CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

2005 CL65 AMG, troubleshoot fuse 78

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CL65 AMG
2005 CL65 AMG, troubleshoot fuse 78

Hi Guys
I'm new to the forum, any advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I just acquired 2005 CL65 AMG, it is in a no start condition, i'm working on it with a hope of getting it up and running. Couple of thing i need immediate help with, first the fuse 78 in the cockpit on the passenger side is blown and it blows out immediately the moment I insert a new fuse. I have partly troubleshooted , I checked the fuse chart and saw that fuse 78 is related to 6 things, anti theft alarm system, windscreen wipers, ignition lock, engine management unit, adjustable steering wheel, and cruise control. I disconnected the first three sequentially and changed the fuse but no luck, it blew immediately. My question is i'm not able to locate the last three to be able to disconnect them and check the fuse. Kindly advise if i'm doing the right thing and help me locate the adjustable engine management unit, steering wheel and cruise control.

Also my windows won't roll up and no light in the cockpit, but the instrument cluster works and the radio works, seats control is working and none of the other buttons in the cockpit work, please advice