CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

ABC hoses

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
ABC hoses

So I blew a hose on my ABC system, but thank God it happened in my driveway while the car was idling and I was walking to it. When I got in the car I saw the white ABC warning so I pulled the car in the garage right away and shut it off. The dead end hose has been replaced on my car once already and the leak is up front, but I have not gotten under the car to check out what hose blew this time. Looks like I lost about 2 quarts of fluid total so hoefully the pump is good still. I already have 10 liters of CHF, and am planning to replace all the air cells while working on the suspension.

My question is, what hoses have blown on your CL?

From my research on this and the other site, I've only seen people talk about the main pressure hose, the dead end hose next to it, and one that crosses over the transmission. If I have to repair it I'd just as soon replace all the failure prone hoses now that the car is down and almost 10 years old, rather than do one now and 6 months down the road be doing it again.

Please post and tell me what hoses you have personally had or have seen fail. If you happen to have a part # post that too!

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,003 Likes on 810 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
If you can see it and it was rubber, mine blew. No BS. I think I replaced every damn hose on the car one by one. Go ahead and have them all remade and do it at once and be done for 70k miles.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 328 Likes on 265 Posts
2006 S600
I've replaced all the hoses in my w220 engine compartment, more of a precaution than a necessity. One actually failed and one looked like it was about to.

Its only a matter of time. I think that any hoses exposed to engine heat should be replaced every five years, and the other ones when they start seeping.

Temperature aside, its usually the hoses that are exposed to high pressure that are vulnerable.

MY other advice is to shield every hose with firesleeve, or some thing similar. I think that protects them well.

Nick