CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

A/C not getting cold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 02:11 AM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
2004 S600
Originally Posted by Dr Matt
I've thought of just buying one fitting and sending unit and place it in the line. That would help, but pre vs post intercooler temps would truly tell the whole story. Cool fluid going in with hot leaving would indicate low flow as the culprit. If the fluid going in is hot that would confirm it is a capacity issue. I just hate spending $200 to figure it out.
If my math on the btus is even remotely close, then it's a capacity issue. But if you add capacity, it won't help unless you can flow it all through in that 10 seconds so it would become a flow problem. I think you're just kind of on the edge of both. Which is another way of saying your current setup is probably fairly well matched to itself flow/capacity wise.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:20 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Buick T-Type, 70 cuda, S65 and a very FAST Truck!
Did you get an updated Eurocharged tune when you deleted your cats?

There are just so many variables when you are at the track. Density altitude, humidity, fuel, and headwind are huge factors that add up quickly. Run again to get a better baseline if you can.

From the pictures I see your airboxes are gone, what set up are you running? I can't tell from the pictures.

Thank you very much for sharing your expierences with us. I am very interested in what you think of the KC on the track, but especially on the street.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
I did not get an updated tune yet, but I will next week. Won't get to the track until July 4th though. DA probably will be worse then.

I was running the same fuel, VP MS109, from a fresh drum. Had a bit of wind, but it was sideways, and it is there about 90% of the time at our track.

At the track I am running my home made CAI, which is just a couple flex hoses from the turbos straight to the core support tubes that normally connect the air box to the core support.

The KC on the street without question gives me colder daily IAT's all the time than I ever had with the stock heat exchanger.

Last edited by Dr Matt; 06-03-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:09 PM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
2004 S600
Originally Posted by Dr Matt
I did not get an updated tune yet, but I will next week. Won't get to the track until July 4th though. DA probably will be worse then.

I was running the same fuel, VP MS109, from a fresh drum. Had a bit of wind, but it was sideways, and it is there about 90% of the time at our track.

At least he track I am running my home made CAI, which is just a couple flex hoses from the turbos straight to the core support tubes that normally connect the air box to the core support.

The KC on the street without question gives me colder daily IAT's all the time than I ever had with the stock heat exchanger.
I never did get a retune for the dat delete...no check engine light thrown for it yet. It's possible Jerry pre-emptively turned off the catalyst monitoring for me.