CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

w216 CL65 and its rarity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by zelement
Yes. I agree with you almost completely. However, the reason why the 215s value's dropped is not just because of the 216 but more to do with quality, reliability, and cost of maintanence.

The w220 and w215 had horrible build quality. It wasn't until the introduction of the then new Bangle BMWs, Audi, and Lexus that forced MB to put the quality back in their top lineup.
The new CLS63 might be the car to have for "right now" but 3 years later, it will be flooded just like the 219 and looked at as just another reskinned E. I thought the 219 was the most gorgeous car when it came out but now I think I rather own the VW cc.

If the OP wants a 216, I'd wait 8 months until the 2012 CL are out and go to the dealer and pick up a new or demo 2011 CL for a big discount. The test results for the new CL550 4matic are unreal. 4.2 to 60 and 12.7 at 109 in the 1/4!
Only time will tell.

As far as your other post... I had a discussion with an AMG employee about the V12 Biturbo engine. I made the same point, that it was obsolete with the lighter weight and similar output of the V8 Biturbo (mated to the 7 speed tranny). He told me that the performance didn't matter...there are customers who only want a V12.

Tom
Old 06-29-2011, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 sport, CL550 sport, CL63 Designo
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Only time will tell.

As far as your other post... I had a discussion with an AMG employee about the V12 Biturbo engine. I made the same point, that it was obsolete with the lighter weight and similar output of the V8 Biturbo (mated to the 7 speed tranny). He told me that the performance didn't matter...there are customers who only want a V12.

Tom
Yes i agree and to also keep mercedes In the $200k market.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Banned

2005CL65 NOS injected Escalade
Lol Oliverk. Still sporting the s500?

You sir are pathetic. You are confused as to who I am.....And wouldn't know a AMG from the hookers you pay diligently to sit in your curbside drug mobile.....so please keep your opinions to yourself as unless you owned any of these cars and are even close to as big of a fan of these cars as I am..... You really should STF up and pass on this part of the forum since u Dont know crap.....

TMC the rotors were replaced at 83k....again do i have reason to lie here gentleman? Naaaa i dont.....Would you like a written statement from Star Garage who replaced them? When removed with still 20% life left btw they had the original part number and as well as the VMI clearly showing no rotors or pads were replaced on the front of the car to 76k miles I got it-- I had a E55 that went well over 50k miles on original pads too

Where do you get 4700 lbs from? I weighed my car with full tank of gas and full spare tire at 4470 lbs at Palm Beach Motorway. On 2 different CL65's.
That is about 100lbs more then a New Challenger and a new CTSV
Considering my car has over 300 lbs of glass and floor insulation in it. I can live with that. Lol

As for build quaily--- I can disagree more. I have owned Bentley's and quite a few other cars. This CL65 and others including the w220 are built like tanks. No creaking-- no interiors getting ripped up. I have seen some heavy abused ones too---- a certain board member here who runs mid 10's a lot ...still has had no issues with the quality of that car trust me.

The seats in my car i will put $1000 on the bet are as good as any 10k mile one ....... Almost zero wear and tear. Try that with a Bentley or Porsche or Cadillac (TMC) at 100k miles.

Opinions vary but CL's here in south Florida are a rare car to be seen. And the general public when they see my car they don't assume it to be a 10 year old car. More a distinct Benz and they scratch their heads trying to figure it out what model or year.....
Old 06-29-2011, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by 65number1
You sir are pathetic. You are confused as to who I am.....And wouldn't know a AMG from the hookers you pay diligently to sit in your curbside drug mobile.....so please keep your opinions to yourself as unless you owned any of these cars and are even close to as big of a fan of these cars as I am..... You really should STF up and pass on this part of the forum since u Dont know crap.....

