CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

w216 CL65 and its rarity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by 65number1
OLIVERK- I love u the best because u really are a *****--- anyway. Look I have owned all the cars you dream about driving or owning or see at the club and yes my Escalade does get more attention then a stock Bentley at DA CLUB fool.... Oh lord. Why? I guess I customized it tastefully and it is a gorgeous ride and stands out by far amongst a lot of cars simple fact---- look I see people ask about it when I valet it. And I get compliments all the time about it.... What can I say... I am just so much cooler then u and your S500
Now a little more sensitive area----
--- ???were you referring to my CL65 as junk because it has 95k miles on it? Again shows me you know jack about anything. I got a GMC pickup and Dodge Ram approaching 300k miles and are still running awesome. But you as A BENZ owner criticizes a CL65 for high miles? Guess what moron 95k miles is not high on a Mercedes. But again for a guy with his head up his *** about any kind of automobile and it's engineering I cease to even say no more. U said enough....
Yeah, I really dream about owning lowered piece of **** escalades with NAWWWZAZZZZ and 95k mile Cl65s. Guess what, if I wanted a cl65, I'd buy one. I prefer to own a real sports car, not a heavy, compromised GT car. Maybe as a daily beater.

Lol, you are so much cooler? the fact that you care how many "looks" your "tastefully (LOL) modified caddy gets at the club proves that you are far from cool. You buy cars for attention. I buy cars because of how they drive.

I've seen your little CL for sale (since when you claim you own these cars, you actually just flip them.) No one wanted your 95k mile CL, so you're stuck with it. Its probably worth about $25k at most in case you'd like to sell it.

You are a pathetic joke retarded munk...I laugh at people like you when you roll up to the "club" thinking you're hot **** because of some lame car. Nobody cares ace.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo
NOS installed on the Escalade ...I clocked a 0-60 in 3.8 seconds ...it is AWD.
HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

That is the funniest thing I have read in my entire life!
Please don't ban this guy, he really brightens up my day.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Worthless without pics
Old 07-10-2011, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by TopEndS62
so you go to the club just to stand in viewing distance of your vehicle to calculate the looks it gets for the night? When you introduce yourself to girls do you give say " HI MY NAME IS ____, AND I OWN A AMG" ? to be honest with you, I make the car, the car doesnt make me. How about you make us drool over your cars.. POST some pics lemme hear the excuses.
LMFAOOO!!!

Last edited by _AMG_; 07-10-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Zlaatan
HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

That is the funniest thing I have read in my entire life!
Please don't ban this guy, he really brightens up my day.
Whats funnier is that this guy claims he gets 21mpg.
Ya buddy, Im sure a 6.2 liter V8, 5800lbs SUV and 24" wheels are going to get you 21mpg.

Last edited by _AMG_; 07-10-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Banned

2005CL65 NOS injected Escalade
LMAO... forgive me Jesus.... For I have sinned

I am guilty of owning a high mileage CL65!!! Well I would rather own my CL65 with a blown engine and no wheels and no interior then a pristine S500!!! Just my two cents!!! And I am serious. Sorry but your car and u suck ***** still regardless of what u claim or come back at me and so on....funny thing is if we actually met...not knowing each other here I bet we would be great friends. Crazy *** life....

And I obviously buy cars based on many factors...my long list of previously owned cars shows that clearly.....

ATTENTION----- Kind of funny but I truly think u r a gay Benz owner....the kind that says "OMG ...I love AMG and Mercedes" But really would rather drive a BMW or a Audi Or a Mustang...why? Because u have on many occasions ragged on my CL65..... I am a diehard AMG guy....And we all know here the 65 is the best AMG has offered .....what kind of person who says they are a Mercedes fan actually calls a 95k mile CL65 a piece of garbage

I KNOW!!!! YOU DO....can we all say POSER....

---I already know your come back on that one...it will be "because all you do is say your car is the best and greatest". Yeah I do....it is a great car....one of the greatest Luxury sport coupes ever made...and actually the car made history when it was built as a 65... no other car in the world was capable of anything near it's ability of performance and comfort when it was built.....it was the first of anything like it in automotive history .... so yeah I actually put my car on a pedestal!!!!!!! BUT at 95k miles I should use it as a daily beater???? That is why I wouldn't sell it to a moron like you......what a shame ...no I will cherish it and put it on the pedestal it deserves ...
I AM ON A AMG/MERCEDES forum you IDIOT!!!!!! I am suppose to love and talk highly of my car....

