CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Got a CLA45?? Don't buy from Weistec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 06:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
03 Lexus IS300 (old faithful) / 91 3000GT VR-4 / 14 CLA45 AMG / 11 BMW X6M
Got a CLA45?? Don't buy from Weistec

Now I am sure there are some Weistec nut huggers on here so I **** you off too bad.

I also own my own business and I would hate to write anything bad about someone else business so it actually hurts me to write this but I am really annoyed.

Now when I had my cla45 I dropped 1900 bucks on their NO CEL catless downpipe. It was a nice piece and I really enjoyed the performance from the mod.

Issue 1 - My CEL came on for rear 02, obviously they didnt test this enough. I called them and they sent me a 02 spacer.

Issue 2 - My CEL for the same code came back on. They sent me another spacer but it was winter and I had to store my car.

Issue 3 - When I got the car out for spring Weistec offered me a free ECU tune if I purchased their BOV. Awesome deal right?? SO I did it. Installed everything and the car seemed to be faster but it ended up driving like crap, weird stuttering and throttle response. Paid for overnight shipping to check the ecu, got it back still ran like crap. Removed the BOV car ran slightly better. The BOV was getting stuck open because there was a piece of metal lodged in the piston of the BOV. I thought my problem was solved NOPE! Car still was sputtering and not running correct.

I wrote a great review on the tune because weistec gave me a deal and I wanted to do my part and help them out SO even though my tune was terrible I kept the review up, and weistec made some sales out of it I am sure.

I just wanted my car back to stock so I told weistec to please flash my car back to stock and refund me my money. Got my ECU back and the car ran perfect, thank god cause a week later I decided to pull the trigger on the C63 and Dump my CLA.

Weeks go by and I still didn't receive my refund. I heard back (and i have the emails saved) from other people not the east coast that received their ECU tunes from weistec and their cars run like crap. NOW I feel terrible for leaving my good review up and now other members are being screwed.

I hit up Weistec repeatedly for my refund. I wanted to give them the opportunity to make this right and I would still give them some business for 63 mods. I understand that you have to pay to play and not everything is perfect, these cars I'm sure are tricky to tune.

Problem 4 - I finally get my refund check and these scumbags hit me with a 18 percent restocking fee.

WTF - You hit me up offering me a deal on parts which were faulty and after all the over night shipping back and forth (100 each way) you hit me with a restocking fee?

I sell 20 dollar pre workouts and bodybuilding supplements and my customer service is 10000000000 times better than Weistec. Weistec sells very very expensive parts and their service sucks.

Weistec had the opportunity to keep my business for the C63. Sorry Weistec Jerry from Eurocharged just got my business.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA45 AMG
I just wouldn't ECU tune any new car especially if its the first one. i'm sorry to hear about your experience and hopefully you'll just get a car that satisfies your speed needs without modifications! I actually ran a C63 from 0 and won until 70 but i odnt think he has or was using race start. I don't want to hate on Weistec either but i've heard a lot of stuff on the other forum about their product not working well and sending their car into a **** hole. lol. Have fun with the C63 and just get a straight pipe!! Lol!
Old 07-25-2015, 11:09 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by jamesyot
Now I am sure there are some Weistec nut huggers on here so I **** you off too bad.

I also own my own business and I would hate to write anything bad about someone else business so it actually hurts me to write this but I am really annoyed.

Now when I had my cla45 I dropped 1900 bucks on their NO CEL catless downpipe. It was a nice piece and I really enjoyed the performance from the mod.

Issue 1 - My CEL came on for rear 02, obviously they didnt test this enough. I called them and they sent me a 02 spacer.

Issue 2 - My CEL for the same code came back on. They sent me another spacer but it was winter and I had to store my car.

Issue 3 - When I got the car out for spring Weistec offered me a free ECU tune if I purchased their BOV. Awesome deal right?? SO I did it. Installed everything and the car seemed to be faster but it ended up driving like crap, weird stuttering and throttle response. Paid for overnight shipping to check the ecu, got it back still ran like crap. Removed the BOV car ran slightly better. The BOV was getting stuck open because there was a piece of metal lodged in the piston of the BOV. I thought my problem was solved NOPE! Car still was sputtering and not running correct.

I wrote a great review on the tune because weistec gave me a deal and I wanted to do my part and help them out SO even though my tune was terrible I kept the review up, and weistec made some sales out of it I am sure.

I just wanted my car back to stock so I told weistec to please flash my car back to stock and refund me my money. Got my ECU back and the car ran perfect, thank god cause a week later I decided to pull the trigger on the C63 and Dump my CLA.