When removed with still 20% life left btw they had the original part number and as well as the VMI clearly showing no rotors or pads were replaced on the front of the car to 76k miles I got it

Opinions vary but CL's here in south Florida are a rare car to be seen. And the general public when they see my car they don't assume it to be a 10 year old car. More a distinct Benz and they scratch their heads trying to figure it out what model or year.....
Are you ****ing kidding. A guy who types the same, lives in the same area, has the same enthusiasm for the same car, and quotes rarity constantly. You are retardedmunk, anyone with an ounce of brain power can figure that out.

I will forget more about these cars than you will ever know, you can trust me on that. And yes, I still have my wonderful S500.

Btw brainiac, the original part number would be the same as the replacement part number. Its not like MB just likes to change part numbers randomly to make it interesting for tools like you. Oh, and the wonderful VMI. What if the owner decided they wanted to take the car to an independent garage to have the rotors done.

For some halfassed car salesman, you sure are dumb.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL55, SL500, E350
Originally Posted by Oliverk
Are you ****ing kidding. A guy who types the same, lives in the same area, has the same enthusiasm for the same car, and quotes rarity constantly. You are retardedmunk, anyone with an ounce of brain power can figure that out.
I have only one tenth of an ounce of brain power and I still KNOW it is the same guy .

Let it go 65number1. You make lesser and lesser sense as you go.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5

TMC the rotors were replaced at 83k....again do i have reason to lie here gentleman? Naaaa i dont.....Would you like a written statement from Star Garage who replaced them? When removed with still 20% life left btw they had the original part number and as well as the VMI clearly showing no rotors or pads were replaced on the front of the car to 76k miles I got it-- I had a E55 that went well over 50k miles on original pads too

Where do you get 4700 lbs from? I weighed my car with full tank of gas and full spare tire at 4470 lbs at Palm Beach Motorway. On 2 different CL65's.
That is about 100lbs more then a New Challenger and a new CTSV
Considering my car has over 300 lbs of glass and floor insulation in it. I can live with that. Lol

As for build quaily--- I can disagree more. I have owned Bentley's and quite a few other cars. This CL65 and others including the w220 are built like tanks. No creaking-- no interiors getting ripped up. I have seen some heavy abused ones too---- a certain board member here who runs mid 10's a lot ...still has had no issues with the quality of that car trust me.

The seats in my car i will put $1000 on the bet are as good as any 10k mile one ....... Almost zero wear and tear. Try that with a Bentley or Porsche or Cadillac (TMC) at 100k miles.

http://www.intellichoice.com/1-12-20...upe-specs.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ecs_price.html

Here are just a couple of curb weights for the W215 CL65.

I too weighed my CL65 at the track. It came in at 4,505lbs with 1/8 tank of gas (about 3 gallons of gas) and everything taken out of the trunk including: full sized 19" spare (weighs at least 50lbs), tools (10lbs) and everything else that wasn't nailed down was removed (rear seat cushions, owners manual, engine cover...etc). So if the CL65 is with a full tank of gas, it would weigh 126lbs more (gas weighs about 6lbs per gallon). So the 4,650lbs I referred to before isn't exaggerated at all...unlike all your posts...

Tom
Old 07-06-2011, 03:00 PM

c32
Lol. Some people are weird.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Banned

Weight and opinions. Guess what?

My car weighs almost exactly what a CTSV weighs and a new Challenger and so on. I do not consider it heavy. Since it does have a lot of safety features and comfort factors....MY GTR was a horrible car to drive by comparison

I will continue to attest to my super reliable IMO CL65.

As I stated before. I SOLD MY 2009 GTR with almost 3 years left on the power train warranty after owning it almost a year and 16k miles. I bought it with 370 miles.

TO KEEP MY 76k mile (miles I had on it when I titled it to myself) WITH NO
W A R R A N T Y!!!!! are you guys reading this???? I didn't want to buy a warranty.... I am uber confident of the car

SO that is that---- no idiot here just an admirer of the 65's....