TOPEND62-- I know u can read right? YOU ARE A FUNNY GUY!!! I mentioned and clearly stated that those comments were told to me by the front host and valet guys....WHEN I go back to pick up my Escalade....I am in the club...WTF would I know what is happening outside by my Escalade??? Oh my oh lord.....
LMAO ....and ...look my man ...I DO NOT go there looking for girls...u obviously do.....which is cool....a lot of hott girls go to some of the best clubs here in south Florida....but I have a hott girl now and I just go there with friends to party to endless hours....BTW.....I could care less what any girl thinks of my Escalade or CL65 or what I drive....it's my life not theirs.........and I care less what my girlfriend thinks as well...... I pay for them not her!!

I truly love coming back and seeing what some of you guys post...
A few of you are very cool and without a doubt worthy of everything u have in life. But then there are "The other Guys". IE Oliverk or little olive *****... Olive boo boo head!!!!

You know Oliverk I hope u get bitten by a Hello Kitty!!!! U previously crack deprived and obviously molested MUTINY of a worthless dime bag selling sexual predator!!! U know I love u right?? Lol

Zlattan- I did pull a 0-60 In less then 4 seconds on a few runs..... 125 hp wet shot plus the 450hp it has after the tune And AWD makes it easy as Oliverk jerking his little buddy to his exhaust sound of his awesome G Money pimping S500!!!!! lmao

AMG-- Yes I have gotten 21 mpg cruising on the highway as again I stated before not an average of 21 mpg....that is not possible

Goodnight ladies. See u soon.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 AM

S550 sport, CL550 sport, CL63 Designo
You didnt really answer the question. I dont know how you can inject NOS since NOS is a brand. N2O is nitrous not Nawwwss like fast and the furious.

What type of set up do you have? Wet? Dry? How many shot? I figure 150 shot is as much as you can go without blowing up your stock bottom with hypereutectic pistons. I say stock bottom because you didnt claim to have any work done plus the 21mpg. 0-60 in 3.8 sec? What's your 60ft? How did you "clock" that?

A 150 shot wil probabaly put down 120 rwhp on your escalade MAX! To be EXTRA generous lets just say you got 420rwhp on your 5800lbs truck, ON 24s ( which decreases your gearing ratio tremendously and significantly increases your rotation mass), your best 1/4 mile time should arrive in 14 secs. 14 sec 1/4 mile et should have a 0 to 60 time of 5.5 secs. To have an escalade even run 5.5 to 60 mph and low 14s with 24s sounds nearly impossible to me.

To run your claimed 3.8 to 60mph, you will need approximately 750 to 800rwhp in your 6000lbs truck.
Here is a simple 1/4 mile calculator. http://robrobinette.com/et.htm

Not super accurate but You get the point. YOUR CLAIM IS SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE.

Nitrous is a simple cheap bolt on mod that will knock down your 1/4 tme by 1 to 1.5 secs max without blowing up your motor. It is not a magical gas that will allow you to travel in hyper speed as portrayed by hollywood.

Last edited by zelement; 07-11-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:47 AM

S550 sport, CL550 sport, CL63 Designo
I see we both posted at the same time. Wet 125 shot with a single fogger should give you around 400rwhp.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:01 AM
Banned

It's a wet ZEX kit. 125 hp

I recorded 6 runs of the best being 3.8 seconds and the worst 4.3 on my
G-Tech Pro ----

remember is has an aggressive tune as well as a ram air k&n setup and also a free flowing 3.5 exhaust on it as well. Stock the hp is 410 by itself ...........

There are a lot of Escalades running 14's with just a filter setup..... Stock 0-60 is 6.8 based on the new 6 speed tranny....it has an aggressive shifting pattern

What makes it so quick is the Torque. It has a stock 415 lbs... torque moves mass not HP....HP is a derivative power figure for above 70 mph as I see it .... The calculation on this escalade with the extras plus the 125 shot is over 650 ft lbs of torque.....

I got 2.3 on my GTR a few times and hit a 3.2 as a best with my CL65 ....

I am sure I will get more haters on these numbers but what reason do I have to lie? Nope I don't one reason.

Last edited by 65number1; 07-11-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
G-Tech Pro ----

remember is has an aggressive tune as well as a ram air k&n setup and also a free flowing 3.5 exhaust on it as well. Stock the hp is 410 by itself ...........

