CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Speedriven V12 SS Downpipes/DIY Flanges

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 04:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL65
I guess not then!
Old 08-09-2015, 03:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 CL600
They are surely still around. Marcin spent a very large block of time helping me figure out what direction I should go in for my car. I placed an order with them for the tune for my car and they ith the MyGenius tool in my hands in 2 days. Very quick response time and once I received the unit I got my base file done and sent back to him for modification, he returned my modified tune to me and I loaded it to the MyGenius in under 24 hours. I don't think it gets better than that. He told me specifically on the phone that they were still working out things between the move and if I couldn't get ahold of him to please keep trying. I have been sending emails to the sales@speedriven.com email address and gotten a response every time. Keep trying, he will respond.

Regards,
Marc
Old 08-09-2015, 09:55 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
sl600
Kk100 our cars have primary and secondary cats which are quite restrictive due to emission laws however when you replace the downpipes these are removed, then you have a couple of options.

Catless means no cats at all, this will not pass any emissions tests including the MOT. 200cell sports cats are the minimum you can getaway with and do not restrict the flow very much.

I am in the UK also, I went for 200cell sport cat option. You can see my build if you search wide body Sl600 v12.

Are you on the MBclub.co.uk site also?
Old 08-09-2015, 05:11 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by 400RWHP
They are surely still around. Marcin spent a very large block of time helping me figure out what direction I should go in for my car. I placed an order with them for the tune for my car and they ith the MyGenius tool in my hands in 2 days. Very quick response time and once I received the unit I got my base file done and sent back to him for modification, he returned my modified tune to me and I loaded it to the MyGenius in under 24 hours. I don't think it gets better than that. He told me specifically on the phone that they were still working out things between the move and if I couldn't get ahold of him to please keep trying. I have been sending emails to the sales@speedriven.com email address and gotten a response every time. Keep trying, he will respond. Regards, Marc
Cheers. Yes after a while they got back to me - still considering if I bite the bullet or not
Old 08-09-2015, 05:29 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by F1BHP
Kk100 our cars have primary and secondary cats which are quite restrictive due to emission laws however when you replace the downpipes these are removed, then you have a couple of options. Catless means no cats at all, this will not pass any emissions tests including the MOT. 200cell sports cats are the minimum you can getaway with and do not restrict the flow very much. I am in the UK also, I went for 200cell sport cat option. You can see my build if you search wide body Sl600 v12. Are you on the MBclub.co.uk site also?
Thanks F1BHP

So if I was looking to do this I would need the 200cel sports cats - did you get yours from speeddriven? If I went this route what is the main advantages over the stock system on my CL65? I got a price but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Just seen your built thread looks fabulous and must have costed you a fair bit to get all that done!

Yes I am on MBclub also there are some good guys on there. I tend to go on here more and more as there is a lot more information on the 65 engine cars.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:24 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
sl600
I used the Kleeman downpipes but I am sure speedriven would be as good it is just easier to get Kleeman in the UK.

The advantage is mainly sound however with a custom tune you can gain good amounts of power also.

Custom cold air intake would be a good thing to add with the downpipes. Speak to Paul at Eurocharged in Watford, he has been working on a few of these V12's recently.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by 400RWHP
They are surely still around. Marcin spent a very large block of time helping me figure out what direction I should go in for my car. I placed an order with them for the tune for my car and they ith the MyGenius tool in my hands in 2 days. Very quick response time and once I received the unit I got my base file done and sent back to him for modification, he returned my modified tune to me and I loaded it to the MyGenius in under 24 hours. I don't think it gets better than that. He told me specifically on the phone that they were still working out things between the move and if I couldn't get ahold of him to please keep trying. I have been sending emails to the sales@speedriven.com email address and gotten a response every time. Keep trying, he will respond.

Regards,
Marc
Things should be more settled now (although we did lose power about halfway through Friday afternoon), so getting in touch should be easier. Email and phone is best, since we don't usually frequent the forums (and we unsub'ed from this thread months ago!).

Just a quick FYI: we don't usually offer the DIY flanges anymore.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by F1BHP
I used the Kleeman downpipes but I am sure speedriven would be as good it is just easier to get Kleeman in the UK.

The advantage is mainly sound however with a custom tune you can gain good amounts of power also.

Custom cold air intake would be a good thing to add with the downpipes. Speak to Paul at Eurocharged in Watford, he has been working on a few of these V12's recently.
Agree re: intake, but unless you address the intercooler situation you won't gain much and likely won't feel it. The ICs are your next big choke-point.