CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Has anyone installed the new Drive Kit Plus?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Cars
Has anyone installed the new Drive Kit Plus?

Has anyone had the Drive Kit Plus installed in there CL or S class I think 10 and up maybe 11 and up? I am not sure of the years but they just came out with the iPhone 6 version which I think is the iPhone5/6 kit. They are the same from what the tech at MBZ told me. My vin allows the installation and I'm going for it. It will be like the one on the CLA and I am guessing like the new S and CL and you can download apps to the head unit and use your iPhone apps and Google and Facebook and play music videos via Bluetooth and charge your unit via the speed connection. Let me know if you have done it and if you are happy with the product. Thanks
Old 12-31-2014, 12:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought the Drive Plus Kit is only for the CLA... How would it integrate with a 2011 CL or S class standard command?

I was actually considering something you mentioned in one of your other threads, I got the tune2air which seems to work pretty well with the head unit.

I was going to buy the Navitek VIM unit from Ebay. Which would let you stream movies to the headunit via bluetooth while the car was in motion. Did you ever get this working?

Or is the drive plus kit something to look into for our cars as well?
Old 12-31-2014, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
The CL and S class uses the same NTG 3.5 high end screen format and all voice recognition system which they have now for the CL and S class and it works the exact same. Do you have DKP as an option in your car yet? Also, the Naviks VIM is AMAZING yes I watch music videos with my music all the time.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
Found it on Ebay for iPhone 5 and will work with 6 as well, the display will be like the new generation MBZ cars with the new interface and it will use your I phone Garman 3D navigation. Everything interfaces with your command our use Siri. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Ben...-/301230434369.