There are a lot of Escalades running 14's with just a filter setup..... Stock 0-60 is 6.8 based on the new 6 speed tranny....it has an aggressive shifting pattern

What makes it so quick is the Torque. It has a stock 415 lbs... torque moves mass not HP....HP is a derivative power figure for above 70 mph as I see it .... The calculation on this escalade with the extras plus the 125 shot is over 650 ft lbs of torque.....

I am sure I will get more haters on these numbers but what reason do I have to lie? Nope I don't one reason.
G-TECH PRO...hahahah

ohhhhhh, an aggressive tune, a K&N, and an exhaust

so a stock escalade makes 417lb feet of torque. So now your 125 shot is adding 233lb feet of torque? (still waiting on wet or dry?)

Just admit that you are making all this **** up...because you are so full of it its coming out your ears.

You're lying to try to impress people, like you always do with these stupid threads...which always turn out with everybody agreeing you are full of ****.

Last edited by Quadcammer; 07-11-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
I am guilty of owning a high mileage CL65!!! Well I would rather own my CL65 with a blown engine and no wheels and no interior then a pristine S500!!! Just my two cents!!! And I am serious. Sorry but your car and u suck ***** still regardless of what u claim or come back at me and so on....funny thing is if we actually met...not knowing each other here I bet we would be great friends. Crazy *** life....

And I obviously buy cars based on many factors...my long list of previously owned cars shows that clearly.....

ATTENTION----- Kind of funny but I truly think u r a gay Benz owner....the kind that says "OMG ...I love AMG and Mercedes" But really would rather drive a BMW or a Audi Or a Mustang...why? Because u have on many occasions ragged on my CL65..... I am a diehard AMG guy....And we all know here the 65 is the best AMG has offered .....what kind of person who says they are a Mercedes fan actually calls a 95k mile CL65 a piece of garbage

I KNOW!!!! YOU DO....can we all say POSER....

---I already know your come back on that one...it will be "because all you do is say your car is the best and greatest". Yeah I do....it is a great car....one of the greatest Luxury sport coupes ever made...and actually the car made history when it was built as a 65... no other car in the world was capable of anything near it's ability of performance and comfort when it was built.....it was the first of anything like it in automotive history .... so yeah I actually put my car on a pedestal!!!!!!! BUT at 95k miles I should use it as a daily beater???? That is why I wouldn't sell it to a moron like you......what a shame ...no I will cherish it and put it on the pedestal it deserves ...
I AM ON A AMG/MERCEDES forum you IDIOT!!!!!! I am suppose to love and talk highly of my car....

But then there are "The other Guys". IE Oliverk or little olive *****... Olive boo boo head!!!!

You know Oliverk I hope u get bitten by a Hello Kitty!!!! U previously crack deprived and obviously molested MUTINY of a worthless dime bag selling sexual predator!!! U know I love u right?? Lol
sigh.

You'd rather own a car with no engine interior, or wheels than a perfect s500? Interesting choice. Not a very intelligent one, but that doesn't exactly surprise me.

And no, we would not be friends. I don't waste my time with clowns like you.

So I "iz a gay benz owner" huh?

I don't rag on the cl65...its a nice car, but nowhere near what you think it is. The reason I even address this is because you are so hopelessly retarded when you talk about this car. You make up stupid stories about people looking at you, focus on rarity when obviously nobody cares, and act like you are king dingaling because you sell some used cars in florida like you're the CEO of autonation.

The greatest luxury sport coupes ever made? who cares. Btw, the Bentley Continental GT has similar performance and way more luxury and it was introduced in 2003. once again, nobody cares. Its not a sports car, its just a cheap used mercedes now.

As for the rest of your comments, I think its pretty clear that you have the maturity of a 12 year old. Then again, thats not real surprising either.

how was your weekend retarded munk?
Old 07-11-2011, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 174 Likes on 144 Posts
SL55, S500
Are there any pictures of your CL65 and Escalate RM? Maybe a photo of you in them too?

Oly, I guess he's never been to the meatpacking district.

DA CLUB FO SHO with JEROME AND LAQUITA haha
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 AM

2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.

