CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

need help with cell phone malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
need help with cell phone malfunction

hi, 2004 mercedes cl600. everything works except the cell phone. i have an activated mercedes cell phone that was working through my bluetooth system. i also have a bluetooth puck . that was working in the car. both stopped working. when either is connected screen says device not connected. i had the dealer check it out and he said everything was functioning properly. i find it odd that both the phone and puck would go bad at the same time. i do have a star diagnostic of my own, but can not seem to find a fault other than onstar does not work. i believe that there is a fault in the phone system, but can't seem to find it. can anyone help me out, or give me a starting point, or give me directions on how to further investigate on star. when the phone is connected the menu on the car first says connecting and after about 20 seconds changes to not connected. any advice is appreciated.
thanks
p.s. the cell phone works properly on it's own and used to work flawlessly in the car system so i imagine there is a problem in the car system. possibly bluetooth communication module, or es phone mobile device? saw these 2 on e-bay. thoughts.

Last edited by biker349; 07-05-2015 at 04:50 PM.