CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Best Pulley Kit for my CL55 AMG??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Mercedes Benz CL55 AMG
Best Pulley Kit for my CL55 AMG??

Hey Guys! So, Wheels and Lowering Links are done and the car looks great! Now it's time for some performance parts.
I want to install a HIGH PERFORMANCE pulley kit for my car and i am not sure which company to go with (eurocharged, fabtech, etc...).
What pulleys kit do you have? Do you like them? Any advice is good!

(PS. i want to hear the supercharger, that WHINE!)
Old 09-30-2015, 11:00 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 CLS63 S AMG
To be honest I had the 83mm EC S/C pulley first and out here in VA it was winter at the time. The car pulled great but once the summer hit the heat killed all of those gains.

Like many say, work on cooling mods first. Some options are Heat Exchanger, Methanol Injection, Killer Chiller, Split Cooling, 10* fan mod, Heat Wrap, modified thermostat, I believe there are a few others but these are the ones that came to my mind. Also, try the e55 forum, those are more common and those guys happen to modify their cars more often.

Back to pulleys I have an 80mm Fixed/Clutchless Pulley and love it. I run mine without the resistor and its much more responsive than a clutched car but still keeps the butterfly flap open unless the car is on full boost. I see about 12-12.5lbs of boost at WOT. Hope this can help answer some questions.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Mercedes Benz CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by CerBErusM113
To be honest I had the 83mm EC S/C pulley first and out here in VA it was winter at the time. The car pulled great but once the summer hit the heat killed all of those gains.

Like many say, work on cooling mods first. Some options are Heat Exchanger, Methanol Injection, Killer Chiller, Split Cooling, 10* fan mod, Heat Wrap, modified thermostat, I believe there are a few others but these are the ones that came to my mind. Also, try the e55 forum, those are more common and those guys happen to modify their cars more often.

Back to pulleys I have an 80mm Fixed/Clutchless Pulley and love it. I run mine without the resistor and its much more responsive than a clutched car but still keeps the butterfly flap open unless the car is on full boost. I see about 12-12.5lbs of boost at WOT. Hope this can help answer some questions.
Definitely helped! i got fabtech intakes and heat exchanger and i cant wait to put it on! Yea i live in LA and it's pretty much summer here all the time -_- lol Eurocharge was actually what i was going for too! thanks man! goodluck with your car!
Old 10-09-2015, 01:50 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 CLS63 S AMG
Glad to hear it helped Mi55ile. EC is really the only name in the game for S/C pulleys unless you go with a UPD 77mm or fixed pulley. Good luck to you as well.