New too the CL world

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 12:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 CL550 4Matic
New too the CL world

Hey Guys

Just picked up a new to me 2010 CL500 4matic with 50K miles. The car had 1 Georgia owner, who installed from MB, LoJack, passport radar built into the car, 3M film over the full front nose, A pillars, sideview mirrors, door edge trim and rear bumper / trunk ledge. Illuminated door sills, 321 sport package with 19" AMG wheels, P2 package with multi contour massage seats and everything the great CL comes with. I got it for 33K.... I think it is a good deal. The car is super clean no scratches extremely clean interior with brand new mats. Seats still look brand new and the interior smells like a new MB.

I used to lease E-class since 2003 and decided to buy the CL as an additional car but with this one so clean I may not lease again when mine is up in 6 months.

I'd like feedback from any CL veterans here on what you think about this deal.

I've been in this forum for many years but recently had to change my user name since I forgot my password and couldn't reset it. Look forward to getting to know someone of you and learning more about the CL.

Thanks AA.....
Attached Thumbnails New too the CL world-img_5124.jpg   New too the CL world-img_5120.jpg   New too the CL world-img_5158.jpg   New too the CL world-img_5159.jpg  
Old 01-08-2017, 09:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 Mercedes Benz CL 550
Well Doublea66 your new love affair has just begun. So much good to say about the 216. I love mine and will keep it for at least 7 or 8 years to come. If you have the night vision option your center headlamps will emit invisible IR light but only after 10 mph. The night vision button is left of the headlight switch. At my community I drive towards a wall and its all lit up on the screen but when you look up its dark. Some say the option is a gimmick but I say its good for driving around your neighborhood at night as you can see pedestrians easily in advance. We all know our lives are over the day you run over a kid. So maybe not so much a gimmick. Another thing you will love is the Logic 7 surround system. Add a 1000 watt amp Bridged to one channel and juice a single 12" Kicker subwoofer. You can buy a high level to low level conveter at WalMart for $20 and use it to tap into the speaker wires that go to the subwoofer on the rear deck. This is how you feed signal to the amp. Comes with a volume knob you can install in the cabin for easy level adjustment. Seems the factory Harmon Kardon sound system is great at low volume but when you want to rock out loudly the system flattens out at mid volume and really lacks deep bass. This setup will fix all that and more. The cost if you do it yourself is minimal less than $300. Also a warning from a technician of 40 yrs, stay away from aftermarket HID Lighting Kits unless you use a good filter. These cause electrical issues with some of the sensors. Goes for all newer MB models. Good luck and enjoy! Be sure to check your tires speed rating and max speed. I use Continental Extreme Contact tires rated at 186 mph. Soon reflashing my ECU to max speed of 176 as I dont think my engine will go to the next level of 205 mph nor do I have the rated tires to do so. Im not your average driver. Even at 130 the CL feels like your doing 80 mph. Be safe and drive smart if going high speed for a test. Always verify the roadway has no bumps etc and you are alone on the road. A spotter a mile ahead is always good and everything slows down at high speed looking 1/2 a mile ahead as you read the pavement for bumps or hills. Life begins at 140! An amazing thing to live in a time when you can get in your car and drive in such comfort and at such speeds on rare occasion. The beauty and quality are all there! Even my wife was getting a little jealous of my car saying I love it more than I love her. I assured her the car was number 2.... Enjoy!
Old 01-09-2017, 10:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 CL550 4Matic
Thanks Benztech. I do have the night vision and I like it and will use it. Yeah the logic 7 needs a little extra bass. I'll figure out if I want to make the upgrade to the audio after the winter. I need help trying to get my phone to stream music. My iPhone 6s Plus isn't working. It charges with the MMI interface but no music. I need my music.