CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

CL500 2007 window reset? Won't lock or pinch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CL500 (w216) 2007
CL500 2007 window reset? Won't lock or pinch

Got up this morning, car windows a bit frosty and went open the drivers door. Typically the window drops a few mil, drivers and rear quarter and window pops out of seal and door can be opened.... Not this morning!

Main drivers window would not drop required few mil, had to pull open past the seal. Now car won't lock, and window will not drop automatically to allow door to shut.

When I get in the car, roll the window up, rear window auto pinches into place no probs but just no movement when use handle to open door, it's as though the soft close function doesn't exist on the driver's door anymore and in turn is not telling the window to open / close when doors are opened and closed.

Sensor? Will a reset work so you think? Any instructions how to do so? Had a look in my manual but nothing mentioned!!!

Only owned the car 6 months and few things have required attention already, beginning to think another BMW may have been a safer ( less expensive) option!

New to Mercedes but been quoted £140 from main dealer for new wheel bolts puts me off going back to them for anything, especially when get them from local motor factors for £36!

Help, please....