CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

stock or tuned help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 03:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cl55 - G55 - RRVogue Arden
stock or tuned help?

sup guys,

i would really appreciate if anyone could tell me whether my car is tuned or not.

i'm the third owner of cl55 2005, when i bought the car from the 2nd owner he told me it might be tuned but he wasn't really sure if it was and it seem that i'm in the same boat. The thing is that when i first bought the car like 2 months ago i took it to a tuning shop to know what he can offer and what no and i did mentioned that my car might be tuned and if he could kindly check whether its a stock pulley or not, he took a quick look and he was very positive that it was pulley and the pulley was in fact stock. so i took his words as his shop is one of the top tuners around. Early this week one of my friend was trying to give me a hard time, he drives Range Rover Sport SVR 2016 and he wanted to race i knew i didn't stand a chance but he insisted long story short we raced cl55 pulled really hard and it wasn't that close from 0-100 and from 60-100 cl55 was way ahead. Two days day i invited a friend for dinner he drives s65 2010 and he waned a piece as well, we raced from 0-60 and the cl55 stepped ahead even though the s65 jumped first...pics of the pulley is below.

do you guys think the ECU has been tuned or am i missing something, one thing to mention downpipe is changed to a straight pipe by the second owner, headers and exhaust are OEM AMG.
Attached Thumbnails stock or tuned help?-20151119_095257.jpg  
Old 11-19-2015, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
The illegal way is to take it out for a ride over 155 mph which is the standard speed limiter. Almost every tuner removes it when re-flashing the computer. Not many people have access to do that else where so I don't recommend. Its hard to compare based on racing cars, the power difference between you at stock and the RR is around 50 hp right? The weight difference may give you a simple advantage. I don't know what the weight difference is with the S65 but they are tankers. However, stock to stock HP it has a little over 100HP so that should result in an advantage towards the S65. Best way would be to put your car on a dyno. This has been done so many times by different cars with different 55 tunes. You may get a better representation on the motor's power in all different setups on the E55 forum. Remember people can change both upper and/or lower pulleys, but without additional supporting mods you would get hot quickly and lose some of that power if you get making pulls. Good luck and enjoy your car.