Weistec Anti Surge Valve for M133 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 07:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Weistec Anti Surge Valve for M133 AMG

After months of rigorous testing, we are pleased to announce our Anti Surge Valve for the M133 AMG (CLA45/GLA45/A45). A major shortcoming of AMG’s potent M133 engine is the lack of a bypass valve. When increasing your vehicle's performance, the absence of such a valve can inevitably lead to compressor surge and accelerated damage to the turbo.

Weistec Anti-Surge Valve’s (ASV) sole purpose is to permanently prevent compressor surge and premature wear on your vehicle’s turbo system. The valve allows compressed air to be vented to the atmosphere instead of back flowing into the compressor housing. Continuous back flow of compressed air can lead to detrimental damage to key turbocharger components. Back flowing compressed air slows the turbocharger's impeller wheel, requiring it to "respool" when a throttle input is made.

Weistec ASV not only prolongs the life of your turbocharger, but also improves throttle response by sharpening spool-up times. Furthermore, the system produces the infamous and highly sought after “blow-off” sound. This upgrade is a must for those seeking a bolt-on simple upgrade or planning on further upgrading their AMG 45 vehicle in the future.

Key Features:
- No Check Engine Light
- 100% Bolt-On Solution
- Easy 30 Minute Installation
- Increased Lifespan of Turbo
- CNC Machined Aluminum
- Hard Anodized to Military Spec
- Engineered and Manufactured in USA

These are in stock and ready to ship immediately. For product pricing and to place your order, please visit the following link:

http://weistec.com/m133-anti-surge-valve.html

Please contact us at (877) WEISTEC if you have further questions or concerns.

Weistec Engineering
Old 01-28-2015, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Very nice! I've been waiting to see more info on this since you released the video with the downpipe. Adding this to my wishlist.

What would be the advantage of having this part when you refer to "further upgrading their AMG 45 vehicle in the future"?

Last edited by soolman32; 01-28-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 WRX
Originally Posted by soolman32
Very nice! I've been waiting to see more info on this since you released the video with the downpipe. Adding this to my wishlist.

What would be the advantage of having this part when you refer to "further upgrading their AMG 45 vehicle in the future"?
Well the more boost is run, the higher the pressure of air returning through the compressor. So basically as power and boost increases and reaches much higher levels, this will protect the turbo.

Honestly very surprised that the car didn't come with one; but $600 for a DV is just too much IMO, even if it is Weistech branded. It's only made of CNC aluminum, and that's more double the cost of the best Synapse Valves on the market.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Welcome to ricer mod 101.
Reminds me of my Mazda MZR days.

JK guys

Glad to see a serious tuner involed in this platform.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
G63 AMG
+1 on the price.

$600 for cnc'ed aluminum diverter valve (compare $200~300) is too much imo.
but again, this car cost twice or more than rice cookers..
Old 01-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
Hoping to get this on our car as well.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:19 PM

CLA45 + GL450
Another great Weistec product.

Main question for me is if this will this void our MB warranty, despite the argument this will protect the turbo?

Dinan is a similar engineering company for enhancing performance with BMW's which has an agreement with BMW NA that warranties will not be voided?

Is there any of such with MB USA?
Old 01-29-2015, 05:05 PM

F150
I'm also interested in this product for my gla45 but feel the price point is questionable and curious about warranty.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:30 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
AMG GT63S
great to stumble upon this since being on the mercedescla.org side. good find and am looking to see updated vids and reviews!
Old 01-29-2015, 08:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Thank you all for the interest. The Weistec ASV is completely reversible with no need for permanent modifications to the vehicle. Furthermore, installation of the valve is simple and takes between 30-45 minutes. In regards to warranty, any M133 equipped with the valve can easily revert back to stock should voiding any warranty be a concern.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes C200 CGI, CLS350, CLA45 AMG, AMG GTS(ordered)
AMG designed the M133 engine with a BPV instead of a BOV and tuned it accordingly. If we install a BOV we have to make sure it will not affect the engine in some unintended way. Can Weistec please explain the design parameters as well as the results of the rigorous testing they did. It is pointless to say that the mod can be removed to preserve the warranty. If and when the car breaks down on the road and has to be towed to the dealer, it will be too late.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
The hardware itself was vigorously tested on a bench prior to vehicle testing. From there we test the part on multiple test vehicles that run through thousands of miles prior to release. This is typical of any parts we release. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Weistec Engineering
Old 01-29-2015, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Weistec
The hardware itself was vigorously tested on a bench prior to vehicle testing. From there we test the part on multiple test vehicles that run through thousands of miles prior to release. This is typical of any parts we release. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Weistec Engineering
Yes you can answer my questions directly. Thank you.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:34 PM

CLA45 + GL450
Originally Posted by Weistec

Weistec Engineering
Thank you for the reply. Can you please post pictures on this site or on your own site how the valve connects under the hood?

Looks like a great product.

All the best
Old 01-30-2015, 08:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C32 AMG
$600? hhahhahahah

i hope absolutely none of you guys buy it at that price....do your research guys....there will be other options,cheaper, the same if not better, in time.

lets work together here for the benefit of this scene.

weistec doesn't even offer measly free shipping on their insane products.

Last edited by dblock110; 01-30-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:56 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by bmwtarga
Another great Weistec product.

Main question for me is if this will this void our MB warranty, despite the argument this will protect the turbo?

