CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Need Opinions:Rebellion vs. Weistec vs Renntech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 02:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 CLA 45 AMG
Smile Need Opinions:Rebellion vs. Weistec vs Renntech

Hello all, new to the forums. Recently picked up a nice 2016 CLA45 AMG. I have been enjoying the stock power levels for the first 2,000 miles. However, I think I will be ready to take it up a notch within the next several thousand miles. My question lies with what tuner to go with. I'm not new to modding cars, but new to mercedes. (I used to own a 2012 Evo X). I have no idea which mercedes tuners are the most reputable/safest etc.

From the research I've done, it seems renntech is pretty safe, especially since they are offered in-house at some benz dealers, however the power levels arent that impressive compared to other companies, such as weistec. The issue with weistec is the fact that its a full ecu flash, and that I'd have to be without a car for a while as I mail in my ecu. Also afraid my warranty could be easily jeopardized going this route.

Therefore, I'm looking into the Rebellion tune, probably a stage 2 with downpipe. It looks like they offer a little more gains than the renntech piggyback tune. But I like the idea that its a piggyback tune and I can remove it when I go to service the car at the dealer.

What are your opinions or thoughts on the different tuners?