I didn't sell the GTR because of money or any other reason except I simply love the ----- look,feel,power,rarity,and reliability of MY CL65

Why keep 2 coupes?? I kept the best one with 60k more miles on it.....
WITH ZERO REGRET

Old 07-07-2011, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
My car weighs almost exactly what a CTSV weighs and a new Challenger and so on. I do not consider it heavy. Since it does have a lot of safety features and comfort factors....MY GTR was a horrible car to drive by comparison

I will continue to attest to my super reliable IMO CL65.

As I stated before. I SOLD MY 2009 GTR with almost 3 years left on the power train warranty after owning it almost a year and 16k miles. I bought it with 370 miles.

TO KEEP MY 76k mile (miles I had on it when I titled it to myself) WITH NO
W A R R A N T Y!!!!! are you guys reading this???? I didn't want to buy a warranty.... I am uber confident of the car

SO that is that---- no idiot here just an admirer of the 65's....

I didn't sell the GTR because of money or any other reason except I simply love the ----- look,feel,power,rarity,and reliability of MY CL65

Why keep 2 coupes?? I kept the best one with 60k more miles on it.....
WITH ZERO REGRET

To each his own...

However, there is no way my CTS-V weighs as much as my old CL65. As I said, I weighed the car at the track with no one in it and everything pulled out and it weighed 4,505lbs. BTW ....you claim you weighed yours at the track with a full tank of gas......who goes to the track with a full tank of gas? Sounds suspect....

Tom
Old 07-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Banned

The latest R and T

With the CTSV vs GT500 puts the CTSV weight at 4450 lbs......

And like I said before--- a hundred pounds or so is crap by comparison to the quality of the silent and buffered ride a CL65 gives...
Well worth the extra fat

Regardless....... The CL65 is a better quality car in terms of components and engineering then the V

I owned a CTSV sedan for 2 months and a coupe for 1 month
So I have enough seat time to say that the CL65 even being a few years older is still a few years newer in terms of quality and engineering...IMO

I turned down many opportunities to own a few V specs outright for less then wholesale but chose not to keep them.

I kept my 65....
I like being the "what the **** kind of car is that" and "damn that is a cool freaking Mercedes--- v12 biturbo damn!!!"

I own a car that looks like a $100,000 car still and I appreciate that ....

I never heard a peep from anybody about my CTSV's at the track or on the street

NOW I LOVE CADILLAC.....I own a NOS injected AWD ESCALADE which is lowered and tastefully blacked out with 24" black slides and a 3.5 " custom exhaust that exits out the sides of the rear panels
AN ESCALADE speaks volumes in terms of "status symbol"
It always will since the rebuild in 2007--- I get an unbelievable amount of compliments on mine---- people just wait to see who is getting out when I arrive at a club----- it is epic for a vehicle that costs a fraction of a Bentley yet gets 5x the stares and glares. Lol
I just wouldn't in a million years give up a "1 of 187 only built" supercar
With more torque then a F650 super truck for a CTSV----

I just enjoy the finer things in life.... And a CL65 doesn't get much better.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Banned

Actually 4300 lbs

I just went back and read it again.
Curb weight CTSV sedan 4300

Soooo hmmm a couple of hundred lbs more.

YEAH I accept.

I like my ride quality and noise reduction

And my hand built $80k engine in my aluminum wide-bodied Pillarless

COOL *** SUPER COUPE
Old 07-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Banned

Actually 4300 lbs

I just went back and read it again.
Curb weight CTSV sedan 4300

Soooo hmmm a couple of hundred lbs more.

YEAH I accept.

I like my ride quality and noise reduction

And my hand built $80k engine in my aluminum wide-bodied Pillarless

COOL *** SUPER COUPE
Old 07-07-2011, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Honestly, if you care so much about the looks/comments of other people... you should have kept the GT-R. Me personally, I couldn't care less about impressing other people.... but the GT-R gets literally 100 times more positive attention than the CL65.

