CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

New Member with a 2011 CL 550 4 matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 550
New Member with a 2011 CL 550 4 matic

Hi guys, I just purchased a 2011 CL 550, with less than 2900 miles. Having fun learning about it and will be here trying to soak up the knowledge from other members. Have already learned how to reset the maintenance reminder from the pdf file posted. My car was showing 31 days past C maintenance, but I have never found what the C maintenance really is. Since the car had less than 2900 miles, it is probably a day thing that caused the reminder to show up. Anyway, I reset the reminder.

Here is something that someone could answer for me. The car has a build date of 6/10. However, when I checked with Park Place MB in Dallas, the warranty start date was 7/11/2012. There had been two items on Autocheck and Carfax, both the same. Reported as a manufacturer car, titled, and then auction, winding up at my dealer with 2822 miles. How could a car built in 6/10, have a warranty start date of 7/11/12?? It is great for me, as that gives me 3 years and 8 months of factory warranty. The car is perfect, with very, very minor imperfections. It was missing the remote control, the head set, and only has one key, but other than that, it is absolutely stunning.

I would like to hear anyone's comments on the warranty question.

Thanks, looking forward to the site interaction.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Cars
You have an amazing car for sure. I just bought back in March a 2014 CL 600 and I love it with the sickest of passions. How have you liked your car so far? What color is yours and what options? John As for the warranty, the car was built and most likely was never registered for over a year. It happens on a lot of these cars because of price. I have seen a car sit for over a year on a lot because of color. What color is yours?
Old 12-21-2014, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by Lubrecon
Hi guys, I just purchased a 2011 CL 550, with less than 2900 miles. Having fun learning about it and will be here trying to soak up the knowledge from other members. Have already learned how to reset the maintenance reminder from the pdf file posted. My car was showing 31 days past C maintenance, but I have never found what the C maintenance really is. Since the car had less than 2900 miles, it is probably a day thing that caused the reminder to show up. Anyway, I reset the reminder.

Here is something that someone could answer for me. The car has a build date of 6/10. However, when I checked with Park Place MB in Dallas, the warranty start date was 7/11/2012. There had been two items on Autocheck and Carfax, both the same. Reported as a manufacturer car, titled, and then auction, winding up at my dealer with 2822 miles. How could a car built in 6/10, have a warranty start date of 7/11/12?? It is great for me, as that gives me 3 years and 8 months of factory warranty. The car is perfect, with very, very minor imperfections. It was missing the remote control, the head set, and only has one key, but other than that, it is absolutely stunning.

I would like to hear anyone's comments on the warranty question.

Thanks, looking forward to the site interaction.
Welcome! Post some pics!
Get the service C done. What happens with modern Mercedes is service is now measured in days and not really miles as much.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
"C" service is oil change only. "A" was oil. "B" was ALL fluids, filters and wipers with full inspection. With 2,900 miles don't waste your money. Wait until you have 10k miles on the car before doing any servicing. Just keep resetting the minder.

Last edited by 2014CL600; 12-21-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:22 PM

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
ML350 BLUE TEC
I believe 11-11-2012 was the date of the original post by Lubrecon. Now I could be wrong, but..............

I bought a used 2011 CL550 last Wednesday. I've driven it two hours. After the second hour I took it back to the dealer to determine what the cause of the vibration was b/t 65mph and about 75mph. At 80mph it 'seems' ok.

Dealer says it has three bent rims and they're going to straighten out the rims and align it. Anybody else out there ever had bent rims/wheels? Common or not? These are AMG wheels, unfortunatley they are ?? chrome wheels. At least look chrome. Must have been part of a Sports Package Plus option I suppose. I'm pretty sure it's 20" tires from my brief time with this car.

Other than when I drive it.............the rest of it seems ok. Perfect garage Queen. I can idle it in the garage and watch DVD's I suppose........light humor, please.

EDIT: I read the cars service history. It had 10 (ten) 'events' with tires and one with a wheel change out. I suppose this was a 'clue' that I ignored.

Last edited by HAILERS2; 12-23-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
More than likely whoever owned the car previous to you must have hit a MASSIVE pot hole or ran over a parking lot cement stop at a pretty high speed and bent the three rims. These wheels are made in Austria and are made to very high tolerances. As for the watching DVD's while sitting, I have a wonderful solution for that with a 265.00 (Naviks) Video in Motion unit. Took me all of 15 minutes to install and now I can use ALL my functions, including Navigation while in motion. I also bought on Ebay for my new I phone 6, a Bluetooth unit that plugs into the cable in the glove box. It will allow you to watch ANY downloaded music videos or YouTube Videos from your phone without having to take it out of your pocket. The unit is called Tune2Air. It is plug and play and you never have to do anything to it. It automatically connects every time you start the car. I love watching HD music videos while I listen to my music. These two things are worth every penny. You will love these two additions to your current existing technology. Nice thing is you don't have to pull over to change your Navigation it will allow you to do everything either by voice or by using the mouse. Each device works through the steering wheel or the buttons. The only thing is did was allow my Mbrase to expire, as I found the only thing that was good was the, "Send2benz" the rest is bull and they keep adding for each additional feature. Also, there is a plug and play unit that mirrors your phones screen right to your head unit. You can use ANY smart phone and it doesn't have to be an iPhone to work. I think this will be an excellent Holiday for those who can afford to buy these units.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:01 PM

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
ML350 BLUE TEC
Got my CL550 back today. It appears they sent the three bent wheels off to Park Place Bodywerks down the street from Park Place Mercedes. There they straightened the wheels and aligned it.

I took it out on I-20 and drove a 200 mile round trip. Drives smooth as can be at all speeds. Looks like it's going to be a great interstate cruiser for me and that's what I bought it for. The SL I traded it in on was a bit noisy in the interior when taking looooooooong drives over 1000k miles, but was better/easier driving around town.

Thanks for the audio info.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
Your so welcome I also have found out that they have a plug and play that allows you to watch I tune videos from your I phone. You can upgrade your existing cable to the new Speed I phone cable as well. Or buy the Tune2air but you need the WMA300A. Then you can send information to your head unit and leave any phone you have in your pocket. You can get them for 89.00 on Ebay or the Mercedes Version at the dealer for 259.00. I am hoping to be able to watch videos from the I pod connection with either device. I do know the Vid in Motion is on sale now for 255.00 free shipping and a$5 credit if you give them an excellent rating. That is a great deal. Glad you got your wheel situation fixed.