TOPEND62-- I know u can read right? YOU ARE A FUNNY GUY!!! I mentioned and clearly stated that those comments were told to me by the front host and valet guys....WHEN I go back to pick up my Escalade....I am in the club...WTF would I know what is happening outside by my Escalade??? Oh my oh lord.....
LMAO ....and ...look my man ...I DO NOT go there looking for girls...u obviously do.....which is cool....a lot of hott girls go to some of the best clubs here in south Florida....but I have a hott girl now and I just go there with friends to party to endless hours....BTW.....I could care less what any girl thinks of my Escalade or CL65 or what I drive....it's my life not theirs.........and I care less what my girlfriend thinks as well...... I pay for them not her!!
Oh trust me I can read into the fact that you are you claim your a die hard AMG fan. However, there are numerous guys on this forum with multiple AMGs, and none of them come across as idiotic as you. Quite honestly, your actually a disgrace to most, if not all AMG owners on this forum...... NOW THE QUESTION IS CAN YOU READ?????????????????? I started this forum because I am in the middle of purchasing a W216 CL65, and then you jump in the middle of MY thread with your "HI GUYS, LOOK AT ME I HAVE A AMG TOO" bullshlt comments. Dude, this thread actually has nothing to do with you... All your post go off on tangents. Did your parents slap you up so much as a child, that you grew into a man(I hope) that cannot seem to have a coherent thought process? no really, answer that! And as far as your Escalade goes, No one ****in' Cares bro... why the hell can't you see that? Now please, please, please do not think for a moment that I'm actually responding out of anger, I'm not, because it's actually not your fault that you have to make up for your insecurities. You have to prove yourself, It is obvious. Me on the other hand do not, You need a valet to validate you. Your a disgust to the CL-AMG forum.

Now that I am done giving my 2cents, go ahead little boy make up for your small package with your big reply.

Last edited by TopEndS62; 07-11-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:16 AM

2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
Scroll up and read post 1 - 4.... Proving that this guy needs friends.... This thread has nothing to do with this clown!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:27 PM

2003 CL55 AMG
I found this thread pretty interesting in the beginning when 65number1 AKA retardedmunk started claiming how reliable his CL65 BUT the more he posts, it becomes more clear and ovious that he's an immature, un-intelligent, DELUSIONAL, egotistic, idiotic moron that's just full of shieeeet who doesn't make any sense what so ever on everything he writes and claims.

I'm sure he's a used car sales man who scams people for a living. I can just smell the doucheness from the way he speaks and can totally see him going: "This 200k mile Camry does 0-60 in 2.0 seconds, why would i lie? what reasons do i have to sell you a bad car?" LOL

Last edited by cl55er; 07-11-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:38 PM

Turbo
G-Tech Pro ----

You really need to return that G-Tech Pro.. Maybe you're not lying about the numbers that you saw on the G-Tech. But the G-Tech is definately lying to you.

However the wierd thing is that you actually believe it.. Anyone who have been around high hp cars and is over 12 years old will know that a 6000lbs Escalade will not run a sub 4sec 0-60 with your mods. Ever.

And your 3.2 in the CL65?
The Kleeman CL 60, 627hp/769lbf does 0-62 in 4.2sec
Brabus SV12 S (based on the SL but still) 730hp/811lb does it in 4 dead.

Can you tell me what you did to your 65 to make it run a full second faster than these cars? Faster even than the straight line monster, the Corvette ZR1?

(Sorry TopEndS62 that your thread turned in to this farse..)
Old 07-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Banned

Lol--- everybody here jumped your thread dip****

Oliverk-- look man u own a S500 and u have never owned a 65 or a AMG if so u would have it now instead of a S500. So why do u ...an individual who has no experience with these cars even worry or post in an AMG area?? No life?

I think TOPend you have me mixed up with some other members here... U joined a smear campaign for being a follower as the rest.... And yes there are plenty of AMG guys who are restless about their cars trust me....I have a ton of friends who own them. And they don't trash the same guy who owns the same car....

FYI fellow suicide bombers... I do not sell cars. ... I haven't sold a car for a profit in a long time.... What I do though is network and find and locate certain cars for members and friends who in turn buy them with me negotiating .... So a majority of the AMG owners here have dealt with me and haven't even known it.... I currently am in partnership in an information gathering company that is a politician's worst enemy and those who feel the need to threaten or jeapardize our government's current state of grace

Cl55 is another moron who like the rest who couldnt get the actual equation to YOUR question simply stated.... I have no insecurities... These forums were designed for us losers obsessed with our transportation needs to gallop and gallop away at such ridiculous gander. I speak my mind and tell it like it is

TOPend You had nothing to say when I mentioned I need no girl or woman to validate my vehicle....just joined the campaign of crap members like Oliverk who have never even owned a AMG continued to fornicate... Maybe? maybe u will find that w216 u want...
But in the end u ended up with a crap thread based on the other people here who like to express negative feedback not from me as you can see below--

My original post--- answering your question to the rarity.... Then
Every "following" wannabe glorified member had an answer to everything --mostly the reliability without even owning one of these cars---

The 2005-2006 CL65 IS RARER THEN A-------
BUGATTI VERYON
SLR
ZR1
GT40
SLS
CARRERA GT
GALLARDO
LP640
ENZO
F430
PHANTOM
shall I go on????

