CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

ARMYTRIX EXHAUST WIRING INSTALL QUESTION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 04:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cla45
ARMYTRIX EXHAUST WIRING INSTALL QUESTION

Just received my armytrix exhaust and i'm trying to figure out how to route the wiring from the engine bay through the firewall to reach the OBD harness under the driver's seat. I see access to push wire through passenger side as there is a large grommet there but i need access to the driver's side. Anyone? driver side engine bay is loaded with little visibility. thanks John
Old 04-29-2016, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got iPE exhaust. Ran wiring from rear of car where solenoid is to inside of trunk and along passenger side to get to footwell where I mounted remote control unit. I had to run one wire from there to driver side to throttle control voltage wire off pedal, but same area as OBD. It was an easy pass from passenger side under dash and behind command to get to pedal harness.

So if you have to enter from engine compartment I'd just go through passenger side grommet and run behind over to OBD port.

They're both valvetronic exhaust systems, not sure why you'd have to go in through engine bay, but if you do that's the route I'd take.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:33 PM

cla45
Originally Posted by P3T3
I've got iPE exhaust. Ran wiring from rear of car where solenoid is to inside of trunk and along passenger side to get to footwell where I mounted remote control unit. I had to run one wire from there to driver side to throttle control voltage wire off pedal, but same area as OBD. It was an easy pass from passenger side under dash and behind command to get to pedal harness.

So if you have to enter from engine compartment I'd just go through passenger side grommet and run behind over to OBD port.

They're both valvetronic exhaust systems, not sure why you'd have to go in through engine bay, but if you do that's the route I'd take.
THANKS FOR THE REPLY!

the Armytrix uses the vacuum source under hood to connect to the solenoid valve. From there, the solenoid is attached to the cable that goes to the OBD. Does yours not use the vacuum source under the hood? curious! but thanks for the tip. i guess ill have to go through passenger side then behind dash to driver side. do i need a snake to get it from pass to driver side? Thanks again John
Old 04-29-2016, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by iamracerX
THANKS FOR THE REPLY!

the Armytrix uses the vacuum source under hood to connect to the solenoid valve. From there, the solenoid is attached to the cable that goes to the OBD. Does yours not use the vacuum source under the hood? curious! but thanks for the tip. i guess ill have to go through passenger side then behind dash to driver side. do i need a snake to get it from pass to driver side? Thanks again John

Ah yes, I ran vacuum line from engine all the way to rear of car where I located the solenoid. Then wiring up and inside from there. You may want to do the same to keep short run from solenoid to valve pumps. That's how I was instructed by iPE.

I can't remember whether I needed or not, but a piece of solid copper from some household Romex works perfect for snaking behind there.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:41 PM

cla45
Originally Posted by P3T3
Ah yes, I ran vacuum line from engine all the way to rear of car where I located the solenoid. Then wiring up and inside from there. You may want to do the same to keep short run from solenoid to valve pumps. That's how I was instructed by iPE.

I can't remember whether I needed or not, but a piece of solid copper from some household Romex works perfect for snaking behind there.
i was told to keep the solenoid out of the elements and leave under the hood as is the instructions for armytrix.

what did you do with the stock actuator? im told to hook to stock car plug and "place in waterproof site." im thinking to bolt near plug on the underside. need to get the correct stainless bolt etc.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:25 PM

Easier to text and send pics, PM sent.