CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Found spot to possibly connect a media interface!help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL63 AMG
Question Found spot to possibly connect a media interface!help

My car didn't come with the ipod connection and I even took it to the dealer to see if I can finally ditch the media card crap but he couldn't find anything in my glove box. I had a suspicion that it might be a raised rectangular section which I finally had the ***** to pry off and it looks like there is definitely something to connect to in there!! Anyone have a similar experience?
Old 05-31-2015, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Cars
My suggestion would be to either look on Ebay for a set up or find a junk yard with a car that had it. I have totally disregarded mine. Since my car came standard with the facelift cars and I have an iPhone 6. I bought the new connector for the S class and use the USB for charging and transferring music from my phone to the radio. I am however going to move the location for the plug from the glove box to the console. That way, I can just plug my phone straight into the system by opening the console door. Better yet see if you can just buy the Media Interface Plus kit so you can have it all. Text etc through the head unit.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:48 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
22 (WIFE) & 23 G63,22 TOYO TUNDRA TRD,21 GT BS, 22 McLaren GT,23 DUCATI MULTI V4 PIKES PEAK, 23 S580
I have two pre owned in working condition ipod kits for sale. One kit is complete, the other will need the harness and ipod cable. You cannot find these kits anywhere, I spent over two years looking.