My reasons for getting rid of the CL65 were purely for driving dynamics (the ABC suspension just isn't that good at handling or comfort).... and the amenities were getting a little "antiquated" (i.e. Nav system, guages, etc.). When I drove the CTS-V with MRC (Magnetic Ride Control) it just really appealed to me...even the layout of the interior (some of the plastic materials are a little lacking...but that will be rectified).

Tom
Old 07-07-2011, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos

And like I said before--- a hundred pounds or so is crap by comparison to the quality of the silent and buffered ride a CL65 gives...
Well worth the extra fat

Regardless....... The CL65 is a better quality car in terms of components and engineering then the V

So I have enough seat time to say that the CL65 even being a few years older is still a few years newer in terms of quality and engineering...IMO

I turned down many opportunities to own a few V specs outright for less then wholesale but chose not to keep them.

I kept my 65....
I like being the "what the **** kind of car is that" and "damn that is a cool freaking Mercedes--- v12 biturbo damn!!!"

NOW I LOVE CADILLAC.....I own a NOS injected AWD ESCALADE which is lowered and tastefully blacked out with 24" black slides and a 3.5 " custom exhaust that exits out the sides of the rear panels
It always will since the rebuild in 2007--- I get an unbelievable amount of compliments on mine---- people just wait to see who is getting out when I arrive at a club----- it is epic for a vehicle that costs a fraction of a Bentley yet gets 5x the stares and glares. Lol

lol you are so full of ****, its unreal.

Some cheesy riced out escalade gets 5x the attention of a bentley at DA CLUB huh.

keep posting, you're hysterical.

I'm going to die lying when that high mile junker of yours is stranded on the side of the road.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Talking

Well worth the extra fat

I kept my 65....

A wannabe rapper?
Slade on 24" wheels will only impress $10 hookers in the Hood....
But to each their own......
Old 07-07-2011, 06:42 PM

Turbo
I HAVE OWNED MANY 65's
I have actually owned a lot of 65's.
NOW-- I have owned so many cars. Many many AMG's.
....based on owning well over 70 automobiles says a lot.
I can say I have had the pleasure of owning a lot of 65's. And a lot of AMG's.

Every time a M5 guy or CTS-V guy or a C63 guy rolls up to my car. They stare with a very very strange look--- I am sure thinking "wow that car looks very cool. More so then mine.

I have never seen someone who is older than 15 write like this. And I'm pretty sure I never will.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 PM

2017 991.2 Turbo PDK 2017 C63S Coupe Ceramic Brakes 2015 CLS63S AMG Full House
If your AMG CL65's are so ''RARE'', it's absolutely amazing how, you the only one here that's owned so many of them too?????????

Is someone at ''AMGs'' paying you too write all this ???? stuff on how reliable an older model CL65AMG W215 is and how rare it is? If so, "What they paying you''?

Or maybe you want to sell a whole bunch cross-country, in the Continental USA. Sounds like a tricked out plan to selling, W215 CL65's. I hope they not all the same engine mileages........???

Yes they the Best & Overly powerful, (W221) & (W216) Daimler Benz & AMG currently offer worldwide, but all that changes with the next new range of (W222)S-Class line-up, etc...

Best of Luck with your CL65 adventures & marvelous other events which take place too.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by Sher Judge
If your AMG CL65's are so ''RARE'', it's absolutely amazing how, you the only one here that's owned so many of them too?????????

Is someone at ''AMGs'' paying you too write all this ???? stuff on how reliable an older model CL65AMG W215 is and how rare it is? If so, "What they paying you''?

Or maybe you want to sell a whole bunch cross-country, in the Continental USA. Sounds like a tricked out plan to selling, W215 CL65's. I hope they not all the same engine mileages........???

Yes they the Best & Overly powerful, (W221) & (W216) Daimler Benz & AMG currently offer worldwide, but all that changes with the next new range of (W222)S-Class line-up, etc...

