CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Thinking of buying a CL.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Jetta
Thinking of buying a CL.

First post on here, so I'm thinking of taking the plunge on my first Mercedes, and its going to be a 2007 CL. Being only 20 and it being my first benz what is there to expect? What are the problem that owner do encounter, how fun is it to drive, reliability? Just in case you guys are wondering, daddy isn't paying for the car, my hard work and years of saving is going to pay off the car! Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:57 PM

2016 AMG GTS
Work of advice, Don't, too much maint issues, would advice looking into E or C or perhaps CLS, a little easier on the wallet to maintain in my opinion , but at the end if the day it's your choice, Good Luck bro
Old 02-19-2014, 05:45 PM

2007 cl550
I've had my 2007 cl550 for a year now..nothing major has happened. Hose from steering to abc pump popped ..trans flush..and now rear tires..fun car..bought with 46k now has 54k
Old 02-19-2014, 07:49 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
2010 CL550
Originally Posted by Faisal94
First post on here, so I'm thinking of taking the plunge on my first Mercedes, and its going to be a 2007 CL. Being only 20 and it being my first benz what is there to expect? What are the problem that owner do encounter, how fun is it to drive, reliability? Just in case you guys are wondering, daddy isn't paying for the car, my hard work and years of saving is going to pay off the car! Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers!
sounds like you and i are in the same boat..im dead set on this car and cannot be talked out of it. however im not sure if i would buy a 2007. i would only go as old as an 09. as these cars can get very pricey to maintain ive been told. ive also been told to not purchase this particular model of merc without an extended warranty which i believe cannot be had on an 07.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:14 AM

land rover range rover
Go for it , I'm looking at one on Thursday!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:40 PM

6 series BMW
Originally Posted by Faisal94
Any updates on your search . I'm also looking. Curious to see what you did interns of warranty? Which company? Years/mileage? Price?
Old 04-09-2014, 10:38 AM

2003 Lincoln LS V8
Even if nothing fails, these are expensive cars to own. Go to a site like TireRack and price out brakes and tires. You'll probably need rear tires every year (fronts last a lot longer), and brakes every couple of years (pads and rotors). Get a quote from your insurance agent before you buy. Average MPG will likely be in the teens.

As for driving, the CL is a great highway cruiser. It's big, solid and silent. It can accelerate effortlessly to speeds that can land you in jail and corner flat and quickly if you ask it to. However, I wouldn't exactly call it "fun" to drive. Most of the technology is geared towards smoothness and comfort (isolating the driver from the sensation of driving). It's an exceptional luxury car, which means it's not a sports car.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:06 PM

2008 CL550
Buying a CL

I just bought an 08 CL. Ive owned Maserati's, Porsches and several other Mercedes incl two SL's. I have to say I totally love this CL. It is everything
I would want my car to be. Quiet. Powerful. Super smooth. An awesome ride.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:31 AM

2009 CL 63
Had my CL 63 few months and love it!!! Get a ppi done and if getting from dealership have them correct as many issues as possible before purchase. I was lucky and my car was near mint but after 1,200 in minor fixes from European Auto Teknics in Houston, TX my car is in as good of shape when new. They can be costly to repair so maintaining properly is key.