Weeks go by and I still didn't receive my refund. I heard back (and i have the emails saved) from other people not the east coast that received their ECU tunes from weistec and their cars run like crap. NOW I feel terrible for leaving my good review up and now other members are being screwed.

I hit up Weistec repeatedly for my refund. I wanted to give them the opportunity to make this right and I would still give them some business for 63 mods. I understand that you have to pay to play and not everything is perfect, these cars I'm sure are tricky to tune.

Problem 4 - I finally get my refund check and these scumbags hit me with a 18 percent restocking fee.

WTF - You hit me up offering me a deal on parts which were faulty and after all the over night shipping back and forth (100 each way) you hit me with a restocking fee?

I sell 20 dollar pre workouts and bodybuilding supplements and my customer service is 10000000000 times better than Weistec. Weistec sells very very expensive parts and their service sucks.

Weistec had the opportunity to keep my business for the C63. Sorry Weistec Jerry from Eurocharged just got my business.
Thanks for posting this cautionary feedback about your experience. Others on this forum appreciate this kind of information.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
This does not sound like the Weistec I know, I believe everything you are saying but it just does not sound right to me. I have only had personal experience with their M156/M159 product and just recently installed their M178 tune and downpipes on my GT-S but a very good friend of mine runs every CLA45 part Wesitec offers and the car is a daily driven rocket and he has had no dependability issues whatsoever. I guess every once in a while any manufacturer can produce a defective part, I have purchased 5 Samsung flat screen TV's over the past couple years and I recently bought my two sons identical Samsung tv's for their bedrooms on the same day, one worked like a charm and one was a POS that needed to be replaced under warranty lol, I guess the same thing can happen with aftermarket car parts every once in a while. It sucks when you are the guy that had to deal with that anomoly.

Have you been dealing with one of the owners or just one of their sales/customer service people? I suppose if you have just been dealing with some sales guy he may just be following "protocol" on the restocking fee crap. He may not have the authority to waive that or do anything for you but under the circumstances it sounds like maybe he should have escalated it. I can get ahold of one of the owners, I buy a lot of stuff from them over the years and have gotten to know those guys very well, that's why I said in the begining of my post that this does not sound typical of Weistec quality or service. I am going to shoot them both a text and a link to this thread right now so they know what's going on if they don't already know. Shoot me a PM if you would, I can probably get you in touch with them directly if you have not already done so in your own.

BTW, congrats on the C63 purchase is it one of the new ones with the 4.0 bi-turbo or a big NA 6.2L, can't go wrong either way.

Last edited by jrcart; 07-25-2015 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by jrcart
This does not sound like the Weistec I know, I believe everything you are saying but it just does not sound right to me. I have only had personal experience with their M156/M159 product and just recently installed their M178 tune and downpipes on my GT-S but a very good friend of mine runs every CLA45 part Wesitec offers and the car is a daily driven rocket and he has had no dependability issues whatsoever. I guess every once in a while any manufacturer can produce a defective part, I have purchased 5 Samsung flat screen TV's over the past couple years and I recently bought my two sons identical Samsung tv's for their bedrooms on the same day, one worked like a charm and one was a POS that needed to be replaced under warranty lol, I guess the same thing can happen with aftermarket car parts every once in a while. It sucks when you are the guy that had to deal with that anomoly.

Have you been dealing with one of the owners or just one of their sales/customer service people? I suppose if you have just been dealing with some sales guy he may just be following "protocol" on the restocking fee crap. He may not have the authority to waive that or do anything for you but under the circumstances it sounds like maybe he should have escalated it. I can get ahold of one of the owners, I buy a lot of stuff from them over the years and have gotten to know those guys very well, that's why I said in the begining of my post that this does not sound typical of Weistec quality or service. I am going to shoot them both a text and a link to this thread right now so they know what's going on if they don't already know. Shoot me a PM if you would, I can probably get you in touch with them directly if you have not already done so in your own.

BTW, congrats on the C63 purchase is it one of the new ones with the 4.0 bi-turbo or a big NA 6.2L, can't go wrong either way.
There are multiple members that got hit with the CEL and their are multiple members on the east coast that have sent their tune back and forth MULTIPLE times and their cars still run like crap. I understand your love for Weistec and you also have the luxury of just sending your cars there.

In my eyes this is just down right terrible customer service and terrible R&D on their parts.

