voltmeter and see if the module is outputting power when activating the switch. If you have power then replace the motor
Old 06-26-2018, 10:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CL55
I had this issue on my 08 CL600
I had tried swapping switches, replaced motor regulator, checked fuses and ordered a used right rear control module from Ebay ( defective )

Brought to deal for a flash upgrade, they did it and no go.

needed a new right rear control module, fixed. cost me $525 but happy door opens easily now