Best of Luck with your CL65 adventures & marvelous other events which take place too.
I doubt he is 15.
My 3lbs Yorkie is way smarter then this bozo....
Old 07-07-2011, 11:41 PM

S550 sport, CL550 sport, CL63 Designo

You have a nitrous injected escalade or you have the brand of nitrous thats made by NOS?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB CL63, BMW 328i
Thumbs down

I agree with your observation that CLs (215 or 216) are a rare sight in SE Florida ... but an Escalade is a status symbol? Absurd, especially in this area. It is the SUV of choice for every douche and vacuous housewife in the area. I see 10+ Escalades every time I'm at the gym or grocery store and I'd be willing to bet that 9 out of every 10 are driven by $30k millionaires.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by absent
I doubt he is 15.
My 3lbs Yorkie is way smarter then this bozo....
Yes, agreed, more like 12, nothing wrong, just
Old 07-08-2011, 07:30 AM

2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.

Well worth the extra fat

I kept my 65....

I can't get mad at you for your comments. You live in your own world. If you owned an Acura TL, it would be a BOSS car that everyone lusts over right. in your opinion, nothing looks or IS better than your CL65 or Escalade.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:17 PM

Back to the Topic, I know they rare in South Africa, we have more W221 S65's than W216 CL65's, also strangely enough, they de-preciate more than the S-class sedan S65 W221.

Rare, in South Africa, the W216 CL65 AMG defnitely is. This with a small number of facelift models around.

With the local recent(2 months ago) launch of the W216 CL63TT, this car will defnitely make for a more than ''Rare W216 CL65 BiTurbo AMG"
Old 07-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Banned

I love a good argument......

TMC-- much agreed my man the GTR is a head turner. From all sorts of folks ---- My CL65 since I lowered it and painted the wheels metallic high gloss black gets at least 3x the looks and attention it use too in stock form but nothing like my GTR did---- still I don't regret keeping the CL65 over it. The girlfriend hated the GTR ride and I barely drove it enough because it wasn't as comfortable to be in IMO--- I love the Magnetic ride of the CTS but the ABC to me is softer and sportier when compared to both cars being "lowered" and again it is just the simple fact of the coolness behind the CL65 and the stratospheric price it commands new is what also draws me to it over the Cadillac and other things

OLIVERK- I love u the best because u really are a *****--- anyway. Look I have owned all the cars you dream about driving or owning or see at the club and yes my Escalade does get more attention then a stock Bentley at DA CLUB fool.... Oh lord. Why? I guess I customized it tastefully and it is a gorgeous ride and stands out by far amongst a lot of cars simple fact---- look I see people ask about it when I valet it. And I get compliments all the time about it.... What can I say... I am just so much cooler then u and your S500
Now a little more sensitive area----
--- ???were you referring to my CL65 as junk because it has 95k miles on it? Again shows me you know jack about anything. I got a GMC pickup and Dodge Ram approaching 300k miles and are still running awesome. But you as A BENZ owner criticizes a CL65 for high miles? Guess what moron 95k miles is not high on a Mercedes. But again for a guy with his head up his *** about any kind of automobile and it's engineering I cease to even say no more. U said enough....

Absent- I was referring to the type of wheels fool... Lol. They are called "Slides". 24" in size--- a yorkie? Nice ..for your purse and the mall? Or just for a nice toy to keep around the house to impress the thieves when they walk in with the "Paris Hilton" fear it will emulate? I own a Pitbull. Gorgeous dog. And a man's dog..... Btw 2011 S63? why? You could of bought a 2007-2008 S65 for thousands less then the lease on that ..a very quickly depreciating 63 oil burner.... But wait there is more!!! You didn't buy the 65 because of the perception of giving your friends or whoever that you are a man?? Who bought a more powerful better car in the end. Damn even a S600. But a 63?? Sorry again I owned one and I just didn't see the point. A E63 maybe but if u are spending the money above $75k then a V12 would and should be the only option on a S class. Now a S550 is suffice if you are looking to be under $50k

Sher judge- No just a fan of the cars. Any 65 actually and yes I have owned a lot ....great cars. IMO the perfect Perfomance luxury cars on the planet...
And yeah at 95k miles my car as well as most of these V12's are at a fraction of their life.....

