CL65 - couple of minor issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55, CL65 C216
CL65 - couple of minor issues

Hi there,

I just got my new CL65 (2008) 2 days back and I am quit happy. The car is used and has some issues to fix. Maybe there is a hint ...

1) When I try to use the Distronic, it tells me that it can not be activated? Any clue? same stays as error on the display.

2) The dynamic seat and it's functions do not work. I can select it (e.g. side inflate) from the command menu but when I change the individual setting e.j. to 4 I think I feel a slight change in the seat but then the dial goes back to 0.

3) Most annoying, the seat does not go back when folding it. When I fold the seat (both sides) it moves to the front and passengers can enter the back, but when I move the seat rest back, the seat does not go back, it stays up front and I have to squeeze in, turn the ignition on and move it manually back.

Look forward to your hints.

Tomi
Old 01-12-2013, 01:29 PM

W215 CL65
Congrats on the car 1st off! To activate distronic you need to use the keypad on the steering wheel on the left side and navigate to the menus to find where it says radar and activate that by pressing the button in. I believe there is also another place for the distronic options as well. (same goes with the pre-safe brake) Playing around with that menu, you will find what you need. As for the seats, there is a dedicated button to the left of the master enu controller in the middle where you put your hand on. Once you press that button a menu for all the options for the seat will appear and you will also be able to program whatever you want, including the massage function. The seat I am not sure about. When I fold it forward, it slides forward, and when I put the seat back it automatically slides back to the position it was in. Hope this helps!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:03 AM

G55, CL65 C216
Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. The seats seems to be an mechanical / electrical problem. I have the menu in the command but when changing the options, e.j. going from 0 to 4 it stays at 4 for a second and then goes back to 0. Seems like it does not accept the command or that there is no reaction from the seat therefore it goes back to 0.

Same with the seat that does not go back when folding it back.

Anyone has a hint where the pump / valves of the seat are, just to check for any mechanical problem. Is there a switch that senses that the seat is folded back that actuates the sliding ?

Tomi
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 AM

G55, CL65 C216
Hi,

investigated further, folding seat works fine when engine is running. Seems to be some issue with power supply to certain components when ignition is turned off. Also my trunk release is not working from the remote when car is off.

Tomi
Old 11-14-2013, 06:03 PM

07 CL600
my seats do the same thing. when you select "4" or anything other than "0", it lingers at the selected digit for a second, the changes back to "0"

sucks *****

No massage/vibrate

No inflate/deflate.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:11 PM

G55, CL65 C216
Hi,

great to hear that I am not the only one. All other isses with exception of the one mentioned by you were solved with a new aux battery. Did not have the time to take it to MB, also because I worry that it will be overkill. Could you post what it was in your case once you got it solved please.

Many thanks !
Old 11-14-2013, 07:04 PM

07 CL600
Originally Posted by tomi.omni
Hi,

great to hear that I am not the only one. All other isses with exception of the one mentioned by you were solved with a new aux battery. Did not have the time to take it to MB, also because I worry that it will be overkill. Could you post what it was in your case once you got it solved please.

Many thanks !
Yeah, for sure. I definately will.

I also had my battery discharge yesterday, not sure if it is related. I know I can hear a whoooshing sound of air under the driver's seat. Im thinking that maybe there is an air leak, and there is a safety mechanism in place to prevent the pump from just running nonstop, and burning out.

Either that, or the seat modules.

If its not those two, then it woud have to be a software issue.

Where is the auxilary battery located???
Old 11-27-2015, 01:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63s White
Originally Posted by tomi.omni
Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. The seats seems to be an mechanical / electrical problem. I have the menu in the command but when changing the options, e.j. going from 0 to 4 it stays at 4 for a second and then goes back to 0. Seems like it does not accept the command or that there is no reaction from the seat therefore it goes back to 0.

Same with the seat that does not go back when folding it back.

Anyone has a hint where the pump / valves of the seat are, just to check for any mechanical problem. Is there a switch that senses that the seat is folded back that actuates the sliding ?

Tomi
add me to that list!
this only happens on my side bolsters.. I set the scale, it inflates, then deflates and scale goes back to "0" .. I can do this cycle a few times then it stops working all together... (driver side) haven't tried pass yet.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:40 AM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
Originally Posted by stone4779
my seats do the same thing. when you select "4" or anything other than "0", it lingers at the selected digit for a second, the changes back to "0"

sucks *****

No massage/vibrate

No inflate/deflate.
I had the same problem. It was caused by an air leak in the seat bladder. First the driver side developed a leak. Then a couple of months later the passenger side developed a leak. The final failure occurred with only one month remaining on my seven year extended warranty which paid for both repairs. The passenger seat could not be repaired and required replacement of the seat cushion which costs about $5000.

There is a common air supply so a leak in either seat will cause both seats to not operate. I believe someone was able to cap air hose to the passenger seat to allow the driver seat to operate if the leak is in the passenger seat.