CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Colder NGK spark plugs (part numbers)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 07:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Colder NGK spark plugs (part numbers)

for anyone having issues with spark plugs before i sold my modded cla i fouled a few plugs, changed to 1 step colder and had no issues after

these fit and work perfect, if any companies come out with CLA45 specific spark plugs and try to charge stupid money for them, these will basically be the same thing and easier to get

the spark plus is
NGK (6205) LKAR9BI9 Laser Iridium Spark Plug
(available right on amazon)
Amazon.com: NGK (6205) LKAR9BI9 Laser Iridium Spark Plug: Automotive Amazon.com: NGK (6205) LKAR9BI9 Laser Iridium Spark Plug: Automotive

YOU WILL NEED THIS ADAPTER

NGK Spark Plug Terminal Nut
(available right on amazon)
Amazon.com: NGK Spark Plug Terminal Nut: Automotive Amazon.com: NGK Spark Plug Terminal Nut: Automotive

you screw the terminal nuts onto the plug and its a perfect fit

me and my mechanic swear the car revved a little smoother at high rpm with these plugs
The following users liked this post:
swiss028 (12-25-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLA45 AMG
What kind of symptoms were you having that led you to finding the fouled plugs? I purchased a car that has a weistec tune and downpipe. It has developed a bit of a stutter at anything past half throttle and over 4500 rpms. I was looking for things to try before I shipped the ECu back to weistec.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:43 PM

dude check my other post about weistec, they are absolute scumbags, it's your tune trust me, make them retune it and make sure it's actually faster, i had the same problem for a very long time and they lied to me for awhile before admitting they sent tons of bad tunes out to people I'd give then one chance fix it then start demanding a refund, make sure you get it dyoned after, they way they fixed my car to shut me up was they turned the power down to stock, I didn't ever know for months, if you don't have to deal with weistec with maybe the exception of going to them directly I'd go anywhere else, there are tuners that can tune these cars, if you can just get a custom dyno tune
Old 08-14-2016, 01:22 PM

2014 CLA45 AMG
Any recommendations for a shop in the northeast?

Did the spark pugs make a difference? I did talk to weistec and they said "it appears that your was tuned sometime I the past and it looks like it was older software. try to get it updated at the dealer and send it back into us" I contacted the dealer and they said, uh yeah I don't think we can help you.

I'm sorry if I seem ignorant on a ot of these things, but I'm new to this tuning thing.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:21 PM

i replaced the plugs because I fouled a few, other then that i had the same symptoms I'm guessing you had and they were 100% weistecs tune, the dealer won't be able to help you with it, the update weistec has might fix it but I'd be very sceptical of how good the car will actually run and how much power you'll get, it's prolly worth trying the weistec update, if that isn't perfect demand a refund on the ecu, whatever you do please please don't let them tell you there's something wrong with your car, that's what they did to me and I put a ridiculous amount of time searching for a problem that was their tune the entire time, if your near Connecticut I might know a tuner that can tune those now, he was close to being able to get into them before I sold mine
Old 08-14-2016, 03:41 PM

2014 CLA45 AMG
It would appear that I have purchased your old car. It is still doing the same thing it did when you had it. I did not notice this on test drive or in the first couple months of ownership. Any suggestions on where I should go next?
Old 08-14-2016, 07:27 PM

try the revised tune, you can check the plugs too and see if any are looking bad, it wasn't doing that before i sold it though, it was running fine, it was a long struggle to get it running good due to weistec lying to me for months
Old 08-14-2016, 08:02 PM

2014 CLA45 AMG
I think I will just go ahead and order 4 of the plugs you gave the part number for and see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't help I guess I'll send the ECU back to weistec. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:23 PM

2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by mihaley
try the revised tune, you can check the plugs too and see if any are looking bad, it wasn't doing that before i sold it though, it was running fine, it was a long struggle to get it running good due to weistec lying to me for months
did your car throw any CEL codes when the spark plugs went bad?