Zelement- NOS installed on the Escalade ...I clocked a 0-60 in 3.8 seconds ...it is AWD. And with it's cylinder cutoff and tune I get 21 mpg at a sustained 68 mph and 16 mph in the city---- not bad considering the new SRT'8's are doing less.

Top end 62- No in fact I love the NSX and even think the Acura TL is great looking car .... I base my opinion on comparisons of cars of a certain rarity and cost factor--- I think the E55 (my first ever AMG) is still a classic cool badass car and I think the CTSV is a good looking car as well...love the coupe but I don't think it is hotter then a CL65 and it doesn't command the same respect as an AMG because AMG has been notoriously reputed as a Mercedes super car since the E55 debuted in 2003.... Before that the Hammer was a magazine article car and was hardly spoken of or seen.... AMG took off in 2003 and hasn't landed. Again I think cars in general have become fascinatingly reliable and quick as hell over the last few or so years.... Even a Hyundai has even broken into a caliber car I wouldn't of expected hence the (Equus) which is a phenomenal car ....

Duke04Matt- Actually your car a CL63 would get a double look depending on where u are at and especially if you lower the car with the right set of wheels and it isn't Black...sorry but black kills the lines of certain cars and a CL is one of them....
But u are right there are Escalades everywhere...none that look like mine...it is still depending on where you are at which makes it a status symbol....this being told by every magazine that does a write up about it and certain people I know who are athletes and drive them...theirs are not stock and either is mine...
But to prove a point anytime u like. ...
We can meet up at the Blue Martini in Boca in the evening and we will valet park both our cars together... And I will let the outside host and valet guy make the call as to which vehicle...mine or yours gets the most amount of compliments...now if your car is setup then I will say we will be even on the outcome.....but I say if u are stock u will lose...I know this based on what they tell me when I go there and it is the same thing "hey everybody kept asking who owns the Escalade" and "The Cadillac got a lot of attention tonight again". I go there a couple times a week so I hear this often..... And I tell you what...If you get more attention or onlookers....I will buy you and your friends or wife or girl dinner and all the drinks you can handle partying with me....Again my Escalade is far from stock and it is a badass looking vehicle...owned by a guy who could own anything but chooses it......

Ok Your turn ladies
Old 07-10-2011, 09:40 AM

2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
TMC-- much agreed my man the GTR is a head turner. From all sorts of folks ---- My CL65 since I lowered it and painted the wheels metallic high gloss black gets at least 3x the looks and attention it use too in stock form but nothing like my GTR did---- still I don't regret keeping the CL65 over it. The girlfriend hated the GTR ride and I barely drove it enough because it wasn't as comfortable to be in IMO--- I love the Magnetic ride of the CTS but the ABC to me is softer and sportier when compared to both cars being "lowered" and again it is just the simple fact of the coolness behind the CL65 and the stratospheric price it commands new is what also draws me to it over the Cadillac and other things

OLIVERK- I love u the best because u really are a *****--- anyway. Look I have owned all the cars you dream about driving or owning or see at the club and yes my Escalade does get more attention then a stock Bentley at DA CLUB fool.... Oh lord. Why? I guess I customized it tastefully and it is a gorgeous ride and stands out by far amongst a lot of cars simple fact---- look I see people ask about it when I valet it. And I get compliments all the time about it.... What can I say... I am just so much cooler then u and your S500
Now a little more sensitive area----
--- ???were you referring to my CL65 as junk because it has 95k miles on it? Again shows me you know jack about anything. I got a GMC pickup and Dodge Ram approaching 300k miles and are still running awesome. But you as A BENZ owner criticizes a CL65 for high miles? Guess what moron 95k miles is not high on a Mercedes. But again for a guy with his head up his *** about any kind of automobile and it's engineering I cease to even say no more. U said enough....