Dinan is a similar engineering company for enhancing performance with BMW's which has an agreement with BMW NA that warranties will not be voided?

Is there any of such with MB USA?
the highly respected brabus and carlsson have some agreements with MBUSA like that cehck out their products. more coming out for cla45 too im told...

weistec i dont think does..

leaning toward the other two at this point. atleast with their prices u get something extra perhaps, not JUST the A55RAPE that weistec provides.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
03 Lexus IS300 (old faithful) / 91 3000GT VR-4 / 14 CLA45 AMG / 11 BMW X6M
Originally Posted by dblock110
$600? hhahhahahah

i hope absolutely none of you guys buy it at that price....do your research guys....there will be other options,cheaper, the same if not better, in time.

lets work together here for the benefit of this scene.

weistec doesn't even offer measly free shipping on their insane products.
I am all for new product being released but 600 for a damn BOV? Is there any evidence that this car needs an upgrade??
Old 01-30-2015, 09:09 AM

C32 AMG
no proof from weistec, and they dodged DDTUNG's question that started to get into how useful it actually is since car was made with an alternative to a BOV.

im sure to some people this $600 aint s*** so weistec will continue to do their thing and sell 10-20 of them whoopdy-do , but cmon now...

if no one buys their overpriced ****, their prices will simply have to come down to above-reality instead of above-outer-space

Last edited by dblock110; 01-30-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by ddtung
If and when the car breaks down on the road and has to be towed to the dealer, it will be too late.

Same goes for anything you add on. K&N filter, piggyback tune. Keep a stock filter in your trunk along with a pair of dikes and a torxdriver. So now you add an allen key to your trunk kit to remove BOV and all the other add ons, provided your car isn't on fire at the time. Different offset wheels could adversely affect wear on suspension components not to mention aftermarket coilovers. My point being if you want to add something be prepared to remove it or deal with the consequences. We all know it would suck if a tune crapped the bed or your turbo locked up. But those are two mods that can be relatively easily removed, although you may need a small set of tools to do so. As it stands if it doesn't say MB on it and isn't associated with your VIN don't put it on if you're going to worry about any mechanical failure.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:12 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
AMG GT63S
didn't anticipate the reaction although 600 plus shipping is pretty steep imo. subscribed. I too am interested but would like to know more
Old 01-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
We just ordered ours up. Will do a full review, install, and video. If all goes well we might get a group buy going for you guys.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:20 PM

2011 WRX
All of you guys are right. $600 for a BOV is insane. And since the car comes with a BPV, the car is tuned for that extra return of air. A BOV is going to lead to pockets of very fuel rich tuning.

Unless the BPV is made of plastic (which it isnt since we are running 26lbs of boost), or unless you are running well above stock boost levels (which no one is yet), or unless you are pushing massive power (also which no one is yet), then you may need a blow through system. Until then, OEM BPV is the safest and best option for your car and it's tuning.

This literally should be $250-$300, especially since it's not actually needed and is literally just a sound maker... Guy who mentioned 'ricer mod 101' hit the nail on te head.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:25 PM

CLA45 AMG
It takes time and effort to engineer a new product for any platform. Even if the material cost is minimal, a business still needs to be run. I'm not saying I agree with the price or think it's a bargain. My only point is that neither one of you whining in the paying vendor thread came up with this design or a solution for the car. It is your right to feel the price is too high but have enough decency to voice your opinions in a respectful manner. It's this kind of negativity that limits the time and efforts tuners are willing to put into a given platform. Why does the M3/4 always gets a ton of attention? because there is a market for and the people who buy those cars don't whine over a few hundred dollars. I'm not rich by any means but I'll save up and pay for a quality product if It's something that I want.

Last edited by soolman32; 01-30-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by J_Maher_AMG
All of you guys are right. $600 for a BOV is insane. And since the car comes with a BPV, the car is tuned for that extra return of air. A BOV is going to lead to pockets of very fuel rich tuning.

Unless the BPV is made of plastic (which it isnt since we are running 26lbs of boost), or unless you are running well above stock boost levels (which no one is yet), or unless you are pushing massive power (also which no one is yet), then you may need a blow through system. Until then, OEM BPV is the safest and best option for your car and it's tuning.

This literally should be $250-$300, especially since it's not actually needed and is literally just a sound maker... Guy who mentioned 'ricer mod 101' hit the nail on te head.
That's why I asked the questions that I did, and I am pretty sure that's why they were dodged. Now it is up to Weistec to prove that you and I are wrong.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:38 PM

CLA45 + GL450
Originally Posted by soolman32
It takes time and effort to engineer a new product for any platform. Even if the material cost is minimal, a business still needs to be run. I'm not saying I agree with the price or think it's a bargain. My only point is that neither one of you whining in the paying vendor thread came up with this design or a solution for the car. It is your right to feel the price is too high but have enough decency to voice your opinions in a respectful manner. It's this kind of negativity that limits the time and efforts tuners are willing to put into a given platform. Why does the M3/4 always gets a ton of attention? because there is a market for and the people who buy those cars don't whine over a few hundred dollars. I'm not rich by any means but I'll save up and pay for a quality product if It's something that I want.
Well spoken Soolman32. We should encourage tuners like Weistec, Brabus and other respectable ones to develop close ties with us the users and MB-USA manufacturer, so these products do not void factory warrenties, like BMW does with DINAN.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec Anti Surge Valve for M133 AMG