This is coming from someone that sells 20 dollar pre workout supplements. I have customers that have issues daily and I make sure they are taken care of.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Why the hell would you post a false review of a tune. Do you just enjoy your fellow owners getting screwed on a crappy tune?

jeez.
The following users liked this post:
Gray_STi (03-04-2017)
Old 07-26-2015, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Why the hell would you post a false review of a tune. Do you just enjoy your fellow owners getting screwed on a crappy tune?

jeez.
I had about five minutes of time in the car and then I wrote my review. I noticed the problems after driving longer distances and slowly running through the gears.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There are multiple members that got hit with the CEL and their are multiple members on the east coast that have sent their tune back and forth MULTIPLE times and their cars still run like crap. I understand your love for Weistec and you also have the luxury of just sending your cars there.

In my eyes this is just down right terrible customer service and terrible R&D on their parts.

This is coming from someone that sells 20 dollar pre workout supplements. I have customers that have issues daily and I make sure they are taken care of.
I can tell you their R&D is thoroug and in depth on every product they have ever developed. I know this first hand becuase my vehicles are used for a lot if their R&D using prototype parts. I do independant dyno testing, track testing and street/road testing before they list the parts for sale to the public, there have been many instances where something has not been right or worked properly and they change/modify it then I retest it before they sell it to the masses. Like I said in my previous post I am not doubting your experience but it does not sound typical. Also as I stated I do not own a CLA45 so I don' haveI have personal experience with that platform other than that one of my best friends owns one with all the Weistec goodies and the car is a rocket and he has not had any issues with the Weistec tune. I don't know much about tuning but just thunking out loud here, you state that you know of a few people on the east coast that got CEL's with their Weistec tunes, I am wondering if it has anything to do with fuel and octane?? I know California gets crap gasoline with only a 90 or 91 octane rating whilemmost if the rest of the country gets 93 octane premium. You would think the higher octane would help but you never know, like I said justthunking out loud here. Wesitec is a great tuner and built the fastest Mercedes Benz in the world and hold records in just about every category that records are kept, that kind of stuff does not happen by accident. The Mercedes/AMG tunung market is competitive, a bad tu er would not hold so many records and the truth is no other tuner is even remotely close to breaking the records.

Here is some food for thought. While I have no issues whatsoever with Eurocharged, they are one of just a few reputible AMG tuner out there. I hung out with Jake from Eurocharged a week ago at the Ultimate Road Rally Chicago, great guy, known him for many many years and they are located literally just a few miles away from my home yetI choose to send my cars 2000 miles away to Weistec in California....ponder that thought for a few moments.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:14 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
I can tell you their R&D is thoroug and in depth on every product they have ever developed. I know this first hand becuase my vehicles are used for a lot if their R&D using prototype parts. I do independant dyno testing, track testing and street/road testing before they list the parts for sale to the public, there have been many instances where something has not been right or worked properly and they change/modify it then I retest it before they sell it to the masses. Like I said in my previous post I am not doubting your experience but it does not sound typical. Also as I stated I do not own a CLA45 so I don' haveI have personal experience with that platform other than that one of my best friends owns one with all the Weistec goodies and the car is a rocket and he has not had any issues with the Weistec tune. I don't know much about tuning but just thunking out loud here, you state that you know of a few people on the east coast that got CEL's with their Weistec tunes, I am wondering if it has anything to do with fuel and octane?? I know California gets crap gasoline with only a 90 or 91 octane rating whilemmost if the rest of the country gets 93 octane premium. You would think the higher octane would help but you never know, like I said justthunking out loud here. Wesitec is a great tuner and built the fastest Mercedes Benz in the world and hold records in just about every category that records are kept, that kind of stuff does not happen by accident. The Mercedes/AMG tunung market is competitive, a bad tu er would not hold so many records and the truth is no other tuner is even remotely close to breaking the records.

Here is some food for thought. While I have no issues whatsoever with Eurocharged, they are one of just a few reputible AMG tuner out there. I hung out with Jake from Eurocharged a week ago at the Ultimate Road Rally Chicago, great guy, known him for many many years and they are located literally just a few miles away from my home yetI choose to send my cars 2000 miles away to Weistec in California....ponder that thought for a few moments.
Interesting and informative post. What specifically made you choose Weistec over Eurocharged?
Old 07-26-2015, 12:20 PM

