CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Keyless Go Chip Cards! Parts Availability!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Keyless Go Chip Cards! Parts Availability!

Hi,
Got an interesting and complicated dilemma... Who remembers the CL and Sclass chip cards?!
I sure do from back in the day!
Anyway, got a new car. No chip card with it... Option is there though (engine start button on shifter and L/UL button on door handles.) Also, msg on dash saying Chip Card not present or similar. Brand new style chrome key (the newest version of it.)
Keyless Go of course doesnt work....

Called dealer to order a new Chip card! Should be no big deal.....
They dont make the cards anymore!! Actually, called 4 dealers across my 3 states!
Same answer. No cards. Told me I was SOL basically... Lol... WTF ??

Though I know you cannot with Keys, as programmed in TX for the cars - I thought I could maybe order a used Chip card from Ebay. Asked if it could be reprogrammed, to which I was told NO...

I then asked if I could order a brand new key, and have it programmed to work with KG. The answer was NO....

Apparently Keyless Go just will never work in this car again...
So my final thought - if Star computer can disable KG feature, removing stupid dash msg reminding me of Missing Chip card... does anyone know??? They said they will investigate if I bring the car in...

Any other ideas for me????? Thanks in advance!!
Old 11-08-2016, 04:26 PM

Received 793 Likes on 616 Posts
CL
apperently you just need to buy a upgraded 2003-2006 keyless module (in the trunk)
just plug it in (it is non VIN dependent, just a transmitter) and then get a new key from mercedes with integrated keyless go

if i'm not wrong module should be A2305451232 (tons of these on ebay)

and not A2305451032 to work with keyless go integrated keys

that key costs about 275 euro from the dealer here in europe

if someone tested this, please add info and pictures. I didn't have time yet to do this

Last edited by pmercury; 11-08-2016 at 04:28 PM. Reason: forgot
Old 11-08-2016, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
I'm under the impression, from my reading and MB's WIS instructions, that a good used keyless go card can be re-programmed to work on any car. I bought one off e-bay, and have tried a bit to get it working on my CL with no luck. I did see a code for an antenna problem last time though, so I may have other issues. If I find a way to get it working, I will post up on here.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:37 PM

CL
that is the cheap way I gues
I rather spend 300 and get rid of those stupid bulky cards and get a key with integrated keyless go
Old 11-09-2016, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

@pmercury
Wow - Awesome!!
VERY informative! Thank you so much!
I will investigate this avenue - seems promising....
Your information & time is much appreciated my friend! Be well !
Old 11-10-2016, 07:37 AM

CL
the key model needed for this is
http://www.keylessremotewarehouse.co...75a_c_p386.htm

Last edited by pmercury; 11-10-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:41 PM

CL
KEY CONFIGURATIONS FOR DAS 3:
With DAS 3, there is a maximum of 24 keys per vehicle, however only 8 can be active at a time. Basically, DAS 3 has the same 8 key numbers as DAS 2, but for each key number, there are three key segments. The valid key numbers and segments are programmed into the virgin ESL, EIS and ECM using a special green-colored workshop key. As delivered, the vehicle will have two keys using key number 1, segment 1 and key number 2, segment 1 (some models were delivered with three keys, the third one using key number 3, segment number 1). When a new key is ordered, the PDC determines which key number and segment to supply based on whether the key is a replacement for a lost one or and additional spare key.

If an additional spare key is requested, then the PDC will create it as the next unused key number, segment 1. If a replacement key is requested, the technician must determine which key number was lost and order its replacement. The PDC will create the replacement with the next unused segment number for that same key number. When the replacement key is first used in the vehicle, DAS will disable the use of the key using the same key number and the previous segment. For example, if key number 2 is lost, the technician orders a replacement for key number 2 and the PDC supplies key number 2, segment 2. When this new key is used in the vehicle, this will disable key number 2, segment 1. Even if that lost key is found, it will no longer operate the vehicle. If key number 2 is lost again, the technician again orders a replacement for key number 2 and the PDC supplies key number 2, segment 3, which disables key number 2, segment number 2. If key number 2 is lost again, the PDC will supply a key with the next unused key number, segment 1, and the technician will be instructed to disable key number 2 completely using the HHT. Note that RCL functions are tied to DAS 3 so no additional programming is necessary to disable a lost key from RCL.

