CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Throttle Actuator Problems, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CL55
Throttle Actuator Problems, Anyone?

Hey guys, so its been awhile now that my car has been choking/stuttering when driving. Almost feels like its misfiring but I just have my spark plugs and wires replaced. I had the car scanned out and the boss man thinks its ether the throttle actuator or the accelerator pedal. He ran some test and everything came out to be ok. On the drive back home, I noticed it got a lot worse. Before, my car would choke when I'm hard on the pedal but now it seems like it happens every time I accelerate.. Anyone have this problem? Please help me out, getting very tired of it now.... Thanks in advance.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
both choices could be correct. i'd go with the accelerator pedal first since it's fairly inexpensive and easy to install. when mine was bad it threw a code, but then started working again. i changed it out to make sure and then the tech found an intermittent short in my ignition module. replaced that and no more problems. i'm not sure if the throttle acuator is the same thing as the ignition module because mine is a v12. not sure if the ignition module throws a code as the tech figured mine out when i told him the symptoms. good luck.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:09 AM

Mercedes CL55
Originally Posted by biker349
both choices could be correct. i'd go with the accelerator pedal first since it's fairly inexpensive and easy to install. when mine was bad it threw a code, but then started working again. i changed it out to make sure and then the tech found an intermittent short in my ignition module. replaced that and no more problems. i'm not sure if the throttle acuator is the same thing as the ignition module because mine is a v12. not sure if the ignition module throws a code as the tech figured mine out when i told him the symptoms. good luck.
Thanks for your reply. Turns out I had a bad 02 sensor. Easy fix, now everything is running smooth.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
great. did the o2 sensor throw a code? i know the O2 and accelerator pedal should throw codes. how did you figure it out?
Old 08-10-2015, 12:33 PM

Mercedes CL55
Originally Posted by biker349
great. did the o2 sensor throw a code? i know the O2 and accelerator pedal should throw codes. how did you figure it out?
My car has been driving rough for awhile now but only when I'm hard on the pedal. It never threw any codes until just recently. I brought it to work to get it scanned out and it popped up that it was the throttle actuator and a bad O2 sensor. Got the sensor changed out and now it's all good. if anyone is having this problem, you should have your O2 sensors replaced because like I said, my car didn't throw a code until just recently.