Absent- I was referring to the type of wheels fool... Lol. They are called "Slides". 24" in size--- a yorkie? Nice ..for your purse and the mall? Or just for a nice toy to keep around the house to impress the thieves when they walk in with the "Paris Hilton" fear it will emulate? I own a Pitbull. Gorgeous dog. And a man's dog..... Btw 2011 S63? why? You could of bought a 2007-2008 S65 for thousands less then the lease on that ..a very quickly depreciating 63 oil burner.... But wait there is more!!! You didn't buy the 65 because of the perception of giving your friends or whoever that you are a man?? Who bought a more powerful better car in the end. Damn even a S600. But a 63?? Sorry again I owned one and I just didn't see the point. A E63 maybe but if u are spending the money above $75k then a V12 would and should be the only option on a S class. Now a S550 is suffice if you are looking to be under $50k

Sher judge- No just a fan of the cars. Any 65 actually and yes I have owned a lot ....great cars. IMO the perfect Perfomance luxury cars on the planet...
And yeah at 95k miles my car as well as most of these V12's are at a fraction of their life.....

Zelement- NOS installed on the Escalade ...I clocked a 0-60 in 3.8 seconds ...it is AWD. And with it's cylinder cutoff and tune I get 21 mpg at a sustained 68 mph and 16 mph in the city---- not bad considering the new SRT'8's are doing less.

Top end 62- No in fact I love the NSX and even think the Acura TL is great looking car .... I base my opinion on comparisons of cars of a certain rarity and cost factor--- I think the E55 (my first ever AMG) is still a classic cool badass car and I think the CTSV is a good looking car as well...love the coupe but I don't think it is hotter then a CL65 and it doesn't command the same respect as an AMG because AMG has been notoriously reputed as a Mercedes super car since the E55 debuted in 2003.... Before that the Hammer was a magazine article car and was hardly spoken of or seen.... AMG took off in 2003 and hasn't landed. Again I think cars in general have become fascinatingly reliable and quick as hell over the last few or so years.... Even a Hyundai has even broken into a caliber car I wouldn't of expected hence the (Equus) which is a phenomenal car ....

Duke04Matt- Actually your car a CL63 would get a double look depending on where u are at and especially if you lower the car with the right set of wheels and it isn't Black...sorry but black kills the lines of certain cars and a CL is one of them....
But u are right there are Escalades everywhere...none that look like mine...it is still depending on where you are at which makes it a status symbol....this being told by every magazine that does a write up about it and certain people I know who are athletes and drive them...theirs are not stock and either is mine...
But to prove a point anytime u like. ...
We can meet up at the Blue Martini in Boca in the evening and we will valet park both our cars together... And I will let the outside host and valet guy make the call as to which vehicle...mine or yours gets the most amount of compliments...now if your car is setup then I will say we will be even on the outcome.....but I say if u are stock u will lose...I know this based on what they tell me when I go there and it is the same thing "hey everybody kept asking who owns the Escalade" and "The Cadillac got a lot of attention tonight again". I go there a couple times a week so I hear this often..... And I tell you what...If you get more attention or onlookers....I will buy you and your friends or wife or girl dinner and all the drinks you can handle partying with me....Again my Escalade is far from stock and it is a badass looking vehicle...owned by a guy who could own anything but chooses it......

Ok Your turn ladies
so you go to the club just to stand in viewing distance of your vehicle to calculate the looks it gets for the night? When you introduce yourself to girls do you give say " HI MY NAME IS ____, AND I OWN A AMG" ? to be honest with you, I make the car, the car doesnt make me. How about you make us drool over your cars.. POST some pics lemme hear the excuses.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: w216 CL65 and its rarity