Info--- around 2500 LAMBOS are made yearly
and close to 4000-5000 BENTLEY GT's are
made yearly

ARE THEY RARE??? YOUR DAMN RIGHT!!
I OWN A 2005---ONLY 187 WERE BUILT in 2005-2006
I prefer the older style for the cost and look

I WONDER DAILY WHY THEY ARE SO CHEAP?? $40K GETS YOU A 2005
PEOPLE SAY ..OMG THEY ARE EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN...BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE OWNED MANY 65's and they all cost me less then my DODGE 1500 TO MAINTAIN

I HAVE 95K MILES ON MY CAR..STILL IS LIKE NEW...THE LAST REPAIR WAS MADE 60K MILES AGO.....I GOT THE VMI FOR PROOF......TRY THAT WITH A LAMBO OR FERRARI

IF MORE PEOPLE REALLY KNEW ABOUT OUR CARS...AND THE RELIABILITY ..THEY WOULD NEVER BE FOR SALE...EVER!!....
Old 07-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Banned

I think TOPend has got his answer by now

zlaten-- those figures on the Brabus and the magazines are with stock tires... I ran in under 3.5 with perfect traction... My car also ran a 11.4@ 121. Stock... Excellent outside temps but stock.... Any 0-60 calculator will put a cl65@ 3.7-3.8... Traction limited. Again torque is the reason why any calculator can't be accurate and traction is a serious problem..

My stock GTR got 0-60 in 3.0 as a best.... Using the launch and less a tenth without it.

Yes my escalade did that actual numbers. It is hellish out of the hole...
Old 07-11-2011, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Oliverk-- look man u own a S500 and u have never owned a 65 or a AMG if so u would have it now instead of a S500. So why do u ...an individual who has no experience with these cars even worry or post in an AMG area?? No life?

IF MORE PEOPLE REALLY KNEW ABOUT OUR CARS...AND THE RELIABILITY ..THEY WOULD NEVER BE FOR SALE...EVER!!....
My god you are dumb. Not every 216 CL65 is being sold new by a dealer. They were purchased, and yet people moved on. Strange considering its the best rarest car ever made according to you...maybe they were tired of the looks, maybe they were tired of the poor reliability, and maybe they decided that there were better cars out there.

I have driven a whole bunch of 65s, my father has an Sl55, and yet I have nothing more than a passing interest in getting one. If it fell into my lap, sure, but I prefer the options in my 500 as opposed to the 300 additional hp that I will never use since when I want to drive hard I use my real sports car.

The only reason I post here is to call you out on your ridiculous bull****.
zlaten-- those figures on the Brabus and the magazines are with stock tires... I ran in under 3.5 with perfect traction... My car also ran a 11.4@ 121. Stock... Excellent outside temps but stock.... Any 0-60 calculator will put a cl65@ 3.7-3.8... Traction limited. Again torque is the reason why any calculator can't be accurate and traction is a serious problem..

My stock GTR got 0-60 in 3.0 as a best.... Using the launch and less a tenth without it.

Yes my escalade did that actual numbers. It is hellish out of the hole...
Do you not realize that your gtech is bull****. Compare that POS to real testing devices.

Of course you have perfect traction. What was the 60ft time and 1/8 mile times on your magical run.

once again, cut the bull**** junior.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 PM

2003 CL55 AMG
65number1, OliverK or anybody else can post comments he/she feels like posting. They don't need to own a CL AMG to post here, everybody has different purpose and reasons, it could be educational, social, or just to point out bull****ters like you. Who are you to decide who can post on this section of the forum or not and make immature assumptions as to "no life?". Your stupid idiotic comments like this and everything else clearly shows the type of moron you are.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
: eek:
Old 07-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Banned

Grane-- lol. That actually put a smile on my face

Seriousy I have been dealing with this toothache and u made my day

Actually CL55er. U jumped on here and opened your mouth for absolutely no reason other then to comment on me... Wanna see your post? And u say u I am a moron for saying someone has no life...at least me and no life Oliverk were here first!!!! Lmao... Idiots.... Idiots!!!!

