CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

WTB: lo mileage depreciated AMG- not black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTB: lo mileage depreciated AMG- not black

I want to add an AMG car to my collection- looking for a lo mileage vehicle ( or maybe a medium mileage with full service - I just bought a 996 Turbo for the track- I did not mind 75K miles because the previous owner had basically rebuilt everything- turbos/suspension/etc and interior was very clean) in excellent condition and any color but black because I live in Florida! I have learned my lesson about depreciation when I purchased a 1993 SL600 in 1996. I paid 70 grand which was 50 grand off of what the first buyer paid- but now this car may be worth 10 grand so I have lost about 60 grand (plus maintenance expenses). Yes it is a beautiful car, only has 75K miles, and has the same HP as my Testarossa. It is a keeper. Well I want to move into this century and i have seen some nice AMG's. There is $30000 CL65 2005 with under 50K miles in Pottsville PA on Autotrader- seems like a good deal- I know the ABC is a time bomb and I am ready to replace it with coilovers at the first sign of warning. Also there is a scary Edmunds long term test with a similar vehicle that had a valve seal leak. So I know I need a good PPI with a Star diagnostic and a compression leakdown. Any ideas? Yes I am a horsepower junkie!
Old 11-19-2016, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CL65
Have you had any luck finding a nice CL65? Mine has 32,000 miles on it. 2006. Sahara beige interior and, what I would call champagne exterior.(a rare travertine color). Most ABC components replaced. The car is not listed anywhere and I'm at the early stages of considering its sale. Interior and exterior mint, clean car fax.
Randy