Updating Keyless Go Cards to SmartKey KelyessGo Keys.
For those with S-class W220 2003's who still have KeylessGO cards, the original assignments were 2 smart keys on tracks 1 and 2, and two keylessGO cards on tracks 3 and 4. IF you upgrade from cards to smart KeylessGo keys with a (used) 2004 KeylessGo Module, then the key you order will come with the next logical track that in this case will be track 5. Order another smart KeylessGO key (spare) and it will be made to track 6 unless you order it as a replacement for the cards on tracks 3 and 4. You have to specify when you order for your VIN number. In either case you have to use STAR DAS Diagnostics to assign the new KeylessGO key programmed track number to the KeylessGO module in order for KeylessGO to work. KeylessGo modules are not theft relevant parts and so a used keylessGo module can be reused in another car as a retrofit. Some MB dealers freak out trying to order a KeylessGo smart key for a VIN number that isn't suppose to have one. You just have to insist you know what you are talking about and tell them you take responsibility if it doesn't work. Well they won't let you return it anyway. IF you cannot get the key track programmed in STAR Diagnostics, send the Key back via the dealership to where it was programmed and ask to confirm what key track they programmed it to, or try different tracks for the KeylessGO module in STAR diagnostics until it works. It has to be a track between 1- 8 and more likely 3 -8. Once upgraded to smartkeyKeylessGO, the old keylessGO cards cannot be used and are useless to anyone else. So store your old cards with the original KeylessGO module as a backup for your car. It is still reversible and plug and play.

KeylessGo start authorization, once the KeylessGo Module locates the pre-assigned card or smartkey from the antennas in the doors and trunk, and reads the track number, it informs the EIS over the can bus that a engine start is permitted. So my guess is that it is the weakest point of the security since the EIS has to go through hoops to read and authorize a regular key in the ignition, but one little data stream over the can bus from the KeylessGo module is enough for all systems GO! Interesting.... Maybe it relays everything from the key to the EIS as if it were plugged into the ignition.

A FEW NOTES:
With DAS 3, virgin components (ESL, EIS and ECM) are shipped with Transport Protection. This allows these devices to function only in a limited test mode until they are authorized using the green workshop key. This would prevent stolen virgin components being used to bypass the DAS security on an existing vehicle.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Pmercury,
So... part A 230 545 12 32 is the correct part number then??

Next, RE: the key you linked. Black plastic key the car came with when new. I wanted to comment/inquire on that....

I'm close to embarking on this project myself. However, the problem I'm having with this, and, the question of the day is:

Just above you referenced PLASTIC keyless go keys. These are the black ones, which the car came with new, obviously.
You stated the Chrome KG keys are NOT usable in this arrangement. I've done lots of research lately, and that was the EXACT same answer I learned from various other sources - Chrome KG keys will not work!!

That said, let's reference the types of keys. There are three in the 2000's.
1. Black plastic. Made until My2006.
2. My2007 "Original" chrome key. Flat buttons that are not raised. This ran until (approx) maybe My2011?
3. Newest & current chrome key. Raised buttons, which are separate from each other.

When any MB owner ordered a key from years 2007-2011, they got key #2. Key #1 part number was SUPERCEDED by key #2. Likewise, any MB owner ordering a key from 2011-current gets key #3, because again that part number has been Superceded!

FTWorth TX USA does NOT keep spare inventory of old keys - they are COMPLETELY unavailable!!!
And, AS WE ALL KNOW - keys are married to a car & can not be reused once programmed!!!

So, since you said "Black plastic" keys MUST be used here (key #1) - is the ONLY option to HOPE & PRAY to find a BRAND NEW, UNUSED, UNPROGRAMMED Black plastic key #1 from an Ebayseller (to then retrofit with newer style KG module)?????

Is it EVEN POSSIBLE to find an unused black plastic key???? Did FW even sell or distribute them, since they do all the coding for
dealers? dealers?
??

Thanks in advance for the valuable insight & info!!!
Old 11-16-2016, 02:16 PM

CL
So... part A 230 545 12 32 is the correct part number then??

yes it is, I plugged it in and when I push start the dash says "no key recognized"

I am still assembling the puzzle myself, copied this article from someone who did this in Texas

Thing is, i'm buying a DAS Xentry to be able to see what are the open slots

also, about the key. problem seems get the vin inside to be able to operate the key besides keyless go
keyless go can apperently be solved with DAS Xentry diagnotics or Mercedes Vediamo SDconnect

so if you have info... first thing is getting a correct programmed key
Old 11-16-2016, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

FYI for a reference point: on a 2003 W220 WITH Keyless Go, with NO Chip card, (a car I just acquired):

The car has THE NEWEST key, #3.
Of course, KG does not work....
That said, the newest key was provided very recently to the prior owner. Only w few months ago.... So dealers DO IN FACT provide them...