Oliverk- please your dad owns SL55? Ok? U have driven a ton of 65's? But no ownership...And u beat up on the reliability because u hear they are not?....ok u r the go to guy on these cars.... Yeah true u will never really use the hp... But your 500 and my 65 are not too far off on gas mileage so why not have the S65? Why not own a better version of the car u have now? U simply cannot afford it or u are not a fan of AMG...

We can keep calling each other on bull**** .... Or just call it like it is...bull****

Btw a real sportscar? God please tell me u are not referring to a 996? Because if u are... U are beyond a doubt better off in a CL65 u like to not admire as a performance car.... A 996 to me is a hopped up VW.... A 997 is a whole different car... IMO A GTR is the best of them all..... But again I could care less ... I prefer to own my car over them all.... I am a fan of comfort nowadays... I don't see a slalom course on the street when I leave to go driving...

Last edited by 65number1; 07-11-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
PORSCHE PANAMERA TURBO LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO SL600 E55 BRABUS*SOLD*
My neighbor has an 06 W220 body S65 stock. He ran a 0-60 time of 3.85
and 1/4 mile in 11.77. He would have been faster on cooler temp day. The track temp was over 116. I don't doubt the CL65 may be slightly faster- if you can hook up.

They are RARE no doubt but even rarer is a buyer for them.
The price they are currently at seems like a steal with the performance you get but I think the no warranty-and costs keep potential buyers away.
I'm currently in the market for a nice 220 body S65even though my Benz tech was warned me to stay away.

Last edited by AZBENZ-CTSV; 07-11-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Banned

Well stated CBenz

True a buyer is tough... As for repairs ...Personally I have had great luck with them--- I am not too aggressive when I drive and I keep the setting on sport mode which may explain my Non existing ABC repairs... Either way I love the car and I feel fortunate to own one and have owned many and for those who don't give the car a chance for it's reliability always just envy the guy who does like myself who has stated I have had no issues with my car and then a ton of people who never owned one come out tom say it is a disaster and should stay clear of owning one without a warranty

Go get one...the S65 is a insane sedan for under $50k.... I would take one over a C63 or E63 all day long....U know it and seriously I really have owned as many as I say I have and have had no regrets or outlandish repair costs... they are all that and a bag of chips....

INTERESTING -- I found out today that the new C63 coupe and sedan is still getting the NA 6.3 in the 2012's.

WHY?? AMG engineers are saying that the chassis can't handle the torque and they won't risk the BITURBO in the model

Surreal it may be but I have been told by a few AMG trained GM's that the CL -- and S class from last gen to the current gen is considered the strongest by many as far as integrity and body flex... In essence he stated that even 500,000 miles on one of those chassis's is nothing as long as the car isn't in a bad accident---

I just say at 96k miles my car still feels like new car on the road

ANYBODY WANT PICS? SEND EMAIL ADDRESS. tx

Last edited by 65number1; 07-12-2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
True a buyer is tough... As for repairs ...Personally I have had great luck with them--- I am not too aggressive when I drive and I keep the setting on sport mode which may explain my Non existing ABC repairs... Either way I love the car and I feel fortunate to own one and have owned many and for those who don't give the car a chance for it's reliability always just envy the guy who does like myself who has stated I have had no issues with my car and then a ton of people who never owned one come out tom say it is a disaster and should stay clear of owning one without a warranty

Go get one...the S65 is a insane sedan for under $50k.... I would take one over a C63 or E63 all day long....U know it and seriously I really have owned as many as I say I have and have had no regrets or outlandish repair costs... they are all that and a bag of chips....

INTERESTING -- I found out today that the new C63 coupe and sedan is still getting the NA 6.3 in the 2012's.

WHY?? AMG engineers are saying that the chassis can't handle the torque and they won't risk the BITURBO in the model

Surreal it may be but I have been told by a few AMG trained GM's that the CL -- and S class from last gen to the current gen is considered the strongest by many as far as integrity and body flex... In essence he stated that even 500,000 miles on one of those chassis's is nothing as long as the car isn't in a bad accident---

I just say at 96k miles my car still feels like new car on the road

ANYBODY WANT PICS? SEND EMAIL ADDRESS. tx
I'm pretty sure AMG was thinking that a Biturbo in a small car like the C63 coupe would be a little too insane in terms of power (Why do you think AMG de-tunes the M156 engine for the C class), The chassis in the C63 would hold up just fine, if anything it would be the transmission you should be worried about which isn't the case.

Last edited by _AMG_; 07-12-2011 at 04:14 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: w216 CL65 and its rarity