CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

No Satellite Radio Option in Command

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 CL600
No Satellite Radio Option in Command

Hello forum, I recently purchased an 07 CL600, and am really enjoying it so far. The car came wired with sirius satellite radio, the SDAR is present and appears to be untouched in the trunk. Satellite radio does not appear to be an option on the command however, I only have radio/FM/AM/WB/Sound as options. Decoded the VIN, car came wired with satellite. Checked the fuses, the satellite radio ones are all fine. I spent some time searching the forums, but could not find a really good answer to a problem.

The only other things it does is that the navigation does not function. It displays a message stating "Command unit recently updated, insert navigation DVD." I'm unsure if this could be causing the issue, or if I need to just get it reprogrammed. It seems unusual that the car would come with sirius but then the command module would come programmed not to display it.

Thanks guys for any help. Happy to be a member of this forum.
The following users liked this post:
Bill Baird (12-05-2019)
Old 02-15-2016, 01:11 AM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
Try this--
Press the steering wheel button under your right thumb and then speak the words--
SAT RADIO

All US W216 vehicles came with Sirius radio.

Also, mid year 2008 vehicles had the capability to display real-time traffic information. This capability can be added to 2007 vehicles via a software update. A vehicle software update which must can only be performed utilizing a Mercedes "DAS" computer is needed to get your vehicle to accept newer navigation DVD update disks. Some dealers deny that the vehicle software can updated.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 CL600
I was skeptical that using voice command to get to satellite radio would work, but low and behold there it was. Thank you Steveb, that was awesome . It's kinda strange that the only way to initially get to sat radio was through voice, but whatever.

Now, any advice on fixing a broken sunroof (basically if you happen to know of a DIY for headliner removal that would be awesome).

Also, any ideas as to why I can't load a DVD? No LEDs come on the DVD player at all, but holding the eject button for 10 seconds will cause the command system to reset, so it appears to be hooked up. On the module it says that there's no DVDs loaded, but there does not appear to be a way to make them load.

Sorry if these are really basic simple questions.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 4MATIC Mercedes Benz
No Satellite Radio

Hello fellow Mercedes friends. I had the same problem with my 2007 E550 4MATIC the SiriusXM Satellite Radio was working fine, then one day it went out the car stayed with a message “ no satellite radio”. I tried everything and nothing worked. So I wanted to share this with you.
However the problem is a very simple fix and it got my Satellite Radio back working. I left my headlights on by accident, got the car jump started and just like that my Satellite Radio was back on. I had even canceled the account with XM. I suggest you disconnect the battery for short time and then reconnect it back . It should work. I went more than 3 months without any Satellite Radio which seemed like a lifetime.

Good Luck All.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 177 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
For a headliner diy, subscribe to WIS at startekinfo.com

to make it worth your while, print out lots of other procedures too.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 CL600
I was hoping this would work....verified with Sirius that service was active on this car at one point.

I tried the button and the SAT RADIO command was not recognized, navi works fine but there is no band to switch to Sirius....any other ideas to access I couldn't find it in the audio menu either.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by paxkine111
I was hoping this would work....verified with Sirius that service was active on this car at one point.

I tried the button and the SAT RADIO command was not recognized, navi works fine but there is no band to switch to Sirius....any other ideas to access I couldn't find it in the audio menu either.
The COMAND has programmed into it by the dealer diagnostic tool the options the car is supposed to have on the Telematics network. It is composed of a fiber-optic ring that connects the front 6-disc DVD changer to the tuner and amplifier in the trunk, the voice control system, the Sirius receiver, and the CTEL module. Is sounds like the COMAND is coded incorrectly and a simple visit to the dealer can fix this. It should be a very short procedure unless the SDAR unit failed and was bypassed and deleted as an option, which happens if someone doesn't use it subscribe since if any of the device on the telematics network fail, they will break the fiber optic ring and cause the entire system to be non-functional.
The following users liked this post:
evikins (03-16-2021)