CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Purge Valve Fun

Old 02-22-2016, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 550
Lightbulb Purge Valve Fun

I had a code P0497... Every once in a while it would say loose gas cap... I bought a new cap and it still happened...

Checked the purge valve and it was ticking away, so I tried to clean it with MAF cleaner... Cleared the engine light... Didn't work... So I replaced it.

The hardest part of this part swap is getting the damn hose and clamps off...

Tips- Just pry the **** hose clamps open lol and cut the damn hoses off... Buy two small L shaped intake hoses at Autozone for less than $3 before you start and some little hose clamps...

Push the two metal tabs in to unplug the valve unit and pull it straight up off it's little W shaped metal holder... also pinch the clip under the little hose clamped down to the right of it from underneath and it should come out giving you some slack one of the hard hoses...

Purchase/Change the part 0004708893 and viola!

If that isn't it... have a mech check the purge canister and connections under one of the rear wheel well liners...

If you need to pass inspection... Buy a scanner that can clear the engine light... Sets the tests to "not ready"... wait till all checks are green except the evap and take it in immediately lol... you're allowed to have one X... Well, in Texas at least Hope this helps someone

Here's a pic of the little guy

-Doc
Attached Thumbnails Purge Valve Fun-20160218_112401.jpg  

Last edited by Doc_Holliday; 02-22-2016 at 12:45 AM. Reason: pic