Does the owner of a 2003 W220 get their choice of new chrome key #3 or black plastic key #1 (like original), when going in to order a brand new key TODAY (Nov 2016)????

To make KG work, and receive a black plastic key #1 though, is beyond me...!?
Old 11-16-2016, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Pmercury,
I myself saw too the informative thread about DAS you posted just above me today, from the guy in TX on Benzworld.
I think we are close, just trying to put the final pieces of the puzzle together.
Thanks for your help!! Best regards and be well.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:24 PM

CL
I just send you a PM
Old 11-16-2016, 02:32 PM

CL
I found several online stores in germany coding mercedes keys
i'lll call them tomorrow

my plan is to have them find the right key and VIN it, eventually by sending them my spare key (cloning is easier)
Old 11-23-2016, 08:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by jpohl402
FYI for a reference point: on a 2003 W220 WITH Keyless Go, with NO Chip card, (a car I just acquired):

The car has THE NEWEST key, #3.
Of course, KG does not work....
That said, the newest key was provided very recently to the prior owner. Only w few months ago.... So dealers DO IN FACT provide them...

Does the owner of a 2003 W220 get their choice of new chrome key #3 or black plastic key #1 (like original), when going in to order a brand new key TODAY (Nov 2016)????

To make KG work, and receive a black plastic key #1 though, is beyond me...!?
To start I would just like to say I don't know if what you are trying to accomplish will ever work. To answer your question the smart key that belongs to the 2003 will have no keyless go function as it's done in the card, the key that is non-keyless go is the same for almost all cars until the recent DAS4 keys so they have long depleted the inventory of black non keyless go keys so you can only get the new one, but that's not what you are looking for I think. The key I believe you are looking for would be from a early 2004-2006 with keyless go A230 766 03 06 9999 (black keyless go key) which has plenty of stock available if the dealer is willing to cooperate with your request.

Last edited by Jon@MBPartsFactory.com; 11-23-2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:57 AM

CL
thanks for your participation
thanks a lot for the MB ref for that key, so it is A230 766 03 06 9999 (black keyless go key) ? sure ?

I'm on a hold and have some new info

1) I just go Xentry Das developper (developper mode has all the unlocked option)
+ WIS and EPC 2016. I'm now waiting for a Star C4 to arrive. Without all this, I think testing will be hard

2) now that I got your key ref, I have 3 options

A) buy used keys, solder he chip of, get a new chip I solder back on and code the key myself But hat implies buying a chip programmer.
B) get clone keys from Russia, yes that exists. all the stuff to copy keys comes from Russia

once I have the MB Star C4 i'll go on with this project

also, I confirm 100% that this project works as I called the person who accomplished this

Only this is he had a willing MB dealer and spend money on dealer programming and I will not give the MB dealer a cent as they are NOT WILLING at all here in Europe
they want 200 usd for each Star connection.....

I bought the whole MB STAR system for less than 500 USD lol got softs for free from friends.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:21 AM

CL
found official BLANK keys in Romania, from official dealer
we are studying how far they can get them pre-programmed...
Verry nice people in Romania !

to be continued...........
Old 12-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
The cards are still available. Just have your dealer order 215-766-07-06-0041 which is a pre-programmed card from Germany, they show 0 available but they were shipped out quickly.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:15 PM

CL
thx but it was not a card problem, but getting rid of that bulky big card
but thx again
Old 12-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
No worries jpohl402 was the one looking for the card originally.
The following users liked this post:
pmercury (12-07-2016)
Old 12-30-2016, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have accomplished this!!
Replaced the Keyless Go module in trunk myself, with a 2004-2005 model one.
Force-Ordered black plastic KG key (jnash specified part number), for this VIN.
Had KG key reprogrammed with DAS into one of the two available KG key tracks on these cars (newer cars aren't limited to only two slots, but older cars are.)
Andddd..... Works fine now!!
There you all have it. Just done, in Dec of 16.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:43 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2007 CLK550 Coupe, 2003 CL600, 2012
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but this seems to be exactly what I need to do. Got a 2003 CL600 and no smart card. I need to find a keyless go key and track down the other part in the trunk.
For starters, what key should I be looking for?