Smh buddy, I realize you are a big weistec fan, that's great. I am very glad that your experiences with Weistec were great. Unfortunately mine were not. Instead of trying to convince me that Weistec is a good company why don't you hit up the owner and tell him to start taking better care of his customers. Like I said before Weistec had multiple opportunities to make this right. I DO NOT like talking smack about anyones business. I most likely would have bought more products from Weistec in the future. Now I will not. This is all over 120 bucks that they just could have easily refunded me and I would have been happy.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Smh buddy, I realize you are a big weistec fan, that's great. I am very glad that your experiences with Weistec were great. Unfortunately mine were not. Instead of trying to convince me that Weistec is a good company why don't you hit up the owner and tell him to start taking better care of his customers. Like I said before Weistec had multiple opportunities to make this right. I DO NOT like talking smack about anyones business. I most likely would have bought more products from Weistec in the future. Now I will not. This is all over 120 bucks that they just could have easily refunded me and I would have been happy.
James, we truly apologize for your experience and we apologize for allowing things to escalate to this point. Not tending to the needs of all of our customers and really working with them is unacceptable. In the end you are correct, we manufacture and sell a product that is of highest quality, and the highest quality customer service and results should come with this, and unfortunately you had the opposite experience. Please expect an email from us shortly. Thank you.

Weistec Engineering

Last edited by Weistec; 07-26-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
^^^^^ boooooooomm true customer service
Im sure you will be taking care of james

good luck
Old 07-27-2015, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

deleted by moderator
Andy???? How you been buddy?

Last edited by amdeutsch; 07-27-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
Should've went with OETuning & Benzworks. In my 10+ years of business with them, they've never wronged me once.

Definitely nothing against EC here. I just prefer Jeremy's tunes after trying both out on my E55. An expensive lesson, but very much worth it.

Sorry to hear about your problems with Weistec. :/

Last edited by Koru_Kinshi; 07-29-2015 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
deleted by moderator
seems you quoted the wrong thing

Last edited by amdeutsch; 07-27-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:31 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
AMG GT63S
And then it went south..
Old 07-29-2015, 09:06 PM

Weistec has reached out to me and rectified the situation. Thank you for coming through Weistec!
Old 07-29-2015, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
i can tell you one thing mate these guys go above and beyond to help there customers

Steve drove out to the other side of CA to fix a problem for me h thats how far they go out and help there customers and im located in Australia

Congrates on getting this fixed
Old 07-30-2015, 12:41 AM

2017 C63S Coupe Edition 1
I am sure they will come through. I am local to Weistec and have been looking forward to taking my CLA45 AMG there for some tuning. My business partner has a G63 AMG and wants to see what they can do as well. Either way, not being local to a tuning company can cause some issues not only logistically, but communication can become delayed as well.

I wish jamesyot the best of luck in getting his car back to "fast as ****" status asap!
Old 07-31-2015, 08:55 PM

W212 E63
jamesyot.. I did went with Weistec after reading your review and I have already pay them for the tune the day before you make this post. Now, I just hope the tune will work good with my car.

I was using Rebellion piggy back in my 45 but experienced similar problems just like you did. The car have jerky acceleration, especially when accelerate from high gear and low speed. Keeping my fingers cross for the Weistec tune.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:27 PM

2014 CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by eason
jamesyot.. I did went with Weistec after reading your review and I have already pay them for the tune the day before you make this post. Now, I just hope the tune will work good with my car.
I did the same based off of James' review.

I installed the bov, mid pipe, and down pipe for a few weeks prior to getting the ECU tuned. No CEL. Then I got the car tuned and it completely changed the way it drives. I've launched it as well and had no issues with it or rolling through the gears. The only issue I noticed was some RPM sputtering during a few 60-90 pulls (I think I was in 5th, I don't recall). It wasn't drastic but it was certainly noticeable considering the car rips right through the other gears. That was a few days after I got the ECU back from tuning. It's been just over a week now and I haven't had a chance to test it again.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:17 PM

I was using Rebellion piggy back in my 45 but experienced similar problems just like you did. The car have jerky acceleration, especially when accelerate from high gear and low speed. Keeping my fingers cross for the Weistec tune.
Well I was one of the first to get the tunes from weistec, I think the issue was the 93 octane gas that we have here on the east coast. I am pretty sure wiestec has made the adjustments to the tune when we went back and forth. Weistec has made the situation right with me and going forward I will continue to be a customer.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Weistec has reached out to me and rectified the situation. Thank you for coming through Weistec!
Alright! Glad it worked out and Weistec rectified the problem.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:32 AM

You should be good to go with their current tune. I had Rebellion previously, no issues with it though. Then went with Weistec downpipe & flash, and Alpha intake. I thought the Rebellion piggyback was night & day and I'd see a nice gain from these upgrades. It was again night & day from piggyback. Strong pull throughout, not just mid and high. Very happy with outcome.