CLA Coupe (C117) 2014-present

Illuminated star install guide

Old 01-31-2014, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 250
Illuminated star install guide

Can somebody help find a install guide for the illuminated star for 2014 CLA 250 .

I found the one for the M204 here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/RA...ted_star_2.pdf
Old 08-11-2016, 11:38 AM

CLA250
Wow looks like this question hasnt been answered, posted over a year ago lol

Its a simple install, I just did this last week Friday. (You will need to purchase the oem wire harness). The part number for the CLA250 harness is: A1178200300. I found it on eBay for $90.00, or you can buy from the dealer for $180.00

1. remove existing star by twisting it counterclockwise until you hear a click and remove
2. using a flashlight look inside opening and partially unclip black plastic exhaust panel to create an opening to fish wire harness thru
3. pop the hood and fish the star's connector side on harness through top. you have to have one hand inside the opening in the front and one hand under hood front of car to kind of feel around until you can feel your other hand.
4. once star connector side is thru, run remainder of cable alongside wiring under the hood, best to use tie wraps.
5. the other end of harness should have a connector for slot 23 in fuse box
6. for some reason the factory harness has a short ground wire with eye, you will have to cut and add wire to this so it can reach the ground screw on the right side under hood
7. That's all to it

Or you can refer to this youtube video thats specifically for the CLA250 I just felt like typing the instructions out. Hope this was helpful

Old 08-24-2016, 07:46 PM

2001 e320 2002 c240 1998 c230
Originally Posted by kcharlow555

Its a simple install, I just did this last week Friday. (You will need to purchase the oem wire harness). The part number for the CLA250 harness is: A1178200300. I found it on eBay for $90.00, or you can buy from the dealer for $180.00

1. remove existing star by twisting it counterclockwise until you hear a click and remove
2. using a flashlight look inside opening and partially unclip black plastic exhaust panel to create an opening to fish wire harness thru
3. pop the hood and fish the star's connector side on harness through top. you have to have one hand inside the opening in the front and one hand under hood front of car to kind of feel around until you can feel your other hand.
4. once star connector side is thru, run remainder of cable alongside wiring under the hood, best to use tie wraps.
6. for some reason the factory harness has a short ground wire with eye, you will have to cut and add wire to this so it can reach the ground screw on the right side under hood
7. That's all to it

Or you can refer to this youtube video thats specifically for the CLA250 I just felt like typing the instructions out. Hope this was helpful

as far as the ground goes when i install them i like to put it at the starter motors ground below the airbox. its a 13 mm and allows the length you need for the connector to reach the star with extra room.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:20 PM

05 s500
2013 ML350

Is it the same fuse number for a 2013 ML350? TIA
Old 04-29-2019, 10:28 AM

2014 cla 45 amg
Picture?

Not really sure the exact location of the starter motor ground wire. Do you have a picture? Much appreciated
Originally Posted by Jeremydionne6
as far as the ground goes when i install them i like to put it at the starter motors ground below the airbox. its a 13 mm and allows the length you need for the connector to reach the star with extra room.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:59 PM

1999 C43 AMG
Twist off star isn’t twisting

Originally Posted by kcharlow555

7. That's all to it

COMPLETE DIY MERCEDES BENZ CLA250 ILLUMINATED STAR GEN2 INSTALLATION per OEM instructions - YouTube

The twist off star isn’t the one I have. How do I remove the illuminated star to replace with normal star? I’m switching it to my new cla and can’t find a single article that helps